Forum on 20th

Do we think there is any chance that the club is up for sale and this forum will be about finding new ownership for the club?

Really baffled that Jos is still in charge and when I think about it this is the only reason I can think of that kind of makes sense to me for him to be still in charge. We’ve heard very little from the club and DC seems to in Thailand more and more these days.

Do you guys think there is any chance this could be the case? 

Heres hoping anyway lol 

I’m starting to get very concerned.

He could sell us to anyone. Remember Pompey? They got passed around like a cheap hooker.

To those who would suggest that nothing could be worse than our current predicament:

It can always get worse.

2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I’m starting to get very concerned.

He could sell us to anyone. Remember Pompey? They got passed around like a cheap hooker.

To those who would suggest that nothing could be worse than our current predicament:

It can always get worse.

Agree - this could get much much worse. We’re looking for someone to prop us up for 12/18 months before we can even make progress. Doesn’t seem like the greatest of propositions, and the worse the deal the lower the bar will be for calibre of investor. Then we’ve got the issue of Chansiri not having a chance of getting his investment back up front. So what does he do to ensure that happens over time or in the future? Only hope I can see is that we sell players to avoid an embargo in the summer whilst still staying up this season. With all the players out of contract this would bring forward the time that the new owner could start to play with their new toy. 

17 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness he did, DC states that at the last forum.

As much as fans love Milan, he wanted to get us promoted and then sell a Championship club at a profit. Nothing wrong with that and he saved the club in the process but once we were promoted Milan was happy to keep spending at a minimum and have us finish 4th from bottom until sold us IMO.

Probably not the most popular opinion on here but just how I see it.

I’m under no illusions about mandaric

all that guff about leaving us in the right hands was just that.

first he tried to flog us to one dodgy lot, and when that failed we ended up with the little price.

17 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

My predictions for the evening are: 

1: Realises he can’t do it on his own 

2: Bigger problems than first thought - Players, FFP Rules, Fan unrest etc 

3: Finances need underpinning Causing Investment / Partial takeover from the business sector with sponsors to ease FFP with DC still in the shadows (he won’t forfeit the investment) neither will he hand it over totally. 

4: Back seat taken and more fredom for the CEO 

5: Prices can’t be dropped due to choices made by the fans 

And the winner of today's star prize is Spencerowl.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be nice if Milan bought us back from DC :-). A proper chairman. 

I don’t get why MM is held in such high esteem. 

Basically kept us ticking over, no ambition and  then took out loans to keep the club running using the ground as security despite saying he’d never do so and having funds available himself. We’d have gone down again with him remaining 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

I don’t get why MM is held in such high esteem. 

Basically kept us ticking over, no ambition and  then took out loans to keep the club running using the ground as security despite saying he’d never do so and having funds available himself. We’d have gone down again with him remaining 

Imo a lot better owner than DC. I actually felt close to the club under the leadership of MM. Under DC I don’t think I have felt less a part of the club since under the dark days of Richards. Milan saved us and personally I will forever be greatful for that. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo a lot better owner than DC. I actually felt close to the club under the leadership of MM. Under DC I don’t think I have felt less a part of the club since under the dark days of Richards. Milan saved us and personally I will forever be greatful for that. 

MM knew what to say and when to say it. 

Wise football businessman that knew how to do that absolute minimum to get the biggest affect.