Forum on 20th

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Then a big shock it will be. 

Will it? I don’t think the fans are under pinning the club financially at all, so what is ST holders go down? More money can be pumped in from other areas currently not exploited, sponsorship , sale of players etc etc the list goes on. If anyone’s expecting anything better than a price freeze even if we go down then you will be disappointed. On the plus side you will be anywhere between 400-650 pounds better off. 

32 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Surely if the club was up for sale it would be public knowledge to draw in investors. 

Keeping it hush hush makes no sense. 

I expect DC is seeking investors, not a takeover. With investors you can balance ffp/ps a lot easier. 

Serious question. Can money's from external investment be counted as income for the purposes of ffp/ps?

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Serious question. Can money's from external investment be counted as income for the purposes of ffp/ps?

Yes via sponsorship from an external

source - I would think that Avenue has not been explored much due to a control issue and who’s name he wants on the seats, scorboard, shirts, etc etc 

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

You get slated on this site for this type of comment but wheels have been in motion for the sale of the club for a while. Before some smart arse says source?? No I can’t reveal it, but as I’ve heard things first hand take it as you will. Clubs for sale and may even be sold already, if not imminently. 

spill the beans you fecker (I will tell you all my secrets in the future)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Clubs get taken over all the time. 

Once debts get paid they then buy players. They are not bound to ffp by previous owners mistakes. 

If DC sold some shares that wiped out some debt. It would work the same way surely? 

Even if he did lose 10 percent of his shares. 

If the efl didnt allow this then clubs would go pop. 

16 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Disagree - I don’t think he is. I think he knows he doesn’t need the fans money in his head 

He doesn’t need the fans money- As in, he doesn’t need people’s custom? 

Thats not how business works - unless I’ve misunderstood your point?

Edited by Silkstone Owl

Just now, Mighty0wls said:

The source?

Also mate you're getting me hopeful tbh. If there is no takeover soon I'm gonna come back and neg you

lolNeg away, I guarantee nothing, just know it’s been discussed, and meetings happened and he’s a very unhappy boy. As I’m not privileged enough to be in said meetings I’m taking overheard conversations, calls made in my presence.  I have worked with people very close to DC, And several from the club over the last 9 months sporadically. 

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

lolNeg away, I guarantee nothing, just know it’s been discussed, and meetings happened and he’s a very unhappy boy. As I’m not privileged enough to be in said meetings I’m taking overheard conversations, calls made in my presence.  I have worked with people very close to DC, And several from the club over the last 9 months sporadically. 

I want to believe you but you live in Spencer Town.......lolThat said, DC lives in Cloud Cuckoo Land so I'll run with it!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 5

Just now, Sonny said:

Happy to be wrong but I don’t think that’s true, unfortunately.

Why would anyone buy a club if they were going to get a points deduction? 

It has never ever been heard of and would put new owners off. 

Why would the efl do that? 

Only this week did we hear how Peter Kenyon is leading a consortium on the verge of buying Newcastle. Doesn't have to be any public knowledge in the run up to a deal.

That loony oriental running Villa managed to find investors. They changed manager & are now as potent as anybody.

Everything is possible. Football is barmy. Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

He doesn’t need the fans money- As in, he doesn’t need people’s custom? 

Thats not how business works - unless I’ve misunderstood your point?

No, he doesn’t need the fans money. Add up the total spend by the fans in a year against what he has spent, sure the money helps him but would the club fold without the fans money a no. The problem for DC is balancing the books so that FFP is not broken, or he would have pumped a lot more money in dwarfing the fans investment

• Thanks 1