How many games...

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Union_Group

Multi billion dollar organisation.

You don't get to that scale without dispensing with ineffective people.

What's that got to do with DC? He isn't and never has been involved with TUF other than owning some shares that were gifted to him as part of the family trust. DC's brother is the man at TUF and has followed on from his father.

As far as DC goes, his business interests pretty much extend to owning some property that TUF occupy and lease from him (in a deal where his father basically gave him the property and then rented it back off him).

Whilst this does nothing to prove that he is not an excellent businessman, the success of TUF and his own gifted wealth are completely irrelevant in proving that he is.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, londonowl said:

What's that got to do with DC? He isn't and never has been involved with TUF other than owning some shares that were gifted to him as part of the family trust. DC's brother is the man at TUF and has followed on from his father.

As far as DC goes, his business interests pretty much extend to owning some property that TUF occupy and lease from him (in a deal where his father basically gave him the property and then rented it back off him).

Whilst this does nothing to prove that he is not an excellent businessman, the success of TUF and his own gifted wealth are completely irrelevant in proving that he is.

So he's a stooge appointed by the family ?

Whatever the case I would imagine the family would want to see some form progression towards a return on their investment.

Maybe his brother needs to get involved.

7 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

So if you were in DC's shoes how long would you persevere with Jos ?

I can only see us climbing the table, when players start coming back.

We're missing creativity up front but have been sloppy at times, which has cost us points.

I can't put the poor decisions in those defensive moments down to Jos, like others have.

The only way he'll lose his job is if we do drift into the bottom three while the top players are returning.

I've not got a clue as to what DC is thinking really.

I'd like to see him see how we perform up to the New Year before making a decision.

Guest Jack the Hat
9 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

So he's a stooge appointed by the family ?

Whatever the case I would imagine the family would want to see some form progression towards a return on their investment.

Maybe his brother needs to get involved.

I find all this kind of stuff , quite frankly, disgusting. OK things aren't panning out at the moment and he has made lots of mistakes, but he has spent a lot of money.calling him a stooge and questioning the business acumen of a billionaire who we know little about is unacceptable. It's embarrassing and if I was reading  tripe like this I'd pull all the money and then we would have something to moan about. People on here have short memories.

13 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I find all this kind of stuff , quite frankly, disgusting. OK things aren't panning out at the moment and he has made lots of mistakes, but he has spent a lot of money.calling him a stooge and questioning the business acumen of a billionaire who we know little about is unacceptable. It's embarrassing and if I was reading  tripe like this I'd pull all the money and then we would have something to moan about. People on here have short memories.

Sorry, but you don't get it. He is not a proven business man, but his dad is. This is his toy, a rather big lego set. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I'm not calling him a stooge, I'm trying to qualify what londonowl thinks he is if he's not a businessman or the real owner of the club.

On 14/11/2018 at 20:31, Finney on the Wing said:

Try replacing the 'good fortune' with bad defending or poor finishing - we could easily have been 7-11 points better off out of the four defeat run we had.

Agree with your last five lines though.

We all know about jos the rotator and tinkerman mk2, but some of the things that havnt gone our way, (lack of good fortune) as you say, could have been different by smarter substitutions by Jos, not acting quicker or changing things at the right time. Also by better game management by the players, we do seem nieve and too overly sporting at times. 

On 14/11/2018 at 18:39, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I just don't get it.

In any other aspect of his business I'm sure DC's employees are accountable and expendable should they underperform.

Your mistake here is assuming that DC is judging their performance against your expectations rather than his own

53 minutes ago, Ian said:

Your mistake here is assuming that DC is judging their performance against your expectations rather than his own

I got the impression that his expectations involved the chance of promotion. Is it going to be a case of wait until it's mathematically impossible to achieve that and then act ?

On 14/11/2018 at 21:09, Jack the Hat said:

You know Donald trump I presume bud, successful businessman and now the Americans president. 

Well as the story goes his wealthy mummy & Daddy gave him a load of cash to set up his own businesses.. 

Which due to his ineptitude, arrogance and stubborness he made a complete mess of and ended up bankrupt. 

So they then re set him up in business again, only this time left him as the public figure while other people that knew what they were doing were hired in to run things and therefore he became (turned into) a successful businessman. 

My point is, I'm seeing similarlies between him and Dc,I'm waiting for  hopefully the real business brains to take the fore and clean up/organise his mess in the not too distant future allowing us to push on. 

• Haha 1

3 games

no win in next 3 and they'll be no excuse to keep him

I can take defeats (I support Wednesday) but surrendering like we did against Norwich and Qpr is unforgivable.

we are capable of causing teams pressure ,we did it against villa not long ago

On 14/11/2018 at 20:49, RichSheffWeds said:

I presume you thought we should get rid 5 games ago when we were in top 6? 

Tag nobody did. But these last five games have changed most people’s mind, including mine. It’s not just the poor results. It’s the tactics the selections the subs everything.  I think he’s lost the plot. I hope he can turn it round but I don’t think he will. How long do you keep going?

On 14 November 2018 at 18:39, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I just don't get it.

In any other aspect of his business I'm sure DC's employees are accountable and expendable should they underperform.

I'd actually like to see to see DC's credentials, I personally think he's a little rich boy through cash given to him that saw us as way of trying to prove his business acumen to his family by investing their money, not worked out for him though because he's clueless .

On 14/11/2018 at 18:25, Rhubarb n Custard said:

...has Jos got to turn this shizzle round ?

Its all well and good us speculating on a new gaffer but unless DC has a radical rethink of his hiring/firing policy it could well be too by the time he acts.

Alarming times.

Hopefully none and is gone before next match. 

Can’t see it though with our useless chairman in control.

likely to be here till around Xmas, then get rid when far too late.  Groundhog Day anyone?!

Edited by Pinky