How many games...

2 minutes ago, brando said:

unfortunately I think your right,what a shambles

So by that reckoning, I would assume that if he did sack JL, because of DC's attitude and his football acumen or lack of, it will still be in a shambles with a new manager. So do folk on here really know what's going on or more to the point what they want. Firing from the hip seems a favourite pastime. Sack the manager seems to be the stock response for the mess we are in. That doesn't even scratch the surface with what is wrong with this club in my opinion. Start with the root cause and work through the issues systematically or this ain't going to go away. Fire fighting at best. No two ways about it, all the propaganda what came from MM re passing the club onto a responsible and able person  wasn't the case.

On 14 November 2018 at 19:09, Rhubarb n Custard said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Union_Group

Multi billion dollar organisation.

You don't get to that scale without dispensing with ineffective people.

You do realise he has nothing to do with the Union Group don't you ?  It's how his Father made his money .

Edited by Owl999
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2018 at 22:01, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I'm not calling him a stooge, I'm trying to qualify what londonowl thinks he is if he's not a businessman or the real owner of the club.

I think he is absolutely the owner of the club. I do not believe him to be a 'stooge' of any kind.

The jury is out in whether he's a businessman or not. He owns a share of companies but they are all related to TUF (For example, he owns 25% of Chansiri Real Estate Co which owns the TUF Bangkok office).

I'm not saying he's not a successful businessman, only that we have nothing to show either way (being rich doesn't count!).

58 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

So by that reckoning, I would assume that if he did sack JL, because of DC's attitude and his football acumen or lack of, it will still be in a shambles with a new manager. So do folk on here really know what's going on or more to the point what they want. Firing from the hip seems a favourite pastime. Sack the manager seems to be the stock response for the mess we are in. That doesn't even scratch the surface with what is wrong with this club in my opinion. Start with the root cause and work through the issues systematically or this ain't going to go away. Fire fighting at best. No two ways about it, all the propaganda what came from MM re passing the club onto a responsible and able person  wasn't the case.

I wouldn't trust anyone involved at the club to make a good appointment. 

Katrien Meire doesn't have good form in this field.

Jose Riga, 3 months

Bob Peeters, 6 months

Guy Luzon, 10 months

Karel Fraeye, 3 months

Jose Riga (again), 6 months

Russel Slade, 6 months

All except the last one plucked from obscure Belgian or German teams.

Edited by londonowl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I wouldn't trust anyone involved at the club to make a good appointment. 

Katrien Meire doesn't have good form in this field.

Jose Riga, 3 months

Bob Peeters, 6 months

Guy Luzon, 10 months

Karel Fraeye, 3 months

Jose Riga (again), 6 months

Russel Slade, 6 months

All except the last one plucked from obscure Belgian or German teams.

Russell slade being one of the worst names on that list too. But yes it seems no coincidence that Meire arrives and an obscure coach from that part of the world is appointed.  Seems she really learnt her lessons from last time.. 

imagine being in that brainstorm meeting, Meire “how about... we appoint a foreign bloke no one outside of Britain has heard of and has been out of work for 2 years. We tried it at Charlton and I’m thinking that this could be 7th time lucky of working out”. 

On 14/11/2018 at 18:25, Rhubarb n Custard said:

...has Jos got to turn this shizzle round ?

Its all well and good us speculating on a new gaffer but unless DC has a radical rethink of his hiring/firing policy it could well be too by the time he acts.

Alarming times.

Only 3 or 4 surely. I'd have got rid after the blades game and given a new manager 2 weeks with the team before Derby at home.

On 14/11/2018 at 21:01, Finney on the Wing said:

I can only see us climbing the table, when players start coming back.

We're missing creativity up front but have been sloppy at times, which has cost us points.

I can't put the poor decisions in those defensive moments down to Jos, like others have.

The only way he'll lose his job is if we do drift into the bottom three while the top players are returning.

I've not got a clue as to what DC is thinking really.

I'd like to see him see how we perform up to the New Year before making a decision.

We have top players already, what about when he benched  hector and  got battered?  What about Sammy who's clearly better than pelupessy? The manager is responasble for us been where we  are and if we don't change him I can see us falling further 

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

We have top players already, what about when he benched  hector and  got battered?  What about Sammy who's clearly better than pelupessy? The manager is responasble for us been where we  are and if we don't change him I can see us falling further 

Hmj8.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

We have top players already, what about when he benched  hector and  got battered?  What about Sammy who's clearly better Looking than pelupessy? The manager is responasble for us been where we  are and if we don't change him I can see us falling further 

:Pelupessy:

post-14710-066210500 1297410799_thumb.jpg

187293-1418933893.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I was baffled by him not playing Hector but for 50 minutes we weren't in any trouble whatsoever, other players have really got to step up in tough times.

They did it against WBA (ok, for 85 mins!!) when Bannan wasn't available so it is within them, so if Hector's injured at any point, they've got to up it again.

I do think three at the back is the only way for us to line-up though.

As for Sam v Joey I'm not sure Sam is reliable enough (injuries/discipline) whereas Joey a better player at breaking up opposition play, although he's had off days too.

• Haha 1