Luhukay's Credentials

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I know the feeling if you travel from Hook in Hampshire. Went down there for a business trip not so long ago. A well known whiskey and spirits distributor that wants to get into the China market. A long journey down from Lincolnshire. If you go to every home game, I take my hat off to you.

:stuwinky:

Different Hook mate, I'm in east Yorkshire so only about an hours travel each way. lol

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I reckon he was a contact of Katrien's. He was appointed shortly after her, from roughly the same part of the world and they seemed particularly pally when sat together in the Directors' Box just before Jos officially got the job.

Both are Doyen appointments...

39 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Championship just as competitive as bundesliga, ok

Think about it for a second,are the top leagues defined as "competitive" by the amount of different teams that "can" win the league or the amount of teams that "do" win the league.

Since 2000 Bayern Munich have been champions 14 times.............................competitive........................not really.

Premier league is or has been Dominated by Man utd,Chelsea,Arsenal,Man City inbetween freak seasons like Blackburn and Leicester.............competitive to a point.

Now if you look at who can win the Championship................well,take your pick,but to me its a dam sight more cempetitive than the leagues above.

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Haha 1

In fairness to Jos, one of the biggest reported problems at the club is the fact that bids are being turned down by Chansiri for players who aren't in his first team plans.

That said, I don't think any of us will ever be willing to accept the brand of football he's showcased so far this season. Parking the bus just isn't the Wednesday way.

54 minutes ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

According to that Wiki link, he has got 3 teams promoted to German top league. 

Thats a failure and inconsistent????

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Dunno, maybe he was available and the only option prepared to take the job given the constraints that they would be facing?

In that case,  Stuart Gray would have been a better option.

3 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

In fairness to Jos, one of the biggest reported problems at the club is the fact that bids are being turned down by Chansiri for players who aren't in his first team plans.

That said, I don't think any of us will ever be willing to accept the brand of football he's showcased so far this season. Parking the bus just isn't the Wednesday way.

The strange thing is, his career is based on solid defensive football...some say boring...but anyhow, we have relegation form defensive football.

He really is a dour one trick pony

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe so but that gives rise to three questions:

1. Was Stuey available or happier with his role at Fulham?

2. Would Stuey want to work for Chansiri after the manner of his departure?

3. Would Chansiri be prepared to lose face and do a U-turn by appointing Stuey?

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Still appalled that this man wasn't given a chance when Chansiri arrived.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

The strange thing is, his career is based on solid defensive football...some say boring...but anyhow, we have relegation form defensive football.

He really is a dour one trick pony

A dour one trick pony who insists on playing a style of football that doesn't suit the personnel we have.

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

Absolutely risible.  Beyond belief.

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Maybe so but that gives rise to three questions:

1. Was Stuey available or happier with his role at Fulham?

2. Would Stuey want to work for Chansiri after the manner of his departure?

3. Would Chansiri be prepared to lose face and do a U-turn by appointing Stuey?

If only we could tempt Stuart Gray back. Did a wonderous job and wasnt given the chance when the money came in. Think we would be in a far better place under his management. 

34 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Think about it for a second,are the top leagues defined as "competitive" by the amount of different teams that "can" win the league or the amount of teams that "do" win the league.

Since 2000 Bayern Munich have been champions 14 times.............................competitive........................not really.

Premier league is or has been Dominated by Man utd,Chelsea,Arsenal,Man City inbetween freak seasons like Blackburn and Leicester.............competitive to a point.

Now if you look at who can win the Championship................well,take your pick,but to me its a dam sight more cempetitive than the leagues above.

So on that basis championship is as competitive as evostick premier as im not sure who's gonna win that.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If only we could tempt Stuart Gray back. Did a wonderous job and wasnt given the chance when the money came in. Think we would be in a far better place under his management. 

One of the things that made me doubt Chansiri from the outset was not giving Stuey a chance with some money to spend. I think he could have constructed a competitive side with quarter of the money spawned in the last three or four years.

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

Are you reading a different Wikipedia article to everyone else?

Borussia Mogungladbach:  First full season promotion to top flight. Two months into season in top flight, sacked with team teambottom

FC Augsburg: First full season in charge, play-offs. Second full season in charge, promotion to top flight. Third season lower mid-table in the Bundesliga

Hertha Berlin: Record-beating Champions season getting promotion to top flight. Second season, mid-table in Bundesliga

So in 3 promotions, his teams survived in the top tier with him in charge for the entirety of the season twice. How on Earth are you concluding his top-flight campaigns are failures if they surive two-thirds of the time? lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Faced a lot of despair over the years, but I support Sheffield Wednesday so will still buy my ticket.

So will I... but if I had a 7 hour round trip like CF38OWL I doubt very much I'd be committing to that trip every other week. Good effort lad!

7 minutes ago, thommowl said:

So on that basis championship is as competitive as evostick premier as im not sure who's gonna win that.

By definition then yes,hate closed shop leagues,where's the fun in that,at least in championship there are more teams on a level palying field,not playing teams who have spent £600,£700 million on players or in Man Ciy's case a billion.