Luhukay's Credentials

DC looked at his cv, saw '2 promotions' and then googled to find out who, what and where Bundesliga was/is. 

He then interviewed Jos. Jos said 'yes' a lot. 

He gave it a few more minutes thought and decided his name was interesting so thought he must be the answer. 

Job offered and accepted.

• Like 1

He’s out of his depth at Wednesday and needs to go.

sure he’s a nice bloke and bear no malice to him but he will not take us forward in a month of Sundays.

8 minutes ago, ka58 said:

He’s out of his depth at Wednesday and needs to go.

sure he’s a nice bloke and bear no malice to him but he will not take us forward in a month of Sundays.

I've said it before but I bet based on his time in Germany he cannot believe what thefuck he's walked into in terms of professionalism at the very least.

Out of his depth is not the right phrase as it implies we are too big for him.  Badly suited is fairer as he may have come from a nice clear lake into a murky old pond.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:31, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

Did you question his credentials at the back end of the season or just a few weeks ago when we were sixth. Surprising what a bad run brings to the fore. Why are you questioning his appointment now. I bet you round telling everyone hindsight is a wonderful thing.

On 11/11/2018 at 13:31, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

But he’s still miles better than you

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2018 at 14:00, Mr Farrell said:

It lined those that recommended hims pockets.

He was an unemployed, unqualified, third rater. We were done. Again.

Our pants have been permanently down since DC took over, and we are seen as a soft touch cash cow in my view.

Not Jos's fault though. Why would he turn down his biggest payday.

How do you know it's his biggest payday?

On 11/11/2018 at 13:58, CF83OWL said:

If the man is in charge next season I will not be renewing my season ticket, I just cant face the despair and 7 hours travel each game. 

ridiculous statement based on who the manager is ...

if it was due to cost then yeah i agree

we've had far far worse managers and far worse performances than currently and with better talent signed on as well

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

ridiculous statement based on who the manager is ...

if it was due to cost then yeah i agree

we've had far far worse managers and far worse performances than currently and with better talent signed on as well

I totally disagree. In my time watching Wednesday this guy is one of the worst managers we've had. And, we're playing terrible, eye wateringly horrendous football with a side capable of much better.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Arguably being the word

So youre saying the Bundesliga is more competitive than the Championship? So, in the Bundesliga, do you get sides at the bottom regularly beating the teams at the top? Is the points gap as narrow as it is in the top half of the Championship?

Genuine questions. Im interested to know.

11 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

So youre saying the Bundesliga is more competitive than the Championship? So, in the Bundesliga, do you get sides at the bottom regularly beating the teams at the top? Is the points gap as narrow as it is in the top half of the Championship?

Genuine questions. Im interested to know.

I don't think it's fair to compare 1st and 2nd divisions.

Anyway, here's a random article exploring the competitiveness of the top 5 European Leagues.

https://www.thestatszone.com/how-competitive-are-the-top-five-european-leagues