Luhukay's Credentials

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Have we had any progression under Jos? Do we find outselves in a better position in the league and playing better football? Do we balls. 1 point from 15. 17th in the league. People saying give him time etc, give him enough time to get us in league one? It’s a chore watching us at the minute and that is down to how Jos has set us up. 

Let's look at it a touch more objectively.

He came in under tricky conditions and arguably stopped us sliding towards League 1.

He has brought in 3 players, 1 cheapy and  2 loans and brought through a number of youngsters.

His points tally this season is 20 from 51, 2 less than Stoke, 4 less than Villa and we are currently on a bad run as stated.

This thread is about his previous record, his CV and it's a BIG FAT LIE!

He's achieved promotions and kept teams up in leagues in a country with a very high standard of football.  He isn't particularly high profile but I would doubt he is a "foreign nobody" in Berlin for example.  You know, tinpot Berlin, some small village in Germany.

I can debate Jos all day with real facts and real opinions but I am sick of loudmouthed, ignorant, fuckwit, disrespectful folk stating lies as truths and constantly slagging the bloke with zero recognition of the reality of his and our circumstances.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

Several times recently I've made the point that many of those who have decided (as they seem to every few months) that the current manager has to go, feel justified therefore to indulge in misrepresentation, revisionism, special pleading and even downright lies. Some take offence to that in stereotypical fashion - "how dare you insult fans like that you arrogant ponce" etc.

Well; here is Exhibit A.

This shameful post says so much more about the person making it than it does Jos Luhukay. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Let's look at it a touch more objectively.

He came in under tricky conditions and arguably stopped us sliding towards League 1.

He has brought in 3 players, 1 cheapy and  2 loans and brought through a number of youngsters.

His points tally this season is 20 from 51, 2 less than Stoke, 4 less than Villa and we are currently on a bad run as stated.

This thread is about his previous record, his CV and it's a BIG FAT LIE!

He's achieved promotions and kept teams up in leagues in a country with a very high standard of football.  He isn't particularly high profile but I would doubt he is a "foreign nobody" in Berlin for example.  You know, tinpot Berlin, some small village in Germany.

I can debate Jos all day with real facts and real opinions but I am sick of loudmouthed, ignorant, fuckwit, disrespectful folk stating lies as truths and constantly slagging the bloke with zero recognition of the reality of his and our circumstances.

Lies like we have 1 point from 15? Lies like we are 17th in the league? Lies like we are playing dull, defensive football almost every single game. What he has done at other clubs is irrelevant, it is what he is doing or isn’t doing here. A manager should be able to motivate players and get them fired up every game. How many times have you walked away at the end of a game this season and thought we really played well and you actually felt entertained from the football we provided? Managers do well at other teams (let’s take Danny Wilson for an example) did a great job at Barnsley but what a disaster he was here. Should we just have given him more time because he did a good job elsewhere. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Lies like we have 1 point from 15? Lies like we are 17th in the league? Lies like we are playing dull, defensive football almost every single game. What he has done at other clubs is irrelevant, it is what he is doing or isn’t doing here. A manager should be able to motivate players and get them fired up every game. How many times have you walked away at the end of a game this season and thought we really played well and you actually felt entertained from the football we provided? Managers do well at other teams (let’s take Danny Wilson for an example) did a great job at Barnsley but what a disaster he was here. Should we just have given him more time because he did a good job elsewhere. 

You need to read the thread title.

• Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

This thread any thread it all boils down to whether Jos should be our manager. He may have a decent record with other clubs like you say but does it really matter when he isn’t delivering here. 

It matters in a thread which is lying about his past credentials and discrediting the quality of the league he made them in to make a stronger case for his sacking here.

I have not questioned your 1 point from 5 or 17th place or the other stuff you've said and simply pointed out that our current position can and could be shown in a different light.

I have been entertained as it happens by several performances this season as well as despaired by others.  

Like I said, I'm in here to challenge the OP.  Your mind is made up and that's fair enough.

5 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

If the man is in charge next season I will not be renewing my season ticket, I just cant face the despair and 7 hours travel each game. 

The 20 minutes travel I have is becoming too much never mind 7 hours!

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It matters in a thread which is lying about his past credentials and discrediting the quality of the league he made them in to make a stronger case for his sacking here.

I have not questioned your 1 point from 5 or 17th place or the other stuff you've said and simply pointed out that our current position can and could be shown in a different light.

I have been entertained as it happens by several performances this season as well as despaired by others.  

Like I said, I'm in here to challenge the OP.  Your mind is made up and that's fair enough.

Good and fair reply. All we can do is wait and see what happens I guess but all I ever want is the best for the club I bloody love. Daft for people to say he hasn’t done well at other clubs because he has. Would love him to do that well here but I just can’t see that right now. 

• Like 2

Jobs can be or get too much for folk who have had success elsewhere. Sometimes a manager is a good “fit” for s club and other times they aren’t.

That said, the signs of a managerial stint unravelling are common to all fans - losing runs, rumours of disquiet, disjointed performances, puzzling line ups, fan base unrest - look - Big Ron took us down but we were playing some of the best footy I’d seen at S6 and disgruntlement was nothing like we have at the minute.

We were happy at one point with Carlos but by the time he scrunched his £20 note it was obvious things had gone past a point of no return. Even Brian Clough has to leave Forest for their own good. It happens. Jos may have been great for that her Berlin but he’s not  suitored for us.

245C1C27-9B3A-4B8D-88BD-26CF09D63AA9.jpeg