Luhukay's Credentials

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sykes said:

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

Dunno, maybe he was available and the only option prepared to take the job given the constraints that they would be facing?

7 minutes ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

Doyen sports 

• Thanks 2

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Dunno, maybe he was available and the only option prepared to take the job given the constraints that they would be facing?

Managing Sheffield Wednesday is a top job, regardless of constraints.

I would be very confident that when the position of manager arises, the candidates are very high in both numbers and talent.

15 minutes ago, Sykes said:

The stats show that L2 in Germany is performing better than the Championship! 

Two promotions from a competitive division shows that JL is no flash in the pan - this and the fact he’s working at changing our ageing culture, fills me with hope. Whilst current performances are at times a ‘needs must’ and inconsistent, with much patience I think we’ll reap the benefits. Whether he’ll be granted that in modern day football is another matter. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Managing Sheffield Wednesday is a top job, regardless of constraints.

I would be very confident that when the position of manager arises, the candidates are very high in both numbers and talent.

At the time of the appointment, we had about 17 first team regulars sidelined, no money to spend on reinforcements (save for about £300K - £400K perhaps), just beaten 3-0 at home by Burton Albion and in the midst of a relegation battle. I don't think the options were as widespread as you are mooting.

• Like 2

It lined those that recommended hims pockets.

He was an unemployed, unqualified, third rater. We were done. Again.

Our pants have been permanently down since DC took over, and we are seen as a soft touch cash cow in my view.

Not Jos's fault though. Why would he turn down his biggest payday.

32 minutes ago, Sykes said:

So what's your point? 

6 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

If the man is in charge next season I will not be buying a season ticket, I just cant face the despair and 7 hours travel each game. 

Faced a lot of despair over the years, but I support Sheffield Wednesday so will still buy my ticket.

Edited by Hookowl
  • Like 3

Just now, Hookowl said:

Faced a lot of despair over the years, but I support Sheffield Wednesday so will still buy mt ticket.

tbh, I had to really think hard if I have ever wanted a manager of ours to leave before.....and I went through our list since the 90s and there has not been one until now. 

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Faced a lot of despair over the years, but I support Sheffield Wednesday so will still buy my ticket.

I know the feeling if you travel from Hook in Hampshire. Went down there for a business trip not so long ago. A well known whiskey and spirits distributor that wants to get into the China market. A long journey down from Lincolnshire. If you go to every home game, I take my hat off to you.

:stuwinky: