Luhukay's Credentials

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

By definition then yes,hate closed shop leagues,where's the fun in that,at least in championship there are more teams on a level palying field,not playing teams who have spent £600,£700 million on players or in Man Ciy's case a billion.

Is that all the clubs receiving parachute payments?

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

By definition then yes,hate closed shop leagues,where's the fun in that,at least in championship there are more teams on a level palying field,not playing teams who have spent £600,£700 million on players or in Man Ciy's case a billion.

So your happy then as long as the league we're in is competatative. I know which football I'd rather be watching

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Got bugger all to do with my point fella.

Sorry mate, that statement just lost you any credibility you had.  How a can there be a level playing field when a good proportion of clubs receive over £100m of PL money and the rest have to work within P&S rules.

Just now, Sham67 said:

Sorry mate, that statement just lost you any credibility you had.  How a can there be a level playing field when a good proportion of clubs receive over £100m of PL money and the rest have to work within P&S rules.

I've lost  my cred.....................oh sh-t really.

26 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Are you reading a different Wikipedia article to everyone else?

Borussia Mogungladbach:  First full season promotion to top flight. Two months into season in top flight, sacked with team teambottom

FC Augsburg: First full season in charge, play-offs. Second full season in charge, promotion to top flight. Third season lower mid-table in the Bundesliga

Hertha Berlin: Record-beating Champions season getting promotion to top flight. Second season, mid-table in Bundesliga

So in 3 promotions, his teams survived in the top tier with him in charge for the entirety of the season twice. How on Earth are you concluding his top-flight campaigns are failures if they surive two-thirds of the time? lol 

God knows.

People on here now making up nonsense to try to discredit the bloke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

It's sad.  

Its the mob mentality. Trying to find any and every issue on constant threads. 

This is a very tight league. We were top 6 only 5 games ago.

But the mob has spoken. He has to go. 

With the attitude on here, we'd have 3 or 4 manager a season. He inherited a mess and its going to take time to sort it out. Any manager would need time.

Just now, Sham67 said:

True mate.  I wouldn't have wanted to be in the trenches with any of them.  We'd have been having this conversation in German.

At least Jos might have been able to understand you better than some of the dudes that ask questions at the press conferences.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I reckon he was a contact of Katrien's. He was appointed shortly after her, from roughly the same part of the world and they seemed particularly pally when sat together in the Directors' Box just before Jos officially got the job.

He reeks of one of those appointments Charlton would make a few years back when they went through like 4 managers in a year before they were relegated.

i said months ago that I can see us following the same path as them 

2 hours ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

But also look at Daniel Farke at Norwich.  Spent all his playing and managing career

with low leage German clubs and then comes to Norwich.  No ones heard of him, their

fans moaning they are going nowhere with him and then bingo second season in charge

and look where they are.  I think we should give Jos longer, can't see changing managers

all the time helps a club especially one with financial constraints.

• Like 1

At the time he looked an interesting punt. The track record isn't a bad one, at all. These things are true even if there is a nefarious role for Doyen.

It doesn't seem to be working out. There was a point early in his reign where we were getting parking-the-bus 0-0 at places like Boro. We now seem to be back to that. 

The things we had hoped for: organisation, routines, players palably giving their all, don't really seem to be there. 

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

At the time he looked an interesting punt. The track record isn't a bad one, at all. These things are true even if there is a nefarious role for Doyen.

It doesn't seem to be working out. There was a point early in his reign where we were getting parking-the-bus 0-0 at places like Boro. We now seem to be back to that. 

The things we had hoped for: organisation, routines, players palably giving their all, don't really seem to be there. 

Which players aren't giving their 'all'?

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Are you reading a different Wikipedia article to everyone else?

Borussia Mogungladbach:  First full season promotion to top flight. Two months into season in top flight, sacked with team teambottom

FC Augsburg: First full season in charge, play-offs. Second full season in charge, promotion to top flight. Third season lower mid-table in the Bundesliga

Hertha Berlin: Record-beating Champions season getting promotion to top flight. Second season, mid-table in Bundesliga

So in 3 promotions, his teams survived in the top tier with him in charge for the entirety of the season twice. How on Earth are you concluding his top-flight campaigns are failures if they surive two-thirds of the time? lol 

Fake news init.

Re. his comments on crowds too the other day which were taken out of context and  spun against him, it's interesting to read that he played games at Hertha in front of as many as 76k+ and the average for the season was over 50k.

Tinpot German feckers!

Have we had any progression under Jos? Do we find outselves in a better position in the league and playing better football? Do we balls. 1 point from 15. 17th in the league. People saying give him time etc, give him enough time to get us in league one? It’s a chore watching us at the minute and that is down to how Jos has set us up. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sykes said:

For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend that you read up on our manager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Luhukay

Jos got a couple of 2. Bundesliga teams promoted and was quickly sacked/resigned the following seasons as the teams he got promoted were in relegation battles in their new league, he could never establish a foothold in the German 1st division.

The EFL Championship is just as competitive as Bundesliga, nevermind 2. Bundesliga. 

How was hiring him as the manager of a team wanting promotion to the Premier league justified? If we were going for a foreign unknown manager, why would we go for somebody who's success is inconsistent and in an unequal league to that of our own?

cheap option imo, big mistake

I backed him initially but if we haven't even got the defence worked out yet .....?

Players changed every week, systems changed all the time and a total lack of attacking nounce.

Trying to think of the last well worked goal. Can't rely on Worldies from Reach every week.