• Thorniley
    • Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Pelupessy
    • Penney
    • Matias

2 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Isn't the point of a MOTM vote to choose who you think it should've gone to? 

Obviously one of the low lifes from the |North Stand last week. Dawson all day long. He kept us in the game, Fletcher didnt win it for us. End of. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 8

Baker 5. Not good enough

Lees 7

Hector 8 immense

Thorniley 7

Fox 7 should have scored though

Pelupessy 7

Bannan 6

Penney 5 totally lost in midfield 

Reach 5 was he on the pitch

Fletcher 6

Matias 7

Fortunate to get a point. Defended really well but it was embarrassing at times the gulf in the two teams(granted we are missing a lot of players). Still Jos out for me

Dawson for the lads confidence. 

But id be happy for Hector to get it just for his dirty side. 

Dragging harvey price down and kicking the ball when the keeper had it. Really winding them up. 

I thought other than bannan eveyone had one had a good game. 

Voted thorniley. I think people forget he is only 21... to play in a game of that magnitude and show the type of maturity that was needed against a good united side will be overlooked. Obviously mentions to Dawson and hector, even Baker done well. 

Edited by Wimborneowl902
  • Like 1

Dawson   -   9    -      Barely put a foot or glove wrong …...well done young man under such pressure which is NONE of your own making

Baker    -    6    Stuck to his task defensively but looks lost with the ball at his feet

Lees    -    7    Better than of late

Hector    -    8    Very good tonight

Thorniley     -    7    Stood up to the battering we took very well

Fox    -    4    Same old , same old

Bannan    -    5    No shortage of effort (like all of them) , but quality wise he was as bad as I have seen him in a Wednesday shirt

Pelupessy    -    6    Decent first half , faded second

Reach    -    4    Might as well have been sat with me

Penney    -    4    Tried to be positive but nothing came off, should have been replaced earlier

Fletcher    -    7    Felt really sorry for him....battled manfully with no support AT ALL.

OVERALL

Humiliating how inept we looked in possession,,,,,,but no complaints with the effort.

Edited by sheriwozgod

Dawson- 9 solid, inspired confidence

Baker- 6 poor 1st half with lots of crosses from his side, backing off etc but more solid 2nd half, offered no threat going forward tho

Fox- 5 for pen and sitter but ok otherwise when dealing with lots of overlaps down flank, put in 1 good cross so 1 more than baker

Lees- 7 better, concentrated and led

Hector- 7 solid

Thornilley 7 solid

Penney- 5 agreed with sub, didnt offer much

Pelupessy- 7 solid

Bannan- 6 always gives 100% but squandered it and put us under cosh at times, needs to play it a bit simpler when needed and leave expansive stuff for when higher up pitch

Reach- 6 battled well but like team mates no threat

Fletcher-6 did what he could

Matias- 6 looked our best outlet

Great well earnt point, wont go down defending like that, especially with matias and ff to come back (yet again) to add some threat to hopefully get us higher.

Edited by Ash77

22 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson   -   9    -      Barely put a foot or glove wrong …...well done young man under such pressure which is NONE of your own making

Baker    -    6    Stuck to his task defensively but looks lost with the ball at his feet

Lees    -    7    Better than of late

Hector    -    8    Very good tonight

Thorniley     -    7    Stood up to the battering we took very well

Fox    -    4    Same old , same old

Bannan    -    5    No shortage of effort (like all of them) , but quality wise he was as bad as I have seen him in a Wednesday shirt

Pelupessy    -    6    Decent first half , faded second

Reach    -    4    Might as well have been sat with me

Penney    -    4    Tried to be positive but nothing came off, should have been replaced earlier

Fletcher    -    7    Felt really sorry for him....battled manfully with no support AT ALL.

OVERALL

Humiliating how inept we looked in possession,,,,,,but no complaints with the effort.

Agree with this.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

While I'm at it, though not my man of the match, I must say that's the best I've seen from Tom Lees in 18  months. 

Best you've seen him in 18 months but 0% of your fellow fans voted for him??????

need to build this team around Hector, forget Lees, Hutch and the rest. we've lost 3 good centre halfs recently, need to sign this monster.

10 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Best you've seen him in 18 months but 0% of your fellow fans voted for him??????

Seems not. Like me they probably thought someone else was man of the match...

10 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

need to build this team around Hector, forget Lees, Hutch and the rest. we've lost 3 good centre halfs recently, need to sign this monster.

I'd love to sign him too

Sadly I suspect the ten bob , piece of string and a toffo with some fluff stuck on it that we have left in the kitty might not be enough to secure his services!

Edited by Lord Snooty

Dawson 7 decent . Good peno save 

baker 2 out of his depth ,  needs loaning out 

lees 5 shadow of his former self 

hector 6.5 did what was required 

fox 7 he played well

reach 4 if he doesn’t score what does he do 

bannan 4 above but substitute score for assist 

joey 6.5 decent 

Penney 4 was he on ? 

Fletcher 5  not his fault he got nothing but he isn’t exactly what you’d expect for 35 k a week 

better result than expected due to pigs stupidity and not wednesdays endeavours . Dire performance 

oh thorniley he was alright too 

Edited by james o connor
Dunno

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dawson, Hector , Pelupessy down the spine. 

Held it together for us.

First clean sheet of the season....at the Stain. 

Considering how much we were "going to get hammered"... how much they were going to "avenge boxing day once and for all"...

This. We've obviously got a lot of work to do, and desperaely need the creativity of FF and MM back, but there were positives to take from tonight. And it chagrins me to say it, but in full flow the blunts look pretty great.