Hector - 7

Thorniley - 6

Fox - 6

Penney - 5

Bannan - 6

Pelupessey - 6

Reach - 5

Fletcher - 5

Hector most consistent, but Dawson’s penalty save clearly influenced the result most directly so MOM just goes to Dawson.

2 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

You'll get blacklisted for putting comments like that on here. 

:Pelupessy:

It's not the first time I've voted for him

I can understand anyone voting for Dawson, Lees, Hector, Thorniley, and even Fletcher, all of them worked their socks off and any of them could have been MOM

Dawson is a great young keeper who needs games, I fully support the decision to go with him instead of Westwood, and while I don't get on his back when he makes a mistake (he's a young kid and will make a fair few mistakes) I don't go overboard when he has a good game, a lot of his saves last night, I would expect any keeper worth his salt to make them. Of course the penalty save was exceptional, and he came for a cross or two which shows he's improving.

Lees has been a bit hit and miss of late, but I thought he was a colossus last night

Hector was immense too, and he has that added ability of being comfortable on the ball, I would love to see him sign full time here but I don't think we will be able to afford him

Thorniley, this kid is just 21, he's the natural successor to Pudil, if he was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd be an international

I'm not Fletcher's biggest fan, I see his qualities, his first touch is very good, his movement can be very good, he can sometimes (not always) hold the ball up well, but for someone with his experience of playing many games in the premier, I expect a lot more. He worked tirelessly for the team last night and I couldn't fault him

I went with Pelupessy because sometimes I feel some supporters don't appreciate what a player like Pelupessy gives to the team, but I could quite easily have gone with Hector

I'd just like to add a few words about Wilder's assessment of coming up against a 'powerful' club, with players on 40k per week, while his own club can't afford the spending power of teams like Wednesday

Dawson - Academy product

Baker - Academy product

Lees - Free transfer

Hector - Loan

Thorniley - Free transfer

Fox - 900K

Pelupessy - 500K

Bannan - Free transfer

Reach - 5 Million (allegedly)

Penny - Academy product

Fletcher - Free transfer

Maybe if we had brought our first team, Wilder might have had a point

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Here's my view on the game. 

I will say, that I only watched the game this morning, already knowing the result (I was working last night), and I'm sure the emotion of the game will influence people's thoughts immediately after the game. 

I have to say...I thought it was a very impressive performance given the current situation. Penalty aside, United didn't have a shot on target from inside the box the whole game. Aside from the penalty, Dawson made two very routine saves from long range efforts. All this jizz fest about United, I don't get. Yeah they dominated the ball, but not once did they break down a side, who previously had failed to keep a clean sheet. I didn't think Wednesday got their defensive, and tactical display deserved last night, and the superlatives for United were way OTT. They're a decent side...but nothing more than that.

Anyway, players ratings:

Dawson - 8 - Solid performance throughout, and a superb save for the penalty. Didn't put a foot wrong. Ballsy performance given the unwarranted criticism he's received lately. 

Baker - 7 - Very confident and assured display from the young lad. 

Lees - 8 - Much better performance from the skipper. Defended positively. 

Hector - 9 - Man of the Match - Man mountain. Bossed it. Won everything, organised the shape superbly. 

Thorniley - 7 - Another very accomplished defensive display from one of the young lads. In the toughest of occasions, credit to them. 

Fox - 8 - Defended superbly (and I thought he was harshly penalised for the penalty). His aerial ability and defensive outlook makes us far more solid. No surprise he was part of the backline for our 1st clean sheet. He was a regular in the run of clean sheets last season when Luhukay arrived. Has to keep his shirt. 

Pelupessy - 7 - Much better protection job in front of the defence. Put in several strong challenges, made good fouls when needed. 

Bannan - 7 - Wasn't his kind of game yesterday, but worked ridiculously hard. Pressing high at times, closing down their centre halves and then getting back and breaking up play. 

Penney - 6 - Defended well (there's a theme developing here), but struggled on the ball. Tried to do too much at times, and I'm not convinced he's ever going to be a central midfielder. 

Reach - 5 - Our weak line yesterday in my opinion. The way played, relied on Reach turning those transitions into attacking opportunities and far too often he lost the ball, delayed the pass or shot unwisely. I keep saying it...he's not a No. 10...never will be. No surprise we looked far more effective when Reach dropped back into midfield and Matias played alongside Fletcher

Fletcher - 6 - Chased lost causes and work hard from the front, but feeding off scraps would be an understatement to make. 

On the whole...we have to be pleased. Before the game, we were lambs led to slaughter. And, for the 2nd consecutive year, we've rained on their parade. Yes, as Wednesdayite's we want more. We want more attacking impetus. We want a bit more quality on the ball. But lets put things into perspective. We were a side in disarray, with a continued injury crisis, on a run of four defeats on the bounce conceding 12 goals in the process...and without a clean sheet all season. Going away from home against a side in form sitting at the summit of the table...forget the fact it's United...had that been Derby, or Leeds or WBA, we'd be very happy with the result and performance. 

It needs to be a spring board for better results, like it was last season. But, thank God its out of the way! 

Dawson for obvious reasons, Hector had an excellent game too but special mention for Lees who showed us what he can do again, all the young uns who really stood up out there and Fletcher who grafted his nuts of all night too.

Haven't got a negative word for any of 'em.  They showed their boss, the fans, the other lot and themselves that they have the tenacity and determination to dig in for everyone under pressure.  Let's build on that after the break.

Well played Wednesday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1