The Derby Is Nine Days Away.....

Guest The Horse

Said it before - Wilder's arrogance and the baying of their fans to metaphorically torpedo a ship that's dead in the water will mean they'll fly at us and press us hard.

However, IF we match their work rate and keep our cool, our quality players Bannan, Joao, Forestieri (if playing), Fletcher should be able to pick them off and calmly slot away our chances like we did at Bristol.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we scored three and got the first clean sheet.

Football's weird like that.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"We haven't got any fit players "

"We're doomed"

"This could be the day they avenge the BDM"

"Gonna be a cricket score"

"Biggest derby loss ever on cards"

"I'm gonna have to pack in work after this game. Can't face them"

"Gonna get absolutely mullered by em."

"We should write to league and get it called off"

Were just a few comments on here before we went to the lane last season during the worst injury crisis in living memory and took a great point and nearly got all 3.

But Jos' tactics invite the opposition to score goals against us now, Milud.

On average, we're conceding almost 3 a game.

And Tufty played it cautiously last season because it was Jos' first game in charge, so he didn't know what to expect.

And there was no Coutts, nor was Norwood involved.

We're bob, Sire.

Bob as bob can be.

And twice as smelly.

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

.....what are your thoughts?

First off I know these games can be the ones to upset the form book but I can see this one being embarrassing for us Owls, united play a high tempo pressing game while we slowly pass across the back four (badly) constantly give the ball away, can’t defend and offer little up front.

Personally I’m dreading it and seeing Wilders smug chops at the end.

Yes, each of the four they score will be like a dagger to the heart.

Especially as the majority of them will doubtless be handed to them on a plate. :CEO:

I would be more than happy if we went hoofball for this game.  There is no way we will dominate midfield with the team that we normally play they will just pick us off. We need to stop there central defenders and wingbacks flooding forward. United are quite a small team so we may be able to physically worry them like they used to do with us.

Team

Dawson

Pudil

Thornley

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Pelupessy

Reach

Joao ( FF if fit )

Fletcher

Nuhiu

yep no Bannan for this one off game.

We've not been hammered by anyone and we've played all the top teams - Leeds should have beaten us but didn't.

United are one dimensional - we stopped them playing last season, and should have won the game with 10 men.

No idea what will happen as no one has - it's odds on we'll lose but it's a derby so I reckon 1-1.

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But Jos' tactics invite the opposition to score goals against us now, Milud.

On average, we're conceding almost 3 a game.

And Tufty played it cautiously last season because it was Jos' first game in charge, so he didn't know what to expect.

And there was no Coutts, nor was Norwood involved.

We're bob, Sire.

Bob as bob can be.

And twice as smelly.

Don't worry. Well finish the game with 10 men like we did last year. That always catches them off guard.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, NYowl said:

I would be more than happy if we went hoofball for this game.  There is no way we will dominate midfield with the team that we normally play they will just pick us off. We need to stop there central defenders and wingbacks flooding forward. United are quite a small team so we may be able to physically worry them like they used to do with us.

Team

Dawson

Pudil

Thornley

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Pelupessy

Reach

Joao ( FF if fit )

Fletcher

Nuhiu

yep no Bannan for this one off game.

Nuhui tho come on ffs

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"We haven't got any fit players "

"We're doomed"

"This could be the day they avenge the BDM"

"Gonna be a cricket score"

"Biggest derby loss ever on cards"

"I'm gonna have to pack in work after this game. Can't face them"

"Gonna get absolutely mullered by em."

"We should write to league and get it called off"

Were just a few comments on here before we went to the lane last season during the worst injury crisis in living memory and took a great point and nearly got all 3.

Yes but that was before Jos worked his magic.

Dawson to Lees to..........paaaanic .......hooooof , back to Dawson to flap. Rinse and repeat.

Hand on heart. Westwood/Hutch.

Dawson/Pellupessy? 

11 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Dawson to Lees to..........paaaanic .......hooooof , back to Dawson to flap. Rinse and repeat.

Dawson/Pellupessy? 

He'll have to work it again! 

It's all up for grabs!  11v11

7 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Dawson/Pellupessy? 

Yes, exactly.

The sad thing is that with different tactics and selection, we could have gleaned points from the last three games.

And before anyone retorts, from a very reliable source Westwood isn't playing because he's fallen out with Jos.

It has nothing to do with Chansiri whatsoever, nor is it to do with money and contracts etc.

Jos thought Westy was going - promised shirts to kids - Westie didn't go, and so expected to play - Jos wouldn't go back on his promise to kids - argument - here we are.

27 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

It’s a game that we collect either 3,1 or no points just like any other.

Yes, but the consequences of a heavy defeat in the derby akin to what we've witnessed lately are grave.

A gaping chasm in the fan base, and loss of faith in the dressing room, especially considering how Jos is trying to get them to play.

Doubtless a stubborn chairman who won't sack Jos to relieve the situation to boot.

Then we've got months of discord until Chansiri finally wields the axe around March.

56 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Said it before - Wilder's arrogance and the baying of their fans to metaphorically torpedo a ship that's dead in the water will mean they'll fly at us and press us hard.

However, IF we match their work rate and keep our cool, our quality players Bannan, Joao, Forestieri (if playing), Fletcher should be able to pick them off and calmly slot away our chances like we did at Bristol.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we scored three and got the first clean sheet.

Football's weird like that.

Work rate n Joao in one sentence. You did well there mate.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can we please refer to Wilder by his name or Megabus man - not *Tufty*.

Likewise, can we please stop calling Westwood *Westy*.

He's a goalkeeper, not a small dog. 

:CEO:

I'm just sick of writing Westwood, SiJ.

If I've gone through that story once, I must have done it a dozen times.

I'm just going to copy and paste it in future.

As for Wilder, what about Pep?

Only problem is that we used that name ironically, and now it's turning out to be true. Aaaaarrrrrgh.

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

.....what are your thoughts?

First off I know these games can be the ones to upset the form book but I can see this one being embarrassing for us Owls, united play a high tempo pressing game while we slowly pass across the back four (badly) constantly give the ball away, can’t defend and offer little up front.

Personally I’m dreading it and seeing Wilders smug chops at the end.

Your avatar looks similar to our lass!

Just now, Athelwulf said:

As for Wilder, what about Pep?

Only problem is that we used that name ironically, and now it's turning out to be true. Aaaaarrrrrgh.

By we do we mean his official fan club, to which you appear to be President.

PS. He's a good manager.