The Derby Is Nine Days Away.....

Forestieri hasn’t played in a derby yet. I’m desperate for him to score against them.

Nonetheless, I didn’t think it could get much worse than last year. I thought we’d both be upper mid table fighting for 6th at best. A lot of the ill feeling about our treading water is due to the blades being joint top

But the way Jos has us defending (or not) and their attacking style, I just can’t see how we will grind anything out. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Am I the only one that thinks that a good result on Derby day might be the kickstart to the season?

If we get one, I am sure it will, maybe.

Anyroad, I don't see this match as any harder than Villa, Leeds or West Brom.

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"We haven't got any fit players "

"We're doomed"

"This could be the day they avenge the BDM"

"Gonna be a cricket score"

"Biggest derby loss ever on cards"

"I'm gonna have to pack in work after this game. Can't face them"

"Gonna get absolutely mullered by em."

"We should write to league and get it called off"

Were just a few comments on here before we went to the lane last season during the worst injury crisis in living memory and took a great point and nearly got all 3.

New manager syndrome I think last season, this season we're suffering from 'same manager syndrome' :carlosswfc:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

BTW I absolutely love Dingle.

Been twice to swim with Funghi, is he still about ?

Aye, Fungi's still going strong. 35 years now since he showed up and that's about unheard of for dolphins. I reckon they took the model shark from Jaws and put a feckin dolphin's head on it lol . When was the last time you were over ?

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

If we get one, I am sure it will, maybe.

Anyroad, I don't see this match as any harder than Villa, Leeds or West Brom.

But they have a manager and a couple of key players who absolutely do see it as a bigger game than against Villa, Leeds or West Brom..

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Blimey. Have a horlicks and a snooze I'll wake you up in a month.

Crikey, just saying i'd rather see everybody play about 30 to 40 yards further up the pitch and have a go at teams/get in their faces abit.

We are too nice, nice teams don't win derby games.We don't press teams until they are in shooting distance of our goal, it's suicidal football.

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Crikey, just saying i'd rather see everybody play about 30 to 40 yards further up the pitch and have a go at teams/get in their faces abit.

We are too nice, nice teams don't win derby games.We don't press teams until they are in shooting distance of our goal, it's suicidal football.

I agree. I'd like to see us higher up it must be said.

One has to wonder if the gaffer is concerned about us getting done with the boot over the top while we're higher up?

Mind; with the way we're conceding goals at the moment would we concede that many more? throw of a coin I suspect.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I agree. I'd like to see us higher up it must be said.

One has to wonder if the gaffer is concerned about us getting done with the boot over the top while we're higher up?

Mind; with the way we're conceding goals at the moment would we concede that many more? throw of a coin I suspect.

It's got to be worth a try cos we aren't looking like keeping a clean sheet and thus not looking like winning the way Jos has us playing at the moment.

They will come at us like a pork blitzkrieg, to counter it we need men further up the pitch to stop the supply lines, we also need an outlet up front to get the ball to in their area, of the current forward choices only Fletcher really does that to a degree, their fans actually fear Joao but his perfromance will have to improve greatly on his recent showings.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Aye, Fungi's still going strong. 35 years now since he showed up and that's about unheard of for dolphins. I reckon they took the model shark from Jaws and put a feckin dolphin's head on it lol . When was the last time you were over ?

2008 but bet nothing has altered much, that's what I loved.

Deja Vu though, only talking in the pub last week and saying we must return.

BTW I do live in Barnsley :tango:

Edited by ElsecarOwl