The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

19 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Don't get the myth that there's no room to build at Hillsborough.....when the world cup bidding was done we got marked the highest for redevelopment possibilities etc

The South still has loads of room internally for improvement....there's loads of room to knock down and rebuild the west....behind the north there's a the old sports hall and shop and car park....and the kop has loads of space at the back

Nowt to do with that it's about being in a prime location to enable the club to make a good income which we aint doing where we are at the moment, the Meadowhall area would open up the potential for 7 days a week income from non footballing interests with the masses in the area and fantastic transport links, no one is interested in going out to Hillsborough apart from some of the clubs loyal football supporters, this is modern football and we have to modernise and evolve to be able to compete and possibly even survive long term...

What's the point of rebuilding or upgrading the stadium where it is ?.... no point.... same prombles would exist with people not being bothered about going out to the area for non football activities, even Rotherham and Doncaster have got this bit right and have bigger non match day incomes than us...

I love Hillsborough for the history the tradition and the old schoolness, a proper football ground some say, but that doesn't make the club extra income, but to be fair only the south stand could be called modern and even that is a bit tight regarding concourses etc, but we need to look at this sensibly and in the interests of the future of the club as the past is worthless financially.

It's probably not worth the passion and discussion at the moment as it wont happen until we go up, if we ever do due to the massive costs but the owner will have already thought about this whole thing, believe you me as the clown on the radio says....:laugh:

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

Dont think Dore is, know a lot a Wednesday there. Fulwood and Lodge Moor certainly aren’t but concede there are trufflers interspersed in pockets.

Not sure about Totley, Eccy Road South.

Crookes traditionally has been 50:50 but whenever I go up there for a drink it feels more Wednesday. In saying that, the lads I’m meeting are mainly Wednesday so could sway my feeling.

As others have said, I think with the movement of people these day the traditional areas have become more diluted.  

I had the misfortune to semi-live in Totley a few years back.  The Unitedites up there thought they were the majority.  However when we did  a count of regulars in the pub (not scientific, I know), it was easily 50/50.  

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

So things are that advanced Hallam uni have got busses booked?

I've read some things on here but this really is up there !!!

Read it again. If you’re still struggling to understand I can look at getting some pictures drawn up. 

54 minutes ago, steveger said:

Nowt to do with that it's about being in a prime location to enable the club to make a good income which we aint doing where we are at the moment, the Meadowhall area would open up the potential for 7 days a week income from non footballing interests with the masses in the area and fantastic transport links, no one is interested in going out to Hillsborough apart from some of the clubs loyal football supporters, this is modern football and we have to modernise and evolve to be able to compete and possibly even survive long term...

What's the point of rebuilding or upgrading the stadium where it is ?.... no point.... same prombles would exist with people not being bothered about going out to the area for non football activities, even Rotherham and Doncaster have got this bit right and have bigger non match day incomes than us...

I love Hillsborough for the history the tradition and the old schoolness, a proper football ground some say, but that doesn't make the club extra income, but to be fair only the south stand could be called modern and even that is a bit tight regarding concourses etc, but we need to look at this sensibly and in the interests of the future of the club as the past is worthless financially.

It's probably not worth the passion and discussion at the moment as it wont happen until we go up, if we ever do due to the massive costs but the owner will have already thought about this whole thing, believe you me as the clown on the radio says....:laugh:

Worked wonders for Coventry and Reading!

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

Don't get the myth that there's no room to build at Hillsborough.....when the world cup bidding was done we got marked the highest for redevelopment possibilities etc

The South still has loads of room internally for improvement....there's loads of room to knock down and rebuild the west....behind the north there's a the old sports hall and shop and car park....and the kop has loads of space at the back

Agree. Think if the club did have any aspirations of regeneration of the ground then they need to do a full assessment study of options. Sure with a scheme of remoddling and refurbishment, the stadium could be good for many a year. As it stands we are currently broke so probably this is one for 5-10 years down the line at least.

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Sod the East end anyway, it’s a dump and for most Sheffielders, the middle of nowhere. It gets all the polluted air from the city because in Sheffield the wind prevails from the Westa. That’s why most of the heavy industry is down there

What, ikea and meadowhell are rolling mills now? lol

17 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Agree. Think if the club did have any aspirations of regeneration of the ground then they need to do a full assessment study of options. Sure with a scheme of remoddling and refurbishment, the stadium could be good for many a year. As it stands we are currently broke so probably this is one for 5-10 years down the line at least.

We are at capacity right now with SYP and co. We are also in a flood risk area with no rail links and no M road close by. 

If we do want to be in the PL we will need a PL stadium when we stay there...

Right now we have an old division 1 stadium as much as I love her. 

Edited by CF83OWL
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

We are at capacity right now with SYP and co. We are also in a flood risk area with no rail links and no M road close by. 

If we do want to be in the PL we will need a PL stadium when we stay there...

Right now we have an old division 1 stadium as much as I love her. 

Please feel free to name the stadia that meet your criteria.

Guest Manwithastick
2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

So things are that advanced Hallam uni have got busses booked?

I've read some things on here but this really is up there !!!

So quick to slag folk off that you completely fail to comprehend what the poster is saying. Pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Please feel free to name the stadia that meet your criteria.

It is not what I think....

But our concourses are too small and stairwells are not wide enough for modern society standards. 

SYP wont let us sell out, we are at risk of flooding, cars are being broken into most games outside the ground, we have a sour reputation with the name Hillsborough.

Looking ahead we need to think 90 years ahead....

Something like this but maybe with a capacity of 45k with the allowable development to increase it to 60 plus in years to come (but obviously not within this price range). But you get the idea of the space around the stadium. 

Perhaps if the FA get a World Cup big accepted in the next 10 years we should start planning then. 

A big dream but 20 years ago people would have thought you were barmy if you said you could do your banking on your phone. 

Allianza-arena-1-1024x631.jpg

Edited by CF83OWL