The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

15 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Has the chairman actually stated a preference on his long term stadium plans? 

No, he's said he'll make his decision if/when we're established in the Premier, although you'd like to think the homework had been done & provisional decisions made.

Unfortunately while we're waiting for the dream to become a reality Hillsborough will deteriorate further, already high annual maintenance costs will increase & the non match day revenue gap between ourselves & other clubs will increase.

I personally don't quite get the logic of waiting for the Premier if redevelopment of Hillsborough is the choice. It could take 3 years to redevelop resulting in reduced capacity & revenue at a time when revenue opportunities are at a premium. If he really is here for the long haul I would have thought redeveloping now would be preferable although granted reduced income now will further impact our FFP/P&S issues.

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

No, he's said he'll make his decision if/when we're established in the Premier, although you'd like to think the homework had been done & provisional decisions made.

Unfortunately while we're waiting for the dream to become a reality Hillsborough will deteriorate further, already high annual maintenance costs will increase & the non match day revenue gap between ourselves & other clubs will increase.

I personally don't quite get the logic of waiting for the Premier if redevelopment of Hillsborough is the choice. It could take 3 years to redevelop resulting in reduced capacity & revenue at a time when revenue opportunities are at a premium. If he really is here for the long haul I would have thought redeveloping now would be preferable although granted reduced income now will further impact our FFP/P&S issues.

I don't think there'll be much 'deterioration' in the next 18 to 24 months.

10 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

The long term plans would be a move away from Hillsborough sadly.  

It would be cheaper to build a new stadium than update the current one to modern standards. It also wouldnt conflict with season fixtures. 

A new stadium by the M1 with rail link would be superb. 

As long as the new stadium is blue and it isnt some bog average Swansea stadium then the fans would eventually accept it. 

So many modern stadiums have no atmosphere. Bristol away for example. Hopefully by the time we get a new stadium safe standing will be allowed. 

i'd still rather stay at Hillsborough, I don't know if it would be more expensive to update it, but if it is then it is worth the extra money

53 minutes ago, brixowl said:

Hillsborough is forever tainted.

But wherever the stadium is situated within the city, it will be policed by the most controversial police authority in the land. The ghost of the Hillsborough Disaster is with us to stay, it happened on SWFC turf, hopefully all seater stadia with no cages has saved more than than the 96 sadly lost.

1 hour ago, brixowl said:

"You're Justified" with your comments Brix

"It is Ancient"

"There is no masterplan" 

For relocating .

The Fans are "all aboard" with it 

And tell everyone "as they roam the  land"...

Who knows where we are bound for? 

I hear the  ice cream van  ?

"99 anyone"? 

lol

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, theoldtimer said:

Ibrox is a nice stadium, but I find the stadium a little bit boring, with 3 sides looking the same, I prefer Anfield and Villa Park.

Stand design has come on quite abit. I like this steep stand design for Dynamo Dresden. It would be perfect for the kop and west stand where space is at a premium.

05dyna3.jpg

Looks like a racecourse 

5 hours ago, brixowl said:

Then so is Sheffield Wednesday or do you expect to leave history behind when we up sticks?

It happened, it was tragic, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't mine.

What happened at hillsborough was waiting to happen, that it happened at our home will always sadden Wednesday fans.

Fences made a lot of grounds unsafe, especially for large crowds of football fans almost anywhere in the country...It was madness.

I would hate to move away from Hillsborough, Ive been to most of the bloody sanitised toilet lookalike grounds all over....no character, no history, no ambience, they all seem somehow "Hollow".

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but thats simply how I feel, maybe its because ive trotted down there for over 50 years, so me view is skewed, but its simply how I see it, some younger fans might feel differently.

I look at some of dunsby owls pics...and honestly..i would sooner go back to something like that, character, 

The history of hillsborough is in the bricks, the odd little quirks, the bloody ridiculous odd turnstile that you can hardly fit through, summatt different around every corner...by all means build on that, keep the intrinsic nature of a wonderful historical football stadium, they are disappearing up and down the country for what?..The sake of finding somewhere to park for 10 minutes ?

Being in traffic for 10 minutes?

Nah...Not for me...I love the place

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3