The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

42 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

It is not what I think....

But our concourses are too small and stairwells are not wide enough for modern society standards. 

SYP wont let us sell out, we are at risk of flooding, cars are being broken into most games outside the ground, we have a sour reputation with the name Hillsborough.

Looking ahead we need to think 90 years ahead....

Something like this but maybe with a capacity of 45k with the allowable development to increase it to 60 plus in years to come (but obviously not within this price range). But you get the idea of the space around the stadium. 

Perhaps if the FA get a World Cup big accepted in the next 10 years we should start planning then. 

A big dream but 20 years ago people would have thought you were barmy if you said you could do your banking on your phone. 

Allianza-arena-1-1024x631.jpg

does that belong to nasa?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

If we to do anything we should knock Hillsboro down and build a 30k all seater. Don't bother with hospitality because we've killed all that off anyway.

And for the amount of times we sell more than 30k it's hardly worth building anything bigger

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'm not sure if you've read my original reply correctly.  I highlighted the rail and motorway links and asked you to name the stadia that meet that criteria.

I posted two pictures with a dual carriageway by each stadium....I am sure if you looked hard enough you would find many stadium with these facilities. 

10 minutes ago, steveger said:

All rich important clubs recognised and followed worldwide, the backbone of English football some may say....

We can only dream as we are just a biggish regional football club nowadays.... 

The debate is about transport infrastructure and how the supposed relative lack of it impacts on Hillsborough as a location.

2 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

I posted two pictures with a dual carriageway by each stadium....I am sure if you looked hard enough you would find many stadium with these facilities. 

There is a dual carriageway adjacent to Hillsborough.

hillsborough will still be there in 25 years time, and likely 50 or more.

it will easily survive these 'i want an ikea ground' mkd wannabees, and the 'can we relocate to the end of our road to suit me' brigade.

far bigger fish to be fried that monkeying around with the ground location because some want dyson air blades in the pissholes.

if you really want to relocate that badly, then ask dc to start a 'ground relocation fund', and send in £100+ a month till the monies are found, i'm sure dc will find this acceptable, if you don't want the publicity send it to me, and i'll forward it for you.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If we to do anything we should knock Hillsboro down and build a 30k all seater. Don't bother with hospitality because we've killed all that off anyway.

And for the amount of times we sell more than 30k it's hardly worth building anything bigger

Small time thinking get in the Premier and both Sheffield clubs could attract 30000 plus crowds on a regular basis.  Massive potential for football in Sheffield just need long term stay in the Premier.

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

can't beat limiting ground capacity, how to make sheffield wednesday a 'sheffield' football club, not a regional one.

14 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

Small time thinking get in the Premier and both Sheffield clubs could attract 30000 plus crowds on a regular basis.  Massive potential for football in Sheffield just need long term stay in the Premier.

5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

can't beat limiting ground capacity, how to make sheffield wednesday a 'sheffield' football club, not a regional one.

2 and counting.  You'll have a net full by the end of the day.

lol

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

It is not what I think....

But our concourses are too small and stairwells are not wide enough for modern society standards. 

SYP wont let us sell out, we are at risk of flooding, cars are being broken into most games outside the ground, we have a sour reputation with the name Hillsborough.

Looking ahead we need to think 90 years ahead....

Something like this but maybe with a capacity of 45k with the allowable development to increase it to 60 plus in years to come (but obviously not within this price range). But you get the idea of the space around the stadium. 

Perhaps if the FA get a World Cup big accepted in the next 10 years we should start planning then. 

A big dream but 20 years ago people would have thought you were barmy if you said you could do your banking on your phone. 

Allianza-arena-1-1024x631.jpg

looks like a 'futuristic' bellend ruwad.

18 hours ago, sage owl said:

I assume you have or have seen some kind of costing to arrive at the conclusion that it's cheaper to rebuild than renovate , I only say this because in the real world the opposite is almost always true, especially with individual designs.

It is not with regard football stadiums.

Mandaric had some work done and it was costly for us either way but worked out cheaper to move. He was hoping to make money from a move but would not have done.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

It is not with regard football stadiums.

Mandaric had some work done and it was costly for us either way but worked out cheaper to move. He was hoping to make money from a move but would not have done.

First I've heard of it.  You've not made it up, have you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

First I've heard of it.  You've not made it up, have you?

No he looked at it when took over the club. Apparently it was just too expensive so did not get very far. It came from right source so know it was true.

• Thanks 1

Well Old Trafford has been redeveloped more times than Elvis made comebacks, we couldn’t fill our ground when we were doing well in the Premier League, so that’s not an issue, as it was with Man Utd. However I’m all in favour of tearing down the Leppings Lane stand and building something that incorporated the two corner areas. Also could they please cease using the ‘deep vein thrombosis’ seating in the South Stand, that takes a six footer like me a good hour to regain the feeling in my legs.

We will have been at Hillsborough for 120 years next year, I can’t imagine playing anywhere else, let alone at Weedon Street.