The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

8 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if a spaceship could come which just hovers over Hillsborough stadium, lifts the current stadium up into its underbelly, gets rid of all the old crumbling fack bits and drops a spankers 40k seater in its place complete with current character, iconic stuff like the clock but then updated with all the latest mod cons like Dyson hand dryers etc.

Would be mint.

Dustin hand dryers are the most overhyped over rated recent invention....ever

Although my new see through toaster runs it a close 2nd

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

Dustin hand dryers are the most overhyped over rated recent invention....ever

Although my new see through toaster runs it a close 2nd

Is that the Hoffman one?

• Haha 1

There are pro's & cons to both staying at Hillsborough and leaving. If we were to stay I would like us to redevelop both west stand and kop similar to Ibrox (as images) where the lower part of the stand meets around the corners but not completely filled in with seats. This retains the traditional separate stands with a modern element. The corners could be as screens or hospitality boxes along with permenant TV studios. Both stands could either be single tier or 2 tier with boxes between upper and lower and both could satisfy segregation of fans. Ultimately further down the line, this design could connect the south stand with west stand and Kop with stadium control and screens in the corners. IMG_2126.JPG.1f1e56dcfb30fb5c2913f254a633caff.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG.862890ff46ea17b51a01abb248ad3b9d.JPG

The issue's with staying have been well documented and the club would have to seriously think how to increase non-matchday revenue streams. 

What is is clear is that our home needs serious investment to meet the demands of modern day football business and generate more income both on matchday and non-matchday. 

I used to be in favour of a new ground if we reach the prem but theres no point any more.

Match day income in the Premier league is almost irrelevant these days. It's TV money that generates the revenue which is why although we have top 15 match day revenue we are way down overall behind everyonev thats been in the top league in the past 4 years regardless of crowds. See QPR.

20 30 40 thousand. It matters less and less.

We might as well use Hillsborough and keep the atmosphere.

It was interesting reading the thoughts of West Brom supporters after the game on Wednesday. Words like 'proper' and 'iconic' were used. Sometimes I think people think too much about the negatives and not enough about the real stand out positives of the place. It's a fantastic place to watch football, moving for me would be a massive mistake.

The long term plans would be a move away from Hillsborough sadly.  

It would be cheaper to build a new stadium than update the current one to modern standards. It also wouldnt conflict with season fixtures. 

A new stadium by the M1 with rail link would be superb. 

As long as the new stadium is blue and it isnt some bog average Swansea stadium then the fans would eventually accept it. 

So many modern stadiums have no atmosphere. Bristol away for example. Hopefully by the time we get a new stadium safe standing will be allowed. 

Said it before but we should only consider a new stadium if we could build it with good transport access and crucially with a roof. A state of the art 40000 stadium with a roof would absolutely clean up when it comes to being picked as a venue for boxing, MMA, concerts etc

There isn't a stadium  in England that could host and Anthony Joshua fight in the winter as an example, and the highest capacity venue currently with a roof for any event is under 25000.

Ibrox is a nice stadium, but I find the stadium a little bit boring, with 3 sides looking the same, I prefer Anfield and Villa Park.

Stand design has come on quite abit. I like this steep stand design for Dynamo Dresden. It would be perfect for the kop and west stand where space is at a premium.

05dyna3.jpg

Guest addedtime
20 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if a spaceship could come which just hovers over Hillsborough stadium, lifts the current stadium up into its underbelly, gets rid of all the old crumbling fack bits and drops a spankers 40k seater in its place complete with current character, iconic stuff like the clock but then updated with all the latest mod cons like Dyson hand dryers etc.

Would be mint.

And still have 15k empty seats most weeks.

8 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

The long term plans would be a move away from Hillsborough sadly.  

It would be cheaper to build a new stadium than update the current one to modern standards. It also wouldnt conflict with season fixtures. 

A new stadium by the M1 with rail link would be superb. 

As long as the new stadium is blue and it isnt some bog average Swansea stadium then the fans would eventually accept it. 

So many modern stadiums have no atmosphere. Bristol away for example. Hopefully by the time we get a new stadium safe standing will be allowed. 

I am 99.9% certain if Wednesday moved to a new stadium it would be a soulless place.

Even more so if an out of town location.

Best new ground I have been to was Rotherham where it actually feels like you are in Rotherham. (Not always a good thing I admit!)