Gary Hooper

Aye great idea, playing such a hip dominant sport when he's been unable to kick a ball in nearly a year. 

Anyone who has a clue about how the body works, will know this would not be a good idea, unless he was fully fit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Aye great idea, playing such a hip dominant sport when he's been unable to kick a ball in nearly a year. 

Anyone who has a clue about how the body works, will know this would not be a good idea, unless he was fully fit. 

I assume the medical team at Hillsborough do.... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

As long as it can’t aggrivate his existing injury I don’t see any problem whatsoever with this.

Footballers do have to have a life too. Now if he was skipping training or rehab it’d be a huge problem. 

Maybe some players could have a less frivolous attitude to what they post on social media as it can have a negative effect. This situation however shouldn’t be the case.

im sure the players post this sort of thing just to wind up the bedwetters on social media WTF:

6 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I’ve no problem with injured players enjoying themselves but I do find it strange when there allowed to play golf etc.

Never played golf really but I imagine it can’t be good for your back, hips or knees? 

Maybe be I’m wrong though? 

Maybe he’s been advised to play golf for exercise and flexibility? 

I could run miles when I first got back from a broken ankle - literally miles. But the first time I shot a ball, it felt like I was going to faint with the shock of the pain shooting through my ankle and for the first couple of weeks, I felt like spewing when I twisted and turned in my first 5-a-side games back. 

My point here is that when injured, you can go for it with some things but absolutely can’t with other things. Apart from driving the ball, golf isn’t that physically taxing is it? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Maybe he’s been advised to play golf for exercise and flexibility? 

I could run miles when I first got back from a broken ankle - literally miles. But the first time I shot a ball, it felt like I was going to faint with the shock of the pain shooting through my ankle and for the first couple of weeks, I felt like spewing when I twisted and turned in my first 5-a-side games back. 

My point here is that when injured, you can go for it with some things but absolutely can’t with other things. Apart from driving the ball, golf isn’t that physically taxing is it? 

You were probably pulling a bit too hard S/P......

:stuwinky:

• Haha 8

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Think you’re missing the point, nothing to do with having a hobby, the blokes been out for a year with a hip injury yet he’s out playing golf, a sport where you use your hips more than anything! 

Don’t think it’s unfair for some to speculate tbh 

I might be wrong but Isn't he out with a groin injury though and nothing to do with his hip? The club doctors must have authorised the golf so don't see the problem. 

6 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Depends what kind of back injury you suffer from S72....

Hip injuries are very common in golf.........

As are shoulder and back issues too ..

Good warm up exercises are vital to playing golf ..

As are most sports ....

WTF:lol

3 hours ago, Quist said:

If he is actually playing golf it suggests to me he knows he is finished.

If he has pain in leg as was stated I can not see how golf is either therapy or part of process of recovery. 

In last few months of contract having not played for 10 months I would be doing my all to get fit unless you know it is futile. 

How the hell do you come to that conclusion?  He might have put up a garden shed up last week would that suggest to you he is finished or not?

What physical activities confirms a player has to end his career?  

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

How the hell do you come to that conclusion?  He might have put up a garden shed up last week would that suggest to you he is finished or not?

What physical activities confirms a player has to end his career?  

Whatever Paul Gascoigne got up to ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3