We Aren't Happy Bunnies

I was a defender of local media for a long time but the Star are now taking a slanted view on things to try and get reactions and debate on website to get numbers up to attract revenue. It is a pity but have now started to give their site a miss.

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

I was a defender of local media for a long time but the Star are now taking a slanted view on things to try and get reactions and debate on website to get numbers up to attract revenue. It is a pity but have now started to give their site a miss.

All "media" outlets are like it these days. The internet has turned journalists into lazy desk-jockeys whose extensive research includes trawling through twitter for reaction 'quotes'. I know it doesn't really matter for stories like this, but it's an attitude that proliferates throughout the entire newsroom. The death of print media means vying for the limited attention span of a viewer rather than a customer and so has encouraged clickbait style headlines and articles in an effort to keep people on long enough to generate ad revenue. I know you know that's how it is, I know nothing will change the way it all works... but it's absolutely dire how to standard of 'journalism' has plummeted with the popularity of the internet.

This article has been published for two hours and no-one has even managed to stick a list of 24 clubs on the end... it's f*cking laughable. Do the editors do anything? lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

All "media" outlets are like it these days. The internet has turned journalists into lazy desk-jockeys whose extensive research includes trawling through twitter for reaction 'quotes'. I know it doesn't really matter for stories like this, but it's an attitude that proliferates throughout the entire newsroom. The death of print media means vying for the limited attention span of a viewer rather than a customer and so has encouraged clickbait style headlines and articles in an effort to keep people on long enough to generate ad revenue. I know you know that's how it is, I know nothing will change the way it all works... but it's absolutely dire how to standard of 'journalism' has plummeted with the popularity of the internet.

This article has been published for two hours and no-one has even managed to stick a list of 24 clubs on the end... it's f*cking laughable. Do the editors do anything? lol 

They released a new album earlier this year. 

• Haha 2