OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Im thinking the same in regards to Bruce having some good contacts in the game. I think he is a manager that players will want to sign and play for with his very impressive career as a player and some good achievements as a manger. I just wish we could get him in sooner than February 1st to give him chance to start the rebuild ASAP. 

I think that we have identified our players who we are willing to let go, and priced accordingly, also believe that it has been a good

move in regards to Bruce not joining till Feb, gives him plenty of time to work away in the background, making calls and getting the

right players into the squad, ones that we need to give us pace and power, I am confident that Bruce is the right man for the job.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by daleblue

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby set to sign Ashley Cole. I absolutely hate that little tw@t. 

We can take Malone off their hands if they want to sign a new left back 

:stuwinky:

Disclaimer: I’m aware we don’t have a  pot to p*** in

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

We can take Malone off their hands if they want to sign a new left back 

:stuwinky:

Disclaimer: I’m aware we don’t have a  pot to p*** in

Would love Malone on a season long Loan next season, but I reckon he’ll be Huddersfield’s first choice left back next season.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Would love Malone on a season long Loan next season, but I reckon he’ll be Huddersfield’s first choice left back next season.

He's not on loan there. Derby paid about £4m to buy him. 

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Would you say Bruce was the best choice of coach to see us through this period of austerity? I’m not sure he would have been my choice, all things considered. Mainly the cost, but also the fact that he has always had a decent budget, even though he often manages to balance the books further down the line. With the right tools, he’s proven he can get the job done, but this will test his coaching skills.

We are where we are of course, and as painful as it will be, having to sell our better players, it needs to be done. I do think, if we can use the loan market wisely, we can put a decent squad together That’s where Bruce can come to the fore, if nothing else, he has many good contacts

Bruce also has an eye for lower league players. Something we have not tapped into for the last 4 seasons. There are diamonds out there look at Vardy even though it is embarrassing for us.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

As always with us, if anything is going to happen, it will be at the last minute again.

That’s probably OK if we’re talking loans, and we’ve planned for it A bigger concern, is if we lost a couple of our major players out of the blue on deadline day

57 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I quite like Alan Hutton

I know he's getting on a bit but he's a million miles better than what we've currently got

Me too big upgrade .

34 though , didn't realise that  

Edited by hugeowl

27 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Me too big upgrade .

34 though , didn't realise that  

I’d think the only area where we might consider someone of that age, is at centre back, and then, for me at least, they’d need to bring leadership qualities