OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Get him.

Wrong side of 30 yes, but still class at this level. 

These things aren’t set in stone of course, but I don’t think we’ll stray too far from the positions we are rumoured to be targeting

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Think we tried for McDonald before but ended up with Jones. 

Says it all really, doesn’t it!!

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love us to sign someone similar to Harry Wilson that Derby have got on loan from Liverpool. Really does seem an exciting youngster, quality winger. 

Derby have signed a lot of good players, let’s hope Bruce will be able to do the same when given the opportunity 

12 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Don't want to be too disappointed this window as i don't believe we'll sign anyone. Maybe a free transfer or 1 loan deal but no major restructuring

That will come in the summer I reckon when we see some wholesale changes with players released and many transfer listed.

Tamas Kadar should be a target in the summer, along with Kenneth Omeruo and Tomas Kalas for the defensive position. Michael Hector is available as well isn't he on a free?

Omeruos playing in Spain with Leganes, so I don't think we could get him.

Just read the Chairmans Statement so I'm calling it.

Official Jan 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread - Time of Death 10.30pm Jan 16th.

Like last year, no flowers all donations to the D-Taxis benevolent fund for "Would-be" taxis drivers.

Thanks for coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

McTominay would be an excellent addition on loan. Can slip onto midfield or defence and is a commanding size which is something we lack. If only Bruce could use a United contact or two.

This is what I take from the Chairmans statement. 

He's got a great for this level, well respected manager in place, which he'll want to back. The manager himself has an abundance of contacts in the game and Chansiri's statement smacks of desperation, to do his very best to back Steve Bruce.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

This is what I take from the Chairmans statement. 

He's got a great for this level, well respected manager in place, which he'll want to back. The manager himself has an abundance of contacts in the game and Chansiri's statement smacks of desperation, to do his very best to back Steve Bruce.

If he wants to back Bruce, sell some players to give him room to manoeuvre. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If he wants to back Bruce, sell some players to give him room to manoeuvre. 

I just hope there's no uproar when this inevitably does happen. It needs to happen. 

15m for Reach. Thankyou very much. Now lets find 3 Adam Reach's with that money.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

I just hope there's no uproar when this inevitably does happen. It needs to happen. 

15m for Reach. Thankyou very much. Now lets find 3 Adam Reach's with that money.

I don't think people will complain if the price represents good value. That's something we haven't seen enough of. 

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

It should have happened earlier, not leaving it until the last two weeks, that’s just lunacy. Plus this ridiculously gloomy statement, by going public with our predicament, again crazy. This will be all over the press, with some reporting doomsday scenarios, how the hell will we get decent prices for the players we hope to sell. Then there’s the small matter of attracting a few loanees to cover the players sold Who the hell will want to join us now