OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

41 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Call me nonchalant, but I don’t think we are in a relegation fight this season.

All the bottom 4 teams have points tallys of less than a point per game, there are several club’s sandwiched between us in 16th and those in the relegation zone, we have at least a 9 points head-start on all the teams in the bottom 3.

Plus our upcoming fixtures are all winnable: Wigan (H) 19th in league table, Ipswich (A) 24th in league table, Reading (H) 22nd in league table, Millwall (A) 20th in league table, Rotherham (A) 21st in league table, Swansea (H) 13th in league table, Brentford (H) 17th in league table.

By the time we go into March we should be all-but-mathematically safe.

It would take a truely disastrous run of form to get relegated now IMO.

Exactly. 

It's Wednesday we are talking about!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That might be a little complacent True the next fixtures look a little friendlier, but if we lose them, it’s become points to our potential relegation rivals Like you, I don’t think we’ll end up in a relegation scrap, but I wouldn’t rule it out. Our form is indifferent, and the injuries are starting to mount again The managerial situation hasn’t helped, and while I don’t expect us to remedy all our failings this month, I did expect us to start the ball rolling We really need to freshen things up in January, in my opinion

With what ?? Were is this pot of money coming from ?? Only way is to sell our prime assets. Thats if anyone wants them. Could be a long January. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

We have no realistic chance of promotion, we have little chance of relegation. According to the chairman we broke FFP last season by an 8 figure sum (£10,000,000 at least) so we need to balance the books both this season and make enough to cover the losses of 2017/18 so what do we do half way through the transfer window.

Players in = Zero

Players out or on loan = Zero

Come the summer we will once again be under a transfer embargo so when the 10-13 squad players leave to include current first team players we won't be able to replace any of them. Westwood, Fox, Hector (loan), Palmer, Boyd, Matias that's over half of the team that started the last game.

DC constant dithering is not just going to cost us this season, but the next and probably the one after that. 

Clear the deck sell Reach, Bannan, Fessi get hopefully £20-25m in and sort the FFP issues out once and for all, give Bruce a few million for loans to stablise us for the remainder of the season, then start again in the summer.

We're gonna be selling the ground if no one leaves this window 100%

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

With what ?? Were is this pot of money coming from ?? Only way is to sell our prime assets. Thats if anyone wants them. Could be a long January. 

Surely that’s the reason Bruce was employed, to wheel and deal. Anyway, we aren’t talking about a major overhaul, that’s not going to happen in January. Two or three loans in, will do it, with a few going out

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Surely that’s the reason Bruce was employed, to wheel and deal. Anyway, we aren’t talking about a major overhaul, that’s not going to happen in January. Two or three loans in, will do it, with a few going out

Bruce isnt starting until Feb 1st maybe the club has decided with him that summer will be the time to rebuild. Cant see much happening in January with the manager not in place.As for loan signings how many can we have ??

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

The names being banded about as potential loan signings do make me laugh.

We're sat in mid-table obscurity.

Good chance for promising youngsters of other clubs to get some no pressure game time though 

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

Good chance for promising youngsters of other clubs to get some no pressure game time though 

Plus it’s an opportunity to see if Bruce’s system, and way of playing, will work He can’t possibly play the way, I’d imagine he’d want to play, without adding some key components

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, modboy said:

No pressure....with our fanbase....?! Ask Morgan Fox. Lol

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Thanks 

so basically all business  needs to be done prior to Bruce’s arrival 

That's how it seems.

Loans must be finalised within the transfer window and due to the scrapping of the EFL’s ’emergency loan’ windows in 2016, under pressure from Fifa, this is the case for all divisions in the football leagues in England and Scotland.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/january-transfer-window-when-close-date-time-premier-league-efl/

We won tonight but think game showed we need other options. They outplayed us for long periods of the game and although we defended well in front of this we struggled. We definitely need a couple of new faces to start to rebuild team. Hutchinson and Westwood are now injured again and you need players who are available most games not play one miss one.