OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Would we keep the same system and just replace Boyd/ matias with him or keep them rotated certainly seems to add what we lack in that area pace 

Our team could look very different by the time Bruce comes full backs remain a concern but our team will start to become stronger 

We could have a bench of

dawson

thornily

penny

Boyd

matias

winnal

pelupessy 

you can see why defensive reinforcements seem a priority 

and if we get a couple of full backs and another CM I think our squad will match any in this division 

F805144A-2F6F-4134-ABAE-E2E65DC58815.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Would we keep the same system and just replace Boyd/ matias with him or keep them rotated certainly seems to add what we lack in that area pace 

Our team could look very different by the time Bruce comes full backs remain a concern but our team will start to become stronger 

We could have a bench of

dawson

thornily

penny

Boyd

matias

winnal

pelupessy 

you can see why defensive reinforcements seem a priority 

and if we get a couple of full backs and another CM I think our squad will match any in this division 

F805144A-2F6F-4134-ABAE-E2E65DC58815.jpeg

No Joao in the 18?

Think fletcher is a stronger forward with a better support and I think Kebal and forestieri offer more out wide. It’s a tough call but Joao would be key in rotation when needed and one hell of a player off the bench. We’ve been bringing attey on and Winnall that’s not up to match speed having Joao Forestieri and if we get this Fulham kid completely changes our attack and chances of creating penetrating tough call but I’d keep fletcher and yes I understand there’s more goals in Joao but I think there’s more in that front three than without it and Joao would offer more on the bench than fletcher 

I see what you mean and what I’ve done my mistake yes Joao is 100% on that bench 

Edited by fpowl

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Isn’t that something you just assumed though?

No it's what I read Is it true, who knows, after reading last nights statement, maybe not Today, well it could be So much disinformation coming out of the club at the moment, none of us know what to believe

Just now, gurujuan said:

No it's what I read Is it true, who knows, after reading last nights statement, maybe not Today, well it could be So much disinformation coming out of the club at the moment, none of us know what to believe

Sorry I meant assumed to be true. I don’t doubt people have said/written that we’ll have a budget but they could easily just be thinking that we must have one otherwise why would Bruce come in. To say we did but now we don’t is guesswork as far as I can tell.

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Sorry I meant assumed to be true. I don’t doubt people have said/written that we’ll have a budget but they could easily just be thinking that we must have one otherwise why would Bruce come in. To say we did but now we don’t is guesswork as far as I can tell.

Well yes, in so much as, none of us really know what's going on, it's hard to be certain about anything The thrust of my argument, was not really whether he has a budget or not, it's that the statement, however well intentioned, was not particularly prudent 

I've said all along, if we need to wheel and deal, then so be it We can move forward with loans

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Well yes, in so much as, none of us really know what's going on, it's hard to be certain about anything The thrust of my argument, was not really whether he has a budget or not, it's that the statement, however well intentioned, was not particularly prudent 

I've said all along, if we need to wheel and deal, then so be it We can move forward with loans

That statement was for consumption of fans to make sure he gets as much revenue as possible. Hopefully some owners of other football clubs will be like you think we have got no money and loan or sell us players on cheap. It is a strategy and he is trying his best and Kebano is first player I can remember us being linked with who is real quick hurrah!

1 hour ago, Quist said:

That statement was for consumption of fans to make sure he gets as much revenue as possible. Hopefully some owners of other football clubs will be like you think we have got no money and loan or sell us players on cheap. It is a strategy and he is trying his best and Kebano is first player I can remember us being linked with who is real quick hurrah!

And one that might actually play quite soon after signing. 

The thought of selling our best players and replacing with cheap alternatives really is a bit poo . It has to be done but the fact we are in this position is shocking. Such a badly run club. I’m just praying we still manage to get Bruce in to get the best out of what players we do have and hope he can wheel and deal to get some promising players in. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thought of selling our best players and replacing with cheap alternatives really is a bit poo . It has to be done but the fact we are in this position is shocking. Such a badly run club. I’m just praying we still manage to get Bruce in to get the best out of what players we do have and hope he can wheel and deal to get some promising players in. 

Would you say Bruce was the best choice of coach to see us through this period of austerity? I’m not sure he would have been my choice, all things considered. Mainly the cost, but also the fact that he has always had a decent budget, even though he often manages to balance the books further down the line. With the right tools, he’s proven he can get the job done, but this will test his coaching skills.

We are where we are of course, and as painful as it will be, having to sell our better players, it needs to be done. I do think, if we can use the loan market wisely, we can put a decent squad together That’s where Bruce can come to the fore, if nothing else, he has many good contacts

37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Would you say Bruce was the best choice of coach to see us through this period of austerity? I’m not sure he would have been my choice, all things considered. Mainly the cost, but also the fact that he has always had a decent budget, even though he often manages to balance the books further down the line. With the right tools, he’s proven he can get the job done, but this will test his coaching skills.

We are where we are of course, and as painful as it will be, having to sell our better players, it needs to be done. I do think, if we can use the loan market wisely, we can put a decent squad together That’s where Bruce can come to the fore, if nothing else, he has many good contacts

Im thinking the same in regards to Bruce having some good contacts in the game. I think he is a manager that players will want to sign and play for with his very impressive career as a player and some good achievements as a manger. I just wish we could get him in sooner than February 1st to give him chance to start the rebuild ASAP. 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Im thinking the same in regards to Bruce having some good contacts in the game. I think he is a manager that players will want to sign and play for with his very impressive career as a player and some good achievements as a manger. I just wish we could get him in sooner than February 1st to give him chance to start the rebuild ASAP. 

If there’s truth in the Kebano rumour, you’d presume, or at least hope, that he’s behind it