OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Does make me wonder if there's something to the suggestions that DC is hanging on and hoping that the FFP rules will be relaxed to avoid half the Championship plunging off the rails. The system as it's currently set up is farcical - right intentions but appallingly implemented.

Was just about to post exactly that. With so many clubs in the same boat, the EFL may adapt the rules once more. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, let’s not kid ourselves these are great signings. Had say, Ipswich made them, we’d have been mocking them. What I’m hoping is, that they will enable to set up in the way that Bruce wants us to play We can upgrade in the summer

What I am hoping for is Bruce starts getting the best out of the players we have got here. a lot of which are miles better than them two.

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

To be fair to Chansiri, he delivered Carvalhal some excellent signings in Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Wallace, Pudil, Hunt... a lot of bad ones also but surely the manager had some say on targets.

Yep, manager gives him a list, he does what he can.

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Really not wrong mate, as @S36 OWL constantly says, its set up to just help the relegated prem clubs go straight back and hinder any other club trying to get to the prem.

The parachute payments are " officially " to help relegated clubs pay the high wages of the players, yet the clubs just use it to sign more players on massive wages and massive fees and forcing other clubs trying to compete  into massive debt . 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Birmingham turned down a 12 million bid for Che Adams! How the hell can they afford to turn that down. 

They didnt want to let him go because they can't replace him. Their embargo means they couldn't even loan him back for the rest of the season

Our recruitment in the first transfer window under Carlos was excellent it’s been dire since. These players are adding what we’ve needed to add since then which is pace add the fact I have confidence in Bruce getting the best out of these players and are run of fixtures coming up where I’m hoping to pick up a good number of points going into March we might be one hungry hard team to play against

i hope this works. Even if we fall short a real go at getting into those playoffs will restore everybody’s faith and hopes for next season.

i hope we can do this and not get too negative about the summer and take it into next season 

certainly going to be interesting 

in Bruce we trust 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Birmingham turned down a 12 million bid for Che Adams! How the hell can they afford to turn that down. 

They're not even trying to address their situation. Can't grumble when a points deduction comes their way then, can they.. 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Our recruitment in the first transfer window under Carlos was excellent it’s been dire since. These players are adding what we’ve needed to add since then which is pace add the fact I have confidence in Bruce getting the best out of these players and are run of fixtures coming up where I’m hoping to pick up a good number of points going into March we might be one hungry hard team to play against

i hope this works. Even if we fall short a real go at getting into those playoffs will restore everybody’s faith and hopes for next season.

i hope we can do this and not get too negative about the summer and take it into next season 

certainly going to be interesting 

in Bruce we trust 

aaargh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

They didnt want to let him go because they can't replace him. Their embargo means they couldn't even loan him back for the rest of the season

But they don't need to replace him this season. They're comfortably safe in mid-table. They're just choosing not to comply. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

They're not even trying to address their situation. Can't grumble when a points deduction comes their way then, can they.. 

You would imagine the Football League arnt best pleased with them right now.