OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Been thinking about that deadline day we signed about 4 players. One of them was Bus, who where the others? 

McGugan, Vermijl, and Borat...I mean Melo. 

3 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

++smiles (plenty on here can't crack one)

++ nice suit (pretty much everyone on here posts nonsense in their underpants)

Oh come on, you know Guru dresses like hes going to work when its a transfer window, I mean, keeping the megathread going is a full time job lol

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, billyblack said:

Just out of interest, say we sign someone on a 3 year deal and then one year in they sign a new 3 year deal, how does that work?

To be honest I've no idea. I know how ordinary business accounts work reasonably well and I have some knowledge how football clubs accounts are dealt with but I don't know the finer details.

If I was put on the spot I'd say they would use the value the player was valued at in the accounts and then amortise that over the new contract period. I wouldn't stake my life on it though.

20:56

NEWCASTLE TRIO CLOSE ON LOANS

Three players are on the verge of leaving Newcastle on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

Jacob Murphy is closing on a move to West Brom, while Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar are on their way to Sheffield Wednesday.

Just now, marcx666 said:

Bruce did say about 12 clubs or more are facing FFP and in the same boat as us.

Does make me wonder if there's something to the suggestions that DC is hanging on and hoping that the FFP rules will be relaxed to avoid half the Championship plunging off the rails. The system as it's currently set up is farcical - right intentions but appallingly implemented.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

20:56

NEWCASTLE TRIO CLOSE ON LOANS

Three players are on the verge of leaving Newcastle on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

Jacob Murphy is closing on a move to West Brom, while Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar are on their way to Sheffield Wednesday.

We had money. Bruce be getting us Murphy and not Aarons.

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Does make me wonder if there's something to the suggestions that DC is hanging on and hoping that the FFP rules will be relaxed to avoid half the Championship plunging off the rails. The system as it's currently set up is farcical - right intentions but appallingly implemented.

Really not wrong mate, as @S36 OWL constantly says, its set up to just help the relegated prem clubs go straight back and hinder any other club trying to get to the prem.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

We had money. Bruce be getting us Murphy and not Aarons.

Yes, let’s not kid ourselves these are great signings. Had say, Ipswich made them, we’d have been mocking them. What I’m hoping is, that they will enable to set up in the way that Bruce wants us to play We can upgrade in the summer