OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

But they don't need to replace him this season. They're comfortably safe in mid-table. They're just choosing not to comply. 

Do the EFL have any power to force clubs in the brown stuff  to accept offers ?

31 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think we may well have wanted a 100% of Winnall 's wages paid. 

Why he won't go. And why we won't sell anyone.!!.

Pretty sure when you buy a player you're expected to pay 100% of their wages...

lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

They didnt want to let him go because they can't replace him. Their embargo means they couldn't even loan him back for the rest of the season

Didnt realise that. So all the money would go towards FFP and they wouldn’t have a penny to spend? 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Didnt realise that. So all the money would go towards FFP and they wouldn’t have a penny to spend? 

Well under their embargo they cannot sign anyone, and I assume (not sure either way), that the EFL would force them to use that money to get back on the right side of the FFP/P&S system, but the EFL is roundly useless so who really knows lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Does make me wonder if there's something to the suggestions that DC is hanging on and hoping that the FFP rules will be relaxed to avoid half the Championship plunging off the rails. The system as it's currently set up is farcical - right intentions but appallingly implemented.

If half of the Championship are put into an embargo the transfer market will take a big hit. League 1 & 2 clubs often rely on selling their better players to the Championship in order to survive. Those opportunities will be fewer & the fees they do receive are likely to be less.

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I think they probably could if the club is under an embargo and guilty of breaking the EFL rules, but, they probably won't. 

It’s tricky, because they can’t themselves determine what a player is worth If Birmingham were to say the offers didn’t meet their valuation

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s tricky, because they can’t themselves determine what a player is worth If Birmingham were to say the offers didn’t meet their valuation

Why not, I mean they somehow decide if a sponsorship deal is over the price of what it should be. If they can do one, they can do the other.

Not many transfer deadline days stick out to me but I was thinking about the deadline day we signed Richard Creswell for 1 million from York. Remember being at my Nannas and seeing it come through on teletext. None of this Twitter and social media, simpler times. 

page 302 for the main headlines, page 312 for the smaller stories. glorious days

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

At least we are bringing in some goddamn pace, whether they are world beaters or not.

Both were signed by Newcastle for a reason, sometimes just doesn't work out and they need a change of scenery.

Iorfa could be a great signing. Definately think that means we will be playing Bruce's favoured 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs being Lazzar and Iorfa.

Interesting to see if Aarons is used as a striker though.

Edited by swfc-dan

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

If you could afford to phone club call you'd get this news 30 mins earlier. :CEO:

I use to love seeing the headlines on club call. Got a right telling off from my parents when they saw the phone bill when I had phoned up club call 10 times in a month. My Dad still likes to bring that up. 

I use to love seeing the headlines on club call. Got a right telling off from my parents when they saw the phone bill when I had phoned up club call 10 times in a month. My Dad still likes to bring that up. 

Be fair, it was cheaper to call the sex lines than clubcall

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

At least it wasn't the 0898 numbers.... which wasn't me by the way Dad WTF: