OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest addedtime
16 minutes ago, striker said:

Nixon suggested they are paying all Madine's £30k+ wage.. Suspect Hogan will be similar.

"suggested". This is pretty much from a director at Bramall Lane

25 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Glad we are not signing anyone, its players  out we need. Summer will no doubt see a big transformation.

Let Bruce get on with sorting matters, it is his expertise.

14 players will be leaving with no players coming in, big enough for you :picnic: 

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, striker said:

Blunts are always prone to exaggeration, so would take their directors word with a pinch of salt.

Ok, 15k then.

Guest addedtime
3 minutes ago, striker said:

Blunts are always prone to exaggeration, so would take their directors word with a pinch of salt.

You get my drift though....they won't be paying that money for those players.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Don't think we'll sign (or sell) anyone in summer either.

Except out of contract players.

Probably right. Money free'd up from many players leaving will probably be our budget. And maybe a small sale or two like Winall etc. Thankfully Im happy we have a manager that i feel can negotiate through a tough summer window. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Arrr, I see you’re going to keep on repeating this rubbish for the next 7 or 8 months then.

Super

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Of course there will be players coming in during the summer.

Nope it is called a transfer embargo.

Why do you think everyone has been banging on about our need to sell players to balance the books.

Come the end of this season with all other things being the same our loss for the season will be about £10-12m meaning this season we will have once against broke Profit and Sustainability rules, the EFL are not going to say - oh well never mind I see you have let a lot of players leave at the end of their contracts - there you go you can sign who ever you want now.

NO there will be reprocution's be it a fine, points deduction more likely a transfer embargo for the whole of 2019/20 season as has happened in the past with other EFL teams - Forest are the ones that come to mind a few season back. They were lucky they found a few teams like Everton, that would loan them cheap players that were allowed within the P&S Rule do you think DC has the same friends.

But we have been in a self imposed transfer embargo for the last 18 months anyway so not a lot will change.

So next season we will start the season with Dawson, Fox, Lees, Thorniley, Baker, Reach, Hutch, Bannan, Joao, Fessi, Fletcher - Not a bad team but should we get any injuries we will be looking to the development squad to fill the gaps or youth loans as long as they fall within the P&S guidelines.

We will have no right sided midfielders at the club so Joao will have to play there or another midfielder/forward and only two senior defenders as the rest are either loans or out of contract, we will be ok in midfield but the likes of Hutch, fessi, Fletcher, Rhodes & Nuihu will all be in the last 12 months of their contracts.

But don't worry DC know what he is doing as Sonny keeps telling me.