OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

It is rubbish. We discussed this a few days ago. You are incorrect to state that we definitely will not be able to sign any players whatsoever in the summer. I will point this out whenever you post it - what joy.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

I see you're still spouting the same crap despite several posters on here explaining the situation to you.

Just for clarity, if as seems likely we are put on an embargo but also release all our out of contract players we'll end up with a squad of experienced players numbering well below 24, which is the number the EFL deems necessary for a club to compete.

Under 23's with less than a certain amount of first team game time are not classed as experienced by the EFL.

Therefore even though we are put on an embargo the EFL would allow us to sign players to bring us up to the minimum requirement of 24.

Granted these players would have to be free transfers, out of contract players or loans & there would be a limit set by the EFL on the wages & overall cost to the club.

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath as you'll still continue to ignore the facts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I see you're still spouting the same crap despite several posters on here explaining the situation to you.

Just for clarity, if as seems likely we are put on an embargo but also release all our out of contract players we'll end up with a squad of experienced players numbering well below 24, which is the number the EFL deems necessary for a club to compete.

Under 23's with less than a certain amount of first team game time are not classed as experienced by the EFL.

Therefore even though we are put on an embargo the EFL would allow us to sign players to bring us up to the minimum requirement of 24.

Granted these players would have to be free transfers, out of contract players or loans & there would be a limit set by the EFL on the wages & overall cost to the club.

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath as you'll still continue to ignore the facts.

I think the rule is under 21's matey

These are the old rule pre Profit and Sustainability - I cannot see any rule post P&S about being able to sign players in embargo's. If either of you have the link please post, as these rules applied to FFP not P&S

Any Championship club that is subject to an FFP embargo during the 2015/16 season will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).  

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.
• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)
Edited by room0035

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

These are the old rule pre Profit and Sustainability - I cannot see any rule post P&S about being able to sign players in embargo's. If either of you have the link please post, as these rules applied to FFP not P&S

Any Championship club that is subject to an FFP embargo during the 2015/16 season will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).  

So you’re basing this rubbish on the old rules and even they contradict what you’re saying?

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So you’re basing this rubbish on the old rules and even they contradict what you’re saying?

No it was for the under 23's to 21 but post your link where it says everything will be fine and we can do what we want.

Even if we can sign players in the summer, let's be honest, it will be with strict rules, I read £11,500 a week is the most we could pay in wages if under a soft embargo, we won't be able to pay any transfer fees, so basically we won't be able to compete again next season, our players will be a year older, we don't seem interested in selling anyone, we are well and truly stagnating. 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.
• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

There may possibly some room for manoeuvre  under the new P&S rules if Birmingham is anything to go by when they were allowed to sign Pederson whilst under an embargo.

Under the P&S rules, the Club has agreed, with immediate effect, to adhere to a business plan imposed by the EFL, which includes a number of financial targets, including controlling player related expenditure, which together have the objective of meeting the requirements of the P&S Regulations moving forward.

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

There may possibly some room for manoeuvre  under the new P&S rules if Birmingham is anything to go by when they were allowed to sign Pederson whilst under an embargo.

Under the P&S rules, the Club has agreed, with immediate effect, to adhere to a business plan imposed by the EFL, which includes a number of financial targets, including controlling player related expenditure, which together have the objective of meeting the requirements of the P&S Regulations moving forward.

This link was produced when the embargos were placed on us and Birmingham at the start of the season.

Read the part that says the EFL can do what they want and they will be looking to make example of teams that do not try and help themselves and the fact we have sold no players what so ever may be viewed this way by the EFL.

The new rules do not have mandatory penalties and some clubs may already be sanctioned under the new tests.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/new-ffp-tests/

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This link was produced when the embargos were placed on us and Birmingham at the start of the season.

Read the part that says the EFL can do what they want and they will be looking to make example of teams that do not try and help themselves and the fact we have sold no players what so ever may be viewed this way by the EFL.

The new rules do not have mandatory penalties and some clubs may already be sanctioned under the new tests.

Great, so show us where on your link it says that we definitely won’t be able to sign anyone this summer (and so will operate with current squad minus 14 players).

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The point is our embargo was also lifted, so presumably we also had to adhere to a business plan imposed by the EFL.

There's no evidence to show what the plan is, or more to the point, that we're not complying with it.

Just now, Sonny said:

Great, so show us where on your link it says that we definitely won’t be able to sign anyone this summer (and so will operate with current squad minus 14 players).

Sorry mate still waiting for your link can you show me anything other than abuse. 

I thought not

It says if you can be bother to read it the club has to have a clear plan to avoid breaking the rules again something we will do unless £15m appears in the next few hours.

Clubs can be fined, have points deductions or placed under transfer embargos.

It also say the P&S rules are EFL controlled so they can basically do what they want like with Birmingham when they prevented them signing or registering any players, if you cannot register a player that means you cannot sign anyone. aka a full transfer ewmbargo.