OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

14 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

We're not going up, we're not going down.

no need to spend any money, unless is was a permanent player who is going to be a first team player next season. Don't think we can spend the money on someone like that at teh moment.

I agree with the first part but if we want to avoid an embargo that will impact next seasons prep, we need to offload now, the summer is too late. There can be crazy money flying around at this stage we could benefit from.

When we hit an embargo around March/April it might not be lifted until September again when all we will have is a week or so to get loans in. This after releasing about 6 or 7 senior pros.

The fact that we look safe and have an experienced boss means to ensure we stay safe, we should have looked to sell 2 of Forestieri, Reach, Joao or Rhodes if we could - only a few that could command a decent fee. Bruce would have stormed out if we sold Bazza granted. 

10 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I agree with the first part but if we want to avoid an embargo that will impact next seasons prep, we need to offload now, the summer is too late. There can be crazy money flying around at this stage we could benefit from.

When we hit an embargo around March/April it might not be lifted until September again when all we will have is a week or so to get loans in. This after releasing about 6 or 7 senior pros.

The fact that we look safe and have an experienced boss means to ensure we stay safe, we should have looked to sell 2 of Forestieri, Reach, Joao or Rhodes if we could - only a few that could command a decent fee. Bruce would have stormed out if we sold Bazza granted. 

Just remember when the chairman comes calling for season ticket money, and money for new merchandise and money for 1867 you give him the same answer - no we will wait until the summer thanks.

13 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Never mind all that ffp,you sir are relaying the fact that we are DESPERATE for cash now,if we are as desperate,i'll ask you again,how com the fella in charge doesn't see it how you do ?

Easiest thing in the world to press that red arrow thing eh.

I take it you didn’t hear what DC said about transfer embargo’s? I believe DC does realise we need to sell but he is massively over valuing players (FF for 14 million for example)

16 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Transfer window for ALL deals closes in august.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I take it you didn’t hear what DC said about transfer embargo’s? I believe DC does realise we need to sell but he is massively over valuing players (FF for 14 million for example)

Listen fella,i'm well aware of what DC has said,over valuuing players is no bad thing,no bugger has done it before,so bearing in mind what you keep saying about desperation,why is he not accepting any offers for anyone to alleviate said problem wether thats an immediate thing or a summer thing ?

9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Listen fella,i'm well aware of what DC has said,over valuuing players is no bad thing,no bugger has done it before,so bearing in mind what you keep saying about desperation,why is he not accepting any offers for anyone to alleviate said problem wether thats an immediate thing or a summer thing ?

Because he’s a poor football business man?