OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

The point is our embargo was also lifted, so presumably we also had to adhere to a business plan imposed by the EFL.

There's no evidence to show what the plan is, or more to the point, that we're not complying with it.

But the business plan is to not break the P&S guidelines which we will once again do this season unless we can find money, so do you think the EFL will say never mind these things happen or more likely will they make an example of us.

Look by 1st March we will know our losses for last season and if the club are truthful with us whether we are once again under an embargo. I say this as last season for over 4 months they said nothing.

Just now, room0035 said:

But the business plan is to not break the P&S guidelines which we will once again do this season unless we can find money, so do you think the EFL will say never mind these things happen or more likely will they make an example of us.

Look by 1st March we will know our losses for last season and if the club are truthful with us whether we are once again under an embargo. I say this as last season for over 4 months they said nothing.

As I stated previously, we don't know what the EFL business plan is when it is imposed on a club that has been or is already under an embargo.

We know what P&S rules state regarding losses whereby the EFL can impose an embargo and other restrictions but not what they propose if trying to get a club back on the right track regarding expenditure, after falling foul in the first place.

Granted they can impose what penalties they deem fit, but looking at ours and Birmingham's recent embargo's it looks as though they are trying to assist rather than punish.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Sorry mate still waiting for your link can you show me anything other than abuse. 

I thought not

It says if you can be bother to read it the club has to have a clear plan to avoid breaking the rules again something we will do unless £15m appears in the next few hours.

Clubs can be fined, have points deductions or placed under transfer embargos.

It also say the P&S rules are EFL controlled so they can basically do what they want like with Birmingham when they prevented them signing or registering any players, if you cannot register a player that means you cannot sign anyone. aka a full transfer ewmbargo.

I said you were being a dïck because you were making out I had said all kinds of crap that I hadn’t. If you don’t like it then don’t be a dïck.

Nowhere on your link does it indicate that we will definitely be under a hard embargo, which is what you are saying will definitely happen if we don’t raise £15m this afternoon. You’re providing evidence of being wrong, which really makes this quite easy to be honest.

So in summary, room101 keeps stating that we will definitely be under a hard transfer embargo this summer unless we raise £15m today meaning we won’t be able to sign anyone at all and will have to operate with the current squad minus 14 out of contract players.

He then provides a link to prove this but that link states that one of the possible punishments for failing P&S Test 3 is a soft embargo which would allow us to sign players with restrictions on fees, wages etc.

4 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Gents, there is under 8 hours till the deadline, can you all please discuss FFP in another thread, so that the rest of us can just have a peek every now and again to see if we've bought or sold anybody?

garymegson

We haven't and won't, there you go mate, I've saved you having to click the thread again ever lol

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

As I stated previously, we don't know what the EFL business plan is when it is imposed on a club that has been or is already under an embargo.

We know what P&S rules state regarding losses whereby the EFL can impose an embargo and other restrictions but not what they propose if trying to get a club back on the right track regarding expenditure, after falling foul in the first place.

Granted they can impose what penalties they deem fit, but looking at ours and Birmingham's recent embargo's it looks as though they are trying to assist rather than punish.

Correct. I believe that last summer we will have had to produce financial projections for this season & next & the EFL would have agreed to the these I presume or the embargo would not have been lifted. 

While selling the likes of Reach, FF & Bannan would have reduced FFP/P&S pressures I wouldn't have thought it could be a stipulation within the agreed future budgets that this player or that player must be sold. How could they put a value on a certain player, they may lose form, suffer a serious injury or bids just don't come in for them.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So in summary, room101 keeps stating that we will definitely be under a hard transfer embargo this summer unless we raise £15m today meaning we won’t be able to sign anyone at all and will have to operate with the current squad minus 14 out of contract players.

He then provides a link to prove this but that link states that one of the possible punishments for failing P&S Test 3 is a soft embargo which would allow us to sign players with restrictions on fees, wages etc.

A link that showed that BIRMINGHAM CITY WERE PREVENTED FROM SIGNING ANY PLAYERS OR AS WE KNOW IS A FULL TRANSFER EMBARGO I give up.

Guest wilyfox

Sheffield Wednesday
@swfc
SB: (On deadline day) We have one or two things in the pipeline and we’ll see how it goes over the coming hours #swfcLIVE