"I will have success with Sheffield Wednesday"

3 minutes ago, slightlybruisedman said:

Have to be honest, whilst it’s not easy learning another language, I’m slightly surprised how little his English has improved

I don't know, my Dutch and German are poo

Sprichst Du Deutsch............................ Nein.

Spreek Je Nederlands .........................Nee.

I want Jos to do well but am absolutely baffled at the adoration he is getting for scraping a win against a ten man team who are bottom of the league and an interview in which he says players should give 100%.

Crikey.

We are several months down the line and it still isn’t evident to me what kind of style of play this guy is trying to impose. Just hope tonight’s latest mystery XI puts in a more coherent performance than at Griffin Park. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

I hope he has success but I won’t hold my breath. The last performances have been ok, and the results have been good. All of the performances before that were dire. 

People should probably balance these things out before using terms like moving mountains.

absolutely spot on,still not convinced with his team selections to be honest

17 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

I hope he has success but I won’t hold my breath. The last performances have been ok, and the results have been good. All of the performances before that were dire. 

People should probably balance these things out before using terms like moving mountains.

Absolutely - the truth is somewhere in the middle at the moment.

the only decent performance this season was against Millwall, the result was good against Ipswich but didn’t think we played well. 

We were dire at Wigan Brentford hull and to a lesser extent Sunderland.

5 hours ago, brando said:

absolutely spot on,still not convinced with his team selections to be honest

The mountains I was thinking about are such as discipline, and certain people thinking they had a divine right to play, instead of earning the right.  I think his team selections are just part of the process of finding the elusive blend (a bit like the Glenn Miller sound)....  

On 28/08/2018 at 18:00, Ballmeist said:

How about Rome wasn't built in day. No one said its going to happen overnight but he as done something no other manager as done in a long time, thats starting to blood youngsters who are showing quite a few of the older heads a thing a two, and thats commitment. That in itself is bordering on moving mountains. I wouldn't hold your breath as this isn't going to happen overnight but, I feel it will happen though. 

On 28/08/2018 at 17:52, hangonrose said:

Love Jos's attitude (quote from yesterday following the Brentford game's fallout).  I have to love his positive, level-headed, committed outlook, with no razzmatazz and cheap quotes.  And why shouldn't he have success - he has started to move the mountains, and if the players take it all on board, who knows where it will lead.  He's a stayer who wants young Sheffielders in his team, so we can support a man who 'will have success'. 

top attitude but every time Jos says 'I will' or 'We will' I always think there might be a language barrier going on as the dutch word for want is willen. Maybe that's coincidence but I've noticed it a couple of times when he said we will win a game.

I think the guy is steering us in the right direction... The boat is a bit bloated with cargo and un needed passengers (The Abdi's, fox's, Boyds, Jones, etc...) 

The man at the helm holding the tiller is still a little green and inexperienced (D. C). 

Though the new captain brought in last year to take command of what was a sinking ship, shored up the holes and leaks and guided us to calmer waters and safety.... 

We weathered a few early storms at the start of this season and pre season, but were finally starting to unfurl the sails of dare I say it H. M. S. Wee wee the league lol lol

Only kidding with the H. M. S one and couldn't help doing my best nonsensical waffle and euphemism as I was filling in for our former enigmatic riddler Carlos.. 

3 hours ago, hangonrose said:

The mountains I was thinking about are such as discipline, and certain people thinking they had a divine right to play, instead of earning the right.  I think his team selections are just part of the process of finding the elusive blend (a bit like the Glenn Miller sound)....  

there isn't a team in this division where FF would not start if he pi55es off to Leeds it will be a really bad day

On 28/08/2018 at 19:37, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I want Jos to do well but am absolutely baffled at the adoration he is getting for scraping a win against a ten man team who are bottom of the league and an interview in which he says players should give 100%.

Crikey.

We are several months down the line and it still isn’t evident to me what kind of style of play this guy is trying to impose. Just hope tonight’s latest mystery XI puts in a more coherent performance than at Griffin Park. 

Didn't realise they started with 10 men!