"I will have success with Sheffield Wednesday"

Love Jos's attitude (quote from yesterday following the Brentford game's fallout).  I have to love his positive, level-headed, committed outlook, with no razzmatazz and cheap quotes.  And why shouldn't he have success - he has started to move the mountains, and if the players take it all on board, who knows where it will lead.  He's a stayer who wants young Sheffielders in his team, so we can support a man who 'will have success'. 

Edited by hangonrose
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hope he has success but I won’t hold my breath. The last performances have been ok, and the results have been good. All of the performances before that were dire. 

People should probably balance these things out before using terms like moving mountains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

I hope he has success but I won’t hold my breath. The last performances have been ok, and the results have been good. All of the performances before that were dire. 

People should probably balance these things out before using terms like moving mountains.

It could be worse, we could have the Special One in charge and that useless chairman at ManU :biggrin:

To say all the games before that was dire is a bit harsh the run In towards the end of last season was good with some good football and excellent results. The start to this Season was poor but I can't remember a good start to any season Wednesday have had in the last 20 years    

Edited by Donny El

4 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

It's the footballers who perform though.  Manager can't kick the ball for them...

4 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Let’s not forget how “dire” Cardiff City were last season, with the lowest average possession in the whole league, yet they found a way to win games.

I have no doubt Jos can be successful at Wednesday, but it relys on him being able to bring in his own players to form a team. 

If he doesn’t get that chance it will probably be bottom half this season 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Even the Millers can beat Miwwaw, and they kept a clean sheet.

33 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Let’s not forget how “dire” Cardiff City were last season, with the lowest average possession in the whole league, yet they found a way to win games.

I have no doubt Jos can be successful at Wednesday, but it relys on him being able to bring in his own players to form a team. 

If he doesn’t get that chance it will probably be bottom half this season 

^this^ you can be successful in this league without star players, as Cardiff and Burnley have shown before. But you need the right gel of formation and players. Hopefully jos has the chance to do it

57 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It could be worse, we could have the Special One in charge and that useless chairman at ManU :biggrin:

I read a book called The Deal.

The first part of it is about some Ukrainians supposedly wanting to buy us. It mentions about Seb Coe wanting to become chairman and having a word with Mourinho. lol

Results first, then performances. 

It's always difficult to judge our manager as we don't know what restrictions he is working under.  I like the more understated, calm and considered approach we seem to have from Jos.  I'm happy to give him time and I think we all just need to chill out if we hit the occasional bump in the road. 

1 hour ago, hangonrose said:

Love Jos's attitude (quote from yesterday following the Brentford game's fallout).  I have to love his positive, level-headed, committed outlook, with no razzmatazz and cheap quotes.  And why shouldn't he have success - he has started to move the mountains, and if the players take it all on board, who knows where it will lead.  He's a stayer who wants young Sheffielders in his team, so we can support a man who 'will have success'. 

He’s confusing his English and German mate - he’s meaning to say ‘I want to have success’ - the German word for ‘want’ is ‘will.’

confusing I know but he’s mixed those words up in other contexts as well.  He mixes quite a few German and English words. 

Not criticising, just pointing out

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slightlybruisedman said:

He’s confusing his English and German mate - he’s meaning to say ‘I want to have success’ - the German word for ‘want’ is ‘will.’

confusing I know but he’s mixed those words up in other contexts as well.  He mixes quite a few German and English words. 

Not criticising, just pointing out

Yes, like he says become for get. :luhukay: