Can you still just rock up and buy tickets?

Yes but I wouldn't advise this approach.

A lot of people who used this approach were burned when it came to getting Wembley tickets. 

Getting a client ID and starting to build up priority points is a better option so you have at least some priority in the unlikely event we made it to Wembley.

Tickets cab be bought online and then picked up from various points at the ground. For the North it is by the disabled entrance near the shop. For the South it is in the South West corner of the ground just behind the West Stand.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

A lot of people who used this approach were burned when it came to getting Wembley tickets. 

Getting a client ID and starting to build up priority points is a better option so you have at least some priority in the unlikely event we made it to Wembley.

Tickets cab be bought online and then picked up from various points at the ground. For the North it is by the disabled entrance near the shop. For the South it is in the South West corner of the ground just behind the West Stand.

Was this one of the Indiana Jones tests?

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Colt said:

At the ground before kick off? Planning  to go tonight with the eldest.

Amazing how times have changed, many a time I used to wake up on a Saturday morning and think sod it I will go to the (away) game today.  You usually knew someone or a coach who was going, failing that jump on the train.  No worries about tickets as they were only used for the big FA Cup games, all done without the internet as well. 

Nowadays it's more like a major logistical problem. 

Do I have enough points for a ticket? Constantly pressing the refresh button, will the tickets turn up on time? Will there be enough room in the mini-bus or coach? Got to hide your beer from prying eyes watching the coach, checking your wallet to make sure you still have the ticket, rigmarole of finding your seat, retaining the bloody ticket. 

Guess that's why spreadsheets were invented.

In answer to your question, I have no idea... Sorry.

If only it was easy to buy a ticket in advance.

I tried online at the weekend but it wouldn't accept my password. So I clicked 'forgot password' and it said they'd sent me an email. No they hadn't. So I tried again - same outcome. So yesterday I went to the shop to buy it there. It was closed. 

I've never known a company make it so difficult for you to give them money (not just this time but over the years too)

Edited by davetherivelinowl

4 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I tried online at the weekend but it wouldn't accept my password. So I clicked 'forgot password' and it said they'd sent me an email. No they hadn't. So I tried again - same outcome. So I went to the shop to buy it there. It was closed. 

I've never known a company make it so difficult for you to give them money (not just this time but over the years too)

Have you checked your junk mail, had a similar problem recently trying to change my password. Was cursing, cos it kept sending emails that never materialised on mi phone (no junk mail facility on mi Sony) Checked 2 weeks later on mi tablet, and there they were in junk mail. 

1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Correct, then they complain the system isn't fair. I bought a ticket for Sunderland purely for the TPP and watched it in the pub. Will probably do the same for Reading on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I tried online at the weekend but it wouldn't accept my password. So I clicked 'forgot password' and it said they'd sent me an email. No they hadn't. So I tried again - same outcome. So yesterday I went to the shop to buy it there. It was closed. 

I tried to change my password to "my wee wee pipe" but the computer said it wasn't long enough. FFS. 

Mrs Bonvin also might have muttered the same thing but I can't be sure.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Have you checked your junk mail, had a similar problem recently trying to change my password. Was cursing, cos it kept sending emails that never materialised on mi phone (no junk mail facility on mi Sony) Checked 2 weeks later on mi tablet, and there they were in junk mail. 

Was hoping you'd be right but no, they're not in junk mail or spam either.

Guest Theboylangers
2 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Is ‘rocking up’ similar to walking up?

Not quite. You have to rock up with a bit of Liam Gallagher swagger.

lol