The North West Corner

23 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

none of this will happen we have lost 2-3000 fans this season who may never come back , I can see us down to 17-18000 for some night games . when was the last time we had a crowd as small as Saturdays in august before? 

Everything is fine.

Just bury your head in the sand and stay positive. It's the way forward honestly.

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Given theyve installed a large solid fence now at the side of the North Stand bordering the North West Corner making it impossible to see the pitch for most people who would be sat in there (I'm guessing this is at the insistence of SAG) - I can't imagine that part of the ground will ever be used again

Given our corporate pricing has priced out all but a few (7 boxes Im told, and a handful of seats in Dooleys for each game) I can't see the point in demolishing and building corporate space there to sit empty.

I think as a club we have bigger things to worry about than a side of the ground thats not been used in 7 years

26 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Looking at out ground, it really is becoming an embarrassment . I love older stadiums but there is nothing nostalgic about Hillsborough , it’s just ugly 

it's a thing of beauty apart from the lepp …..it's iconic from the vastness of kop , the lines of the north & the modernity of the south but still using the infrastructure of leach's original construction …...

34 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Looking at out ground, it really is becoming an embarrassment . I love older stadiums but there is nothing nostalgic about Hillsborough , it’s just ugly 

I wouldn't say it's ugly - far from it. The issue we have is only filling 60% of the seats, although if the true number of seats actually available were included in the calculation it would be around 75%. Other than a few years in the 90s when we 'allowed' home fans onto the bottom lepp, this and the NWC has been embarrassingly left empty. SAG and SYP say it's because of segregation but we all know that is rounduns.

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I doubt anything will happen unless we reach the Premiership I’m sure DC mentioned this a while back ? 

He can mention what he wants. My point is simple if he is going to do virtually nothing then the answer is don't spend a penny on it. Every penny spent except for knocking the leppings lane down and rebuilding it is in my view a penny wasted. 

8 minutes ago, Geedee said:

He can mention what he wants. My point is simple if he is going to do virtually nothing then the answer is don't spend a penny on it. Every penny spent except for knocking the leppings lane down and rebuilding it is in my view a penny wasted. 

Ok the way I see it is if we don’t get promoted nothing happens Stadium wise 

44 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Ok the way I see it is if we don’t get promoted nothing happens Stadium wise 

Personally I think one of two things will happen. 

1) we will get promoted this year under Chansari and the development happens 

2) we don't get promoted and at that point a new investor will be brought in either to totally buy out Chansari or take a percentage and then I think the development of the ground will be on the agenda regardless of what league we are in.imo It really can't stay the same for much longer. 

Of course the really  big question that needs to be answered first is do we move to a new stadium or do we rebuild Hillsborough. I would prefer the later but we will see. 

Edited by Geedee

20 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Personally I think one of two things will happen. 

1) we will get promoted this year under Chansari and the development happens 

2) we don't get promoted and at that point a new investor will be brought in either to totally buy out Chansari or take a percentage and then I think the development of the ground will be on the agenda regardless of what league we are in.imo It really can't stay the same for much longer. 

Of course the really  big question that needs to be answered first is do we move to a new stadium or do we rebuild Hillsborough. I would prefer the later but we will see. 

I thought those plans of a redevelopment a bit back looked good , The stadium is in real need of upgrading in most areas and as it is now i would prefer to spend money on it as it doesn’t affect FFP does it ? Not my money though ha 

12 hours ago, Southside Owl said:

Because we are Sheffield Wednesday not P.NE..or Derby or Barnsley..we need a design befitting our aspirations, not against their ideas per se..and not necessarily against the smaller but better atmosphere debate..but recently there has been a post about the north stand being way ahead of its time..( yep I know it was 66 world cup funded)..but think small and neat stay small and neat..

No it wasn't.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

none of this will happen we have lost 2-3000 fans this season who may never come back , I can see us down to 17-18000 for some night games . when was the last time we had a crowd as small as Saturdays in august before? 

Millwall, last Wednesday.

15 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Needs knocking down along with West Stand.

Not fit for purpose.

On 31/01/2018 at 19:28, Theboylangers said:

Vardy is right though. You can't AC/DC when it comes to football...:stuwinky:

Agreed.  I think it should have been demolish following the 89 disaster and the. F A bore most if not all of the cost of a rebuild