The North West Corner

46 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Image result for preston north end stadium

it can be done quite cheaply and still look smart like PNE.

Image result for oakwell corner stand

even this one at oakwell is not much diff' to what weve put up at the training ground.

Id have it similar to Barnsleys but squared off. bit like the stain, but it could house permanent tv boxes and media stuff, not only could it look really smart, by squaring it off it would help with segregation and a blind spot to the away end, might be enough to calm SAG down a bit so the lower tier of lepp could be used more..

would be funny as the North stand singers would have to move to the H block (as in the H on the seats cHansiri) as the C block would have restricted views for pointing etc!

Image result for corner stands in stadiums

something like this but squared off, cant think of anywhere, ibrox, hawthorns? but with way more windows.

surely all the extra floors/rooms could improve corporate weekday stuff. 

got a chance to make awesome improvements to Hillsborough here without it costing the earth,

Great post,. But I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to look like Preston North End..

6 minutes ago, Southside Owl said:

But I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to look like Preston North End..

TBH neither do i. but compared to what weve got at the minute! 

but it would be a wasted space if inverted wouldnt it. could have office corporate space behind but whats the point. that corner is a great view of Hillsbourough so i want windows windows windows.

Edited by GY-owl.4

17 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

TBH neither do i. but compared to what weve got at the minute! 

but it would be a wasted space if inverted wouldnt it. could have office corporate space behind but whats the point. that corner is a great view of Hillsbourough so i want windows windows windows.

18 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Why..we would have a lot better atmos with a tight smaller ground like theirs

Because we are Sheffield Wednesday not P.NE..or Derby or Barnsley..we need a design befitting our aspirations, not against their ideas per se..and not necessarily against the smaller but better atmosphere debate..but recently there has been a post about the north stand being way ahead of its time..( yep I know it was 66 world cup funded)..but think small and neat stay small and neat..

Yet again we have debate over an issue that has never been addressed or clarified by the club or authorities. 

Is is it usable? Does it have a safety certificate? Has planning permission been put in? Are the plans still relevant? 

Just be honest DC if this is true. 

The wednesday fans will be a lot more forgiving and help - just ask. 

Imo spending any money on the  north west corner is like painting a shed you are going to replace next year anyway. 

We need to decide whether to build a new ground or rebuild Hillsborough. 

We then need to get on with it ASAP and do it properly. 

7 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

it can be done quite cheaply and still look smart like PNE.

Image result for oakwell corner stand

even this one at oakwell is not much diff' to what weve put up at the training ground.

Id have it similar to Barnsleys but squared off. bit like the stain, but it could house permanent tv boxes and media stuff, not only could it look really smart, by squaring it off it would help with segregation and a blind spot to the away end, might be enough to calm SAG down a bit so the lower tier of lepp could be used more..

would be funny as the North stand singers would have to move to the H block (as in the H on the seats cHansiri) as the C block would have restricted views for pointing etc!

Image result for corner stands in stadiums

something like this but squared off, cant think of anywhere, ibrox, hawthorns? but with way more windows.

surely all the extra floors/rooms could improve corporate weekday stuff. 

got a chance to make awesome improvements to Hillsborough here without it costing the earth,

The north stand pointers wouldnt be happy with the Barnsley onelol

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

Imo spending any money on the  north west corner is like painting a shed you are going to replace next year anyway. 

We need to decide whether to build a new ground or rebuild Hillsborough. 

We then need to get on with it ASAP and do it properly. 

I doubt anything will happen unless we reach the Premiership I’m sure DC mentioned this a while back ?