Marco Matias

Thought he was really good and the freedom he was allowed worked massively, covered every blade of grass going forward and tracking back. Great to see him looking properly fit seems motivated to get himself into a position to be a nailed on starter. He might become the player we all thought he would after THAT goal at Leeds. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He’s doing ok. His work rate is excellent. Strange how he’s keeping FF out of the side though. Makes no sense to me.

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He’s doing ok. His work rate is excellent. Strange how he’s keeping FF out of the side though. Makes no sense to me.

Think you've answered your own question there mate. It's pretty obvious that you need workrate to get into Jos' side. 'If you don't run you don't play' seems to be the loud and clear message. Still a very brave decision though for me to have FF on the bench.

Thing is I think FF is more than capable of putting a shift in as we've all seen when he's feeling a happy chappy.  I'm still hopeful of a forward line of  FF, Joao, Matias.

He was the 2nd top scorer in the Portuguese league the season before we signed him if I remember correctly, could have a very good season if he stays fit

That was his fourth consecutive start, which is his best run since he joined. I really hope his injuries are behind him. Mind you, for a fair amount of time under CC, he just seemed to stop considering him even when he was fit.

Thought he was a little disappointing today. Possibly the better of our forwards in the first half, but that's as much to say he made the least mistakes. Still, his work rate was sound enough, which certainly counts for something. I do rate him though, but it's just that he needs to be more involved, as today he really wasn't involved anything like enough.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Walt said:

Think you've answered your own question there mate. It's pretty obvious that you need workrate to get into Jos' side. 'If you don't run you don't play' seems to be the loud and clear message. Still a very brave decision though for me to have FF on the bench.

Thing is I think FF is more than capable of putting a shift in as we've all seen when he's feeling a happy chappy.  I'm still hopeful of a forward line of  FF, Joao, Matias.

Know what you are saying mate but like you said, FF works just as hard but is far more talented 

Currently lacking composure in front of goal.

His pace is electric. No big CB is going to stay with him over 10 yards. With Bannan and Reach as team-mates that means he will get plenty of through-balls for one on ones as he did yesterday and at Brentford. If he can regain the composure he must have had in that good season in Portugal he will be very useful.

Has scored one goal in the last 3 years. His last league goal was at Forest in the 3-0 in 15/16. Bound to be rusty and anxious.

Nowhere near a FF at present, but a good alternative when FF needs some R&R.

8 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Thought he was really good and the freedom he was allowed worked massively, covered every blade of grass going forward and tracking back. Great to see him looking properly fit seems motivated to get himself into a position to be a nailed on starter. He might become the player we all thought he would after THAT goal at Leeds. 

He was highlighted by CC as the main player to look out for at CCs first managers special on FH.

Personnally I not a fan.  He is too lighteweight amd everytime he goes in for a tacle I fear the worse.

He is a flair player no doubt but we need 11 grafters and especially ones who can tackle.

Do we have enough battlers to cover him Im not sure.

Bannans having to deal with alot extra workload now Jos is playing the younger ones instead of FF and Hutch, both of whom are comfortable on the ball.

He shouldn’t be criticised for not being as effective yesterday . All players have better games than others . Also he doesn’t need to be compared to ff ( there is room for both in the squad) . Im just glad he seems to be getting a run of games under his belt. In this flimsy squad, the more players available the better