Marco Matias

3 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I'd agree with that mate.

Them 3 give us a bit of everything, SF is much more aggressive in the air then AH, will get us higher up the pitch and is a more complete footballer IMO. Although you would have to concede AH has been more of a goal threat of late. 

3 minutes ago, deano said:

Them 3 give us a bit of everything, SF is much more aggressive in the air then AH, will get us higher up the pitch and is a more complete footballer IMO. Although you would have to concede AH has been more of a goal threat of late. 

Yep Nuhiu and Matias aren't bad options to have, but if we're playing 3 then those 3 for me,  maybe fletcher was tired/injured slightly yesterday. It's long season and we'll need them all at some point.

25 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He shouldn’t be criticised for not being as effective yesterday . All players have better games than others . Also he doesn’t need to be compared to ff ( there is room for both in the squad) . Im just glad he seems to be getting a run of games under his belt. In this flimsy squad, the more players available the better 

Have you had a proxac for breakfast?

• Haha 3

I’m looking forward to seeing Mathias play WITH FF, it will eventually happen. They are the two most skilful players in the team, play them both (yes I know we have to move FF from the left wing...good). If they click they could tear defences apart. FF cant always do all by himself, and sometimes he can try too hard. 

Imagine the the speed of passing and movement if they got it together, then Joa or Fletcher adding another dimension....sounds good to me.

5 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Mathias play WITH FF, it will eventually happen. They are the two most skilful players in the team, play them both (yes I know we have to move FF from the left wing...good). If they click they could tear defences apart. FF cant always do all by himself, and sometimes he can try too hard. 

Imagine the the speed of passing and movement if they got it together, then Joa or Fletcher adding another dimension....sounds good to me.

things that 'look good' on paper, oft. turn out to be 'less so' on grass, hirst and warhurst spring to mind.

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

things that 'look good' on paper, oft. turn out to be 'less so' on grass, hirst and warhurst spring to mind.

Thing is, not many are capable,of keeping up with the brain and foot speed FF, Matius is. Yesterday we lacked energy, and Jao and Nuhui always look so sluggish together.

Look at Leeds, plenty of agility and speed. Even UTD are more mobile than us. Just trying to suggest a partial solution with assets we’ve got, and I always hate the view “only room for one flair player”. 

6 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Thing is, not many are capable,of keeping up with the brain and foot speed FF, Matius is. Yesterday we lacked energy, and Jao and Nuhui always look so sluggish together.

Look at Leeds, plenty of agility and speed. Even UTD are more mobile than us. Just trying to suggest a partial solution with assets we’ve got, and I always hate the view “only room for one flair player”. 

the 'only room for one flair player' is a bit rich in this case, to mention matias in the same breath as ff is staggering.

one is a player of whom a good 90+% of teams in this division may well be interested should he be available, the other we may struggle to shift (except back home) if we had to.

ff has got 'all weather' tyres fitted, matias (so far) it seems only summer ones. ff takes some boot, it could be matias will falter if he gets that much attention (i've seen it before) they either jack, or lash out, either way they're up short.

no, at present matias STILL has a great deal to prove, fluttering in and out for around half a dozen games at either end of the season like a butterfly isn't what we need.

take him to t'lane and let him give a telling performance against the pigs, or to bellend road and do it there. 

to me as yet, matias still has a hell of a lot to prove, firstly his fitness, willingness to play on a nasty tuesday night in winter is a second, and thirdly 'championship' backbone.

Impressing me game on game, hopeful that it continues and he is keen to have a performance related contract. He sounds like he loves it here and I’d imagine he’d be keen to stay even if it was a risk / reward contract with playing / performance bonuses built in. 

For me Matias showed amazing change in attitude. From "paper thin" player, he turned into hard worker who is pressing up the field, and who is not afraid to put foot in. Could turn out to be a big player for us this season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, marble said:

'A' for effort but can't remember any end product in the final third of the pitch yesterday. Impossible to justify his inclusion over FF in my opinion, but Jos doesn't need to & sticks to his philosophy which is fair enough. 

On his day Forestieri is arguably the best player in division. But then again, he doesn't track back, and at times tends to be very selfish on the ball (almost cost us against Millwall). Could well be that it goes against Luhukay's principles, and that he is trying to knock it out of him. Just my opinion on potential reason why he is not starting.