Perspective needed - no need to freak out yet

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've said this before, but we have a sense of entitlement. We look down on Brentford because we're a 'big' club and they're not. And a lot of our fans just can't handle it when smaller clubs teach us a lesson.

But with the money spent on our team and by the fans, that sense of entitlement is justified. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've said this before, but we have a sense of entitlement. We look down on Brentford because we're a 'big' club and they're not. And a lot of our fans just can't handle it when smaller clubs teach us a lesson.

Our fans have handled that for years..........................Sodding hell!!!.... We have nigh on 2 decades of handling it...What the fans can't handle is loads of money been spaffed onj crap, while these "Smaller" clubs do it on a shoestring, year in year out...Its not the fans that assume "Sheffield Wednesday" should be better than these by doing mainly f.ook all..Its the folk that run the shambles

22 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Whilst a loss today is disappointing it was always going to happen.

Brentford are a top 8 side. We're a bottom 8 one.

Mass hysteria and panic should not happen yet. We have 3 matches upcoming against sides who will likely be in and around the bottom 8 come the end of the season. If we fail to take at least 5 points from them I'll start to worry. Before that, we need to look at the situation and see the bigger picture. We're a poo team who was bound to lose today.

Once the fan base realises we won't be anywhere near the top half this season, the better for all concerned with the club.

UTO.

We do have two winable games coming up. If we beat Millwall and Ipswich, panic may ease.

We won't be any more that a mid table side this season, that I am sure of, but it is a bit early to panic for me.

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

In what sense? Possession was 50/50 last time I checked. We gifted a good team, in rich form at home a pen and then have to change game around against one of best counter attacking teams on league? 

Their second goal im still curious where our defense was. 

For large parts of the game though we were competitive. We could have scored. I’ve watched us play lots worse than that this season let alone in years gone by. 

What I don’t get what our fans were expecting playing a top team, away, and gifting pens? 

We was lucky not to lose by 5 or 6 brentford never got out 2nd gear .offered no threat going forward and defence was pathetic .tactics allwrong .if wr went out had a go and lost least it entertaining but there no enjoyment watching that today at all

2 minutes ago, Eastern said:

We do have two winable games coming up. If we beat Millwall and Ipswich, panic may ease.

We won't be any more that a mid table side this season, that I am sure of, but it is a bit early to panic for me.

Millwall are a decent side 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Our fans have handled that for years..........................Sodding hell!!!.... We have nigh on 2 decades of handling it...What the fans can't handle is loads of money been spaffed onj crap, while these "Smaller" clubs do it on a shoestring, year in year out...Its not the fans that assume "Sheffield Wednesday" should be better than these by doing mainly f.ook all..Its the folk that run the shambles

Well DC will soon find out when the supporters start to turn on him if this club goes into Freefall.:tango:

I can't believe many here thought we had a chance today to even get a point; Brentford are certs for automatics this year, arguably going up as champions. They've pretty much steamrolled everyone already and aren't going to slow down. Chin up and continue on to the next (winnable) fixture.

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

Look at the side we finished with today.

Five kids in it - through necessity not choice. Lose FF and maybe one or two others and it’ll look even worse. 

One or two kids fine but it’s a risky situation we find ourselves in.  Especially hard for the young players if we continue to struggle. 

2 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

I can't believe many here thought we had a chance today to even get a point; Brentford are certs for automatics this year, arguably going up as champions. They've pretty much steamrolled everyone already and aren't going to slow down. Chin up and continue on to the next (winnable) fixture.

We were more than a match for them until Hutch gave away the most ridiculous penalty I can ever remember seeing.

The man was an utter disgrace today and I doubt he will ever pull on a Wednesday shirt again.

Something clearly gone on in the dressing room at half time as first Preston then Palmer and Fletcher were called off the pitch from the subs halftime warm up after only a couple of minutes.

11 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I 100% agree. I was saying the panic over relegation.

If we were to not take 4 points or so then I'd be worried of relegation. We may still be in a battle but there is no need to panic. We are poor though, and I can see why people are panicking already, but it is too early for me as well.

12 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

and Hull?

I just be happy with the manager playing his best available players in a formation they know 4-4-2

Westwood

Palmer/ lees/ Thornley/ Pudil

Boyd/ Hutch/Bannan/ Reach

Fessi/ Joao

bench Wildsmith, JVA, Jones, Fletcher, Matias, Kirby, Baker

39 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

With due respect, that we are at this point and how we have got to it, while continuing to be financially exploited to watch the most expensive football in the division, is why people are annoyed.

Saying “once the fans accept it” sounds like asking people to just quietly ignore the failings of the rest of the club while accepting how bad it’s all become. And, of course, to shut up and put up whilst funding it.

I get what you’re saying but it’s more complex than that. Today’s frustration isn’t just because we lost 2-0 to a very good side. 

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I reckon 90% of the fanbase KNOW we aren't going to be top half..Its not the f.ookin' "Fanbase" thats deluded..Its those that are running it..Which is halfway to ludicrous ..isn't it?

8 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Agreed.DC needs to realise this and pretty soon or otherwise there's a real danger that an element of the fanbase will turn on him.:tango:

I already have. In my opinion, the bloke's a footballing ignoramus and I find most stuff at the business end of the club, tacky, poorly-executed and/or ill-advised.

"But he's put millions in..." Indeed he has but if that investment lacks an educated direction, what's the point? It's like me driving past S6 and chucking a grand out of the window every couple of months.  

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Mass hysteria and panic should not happen yet. We have 3 matches upcoming against sides who will likely be in and around the bottom 8 come the end of the season. If we fail to take at least 5 points from them I'll start to worry. Before that, we need to look at the situation and see the bigger picture. We're a poo team who was bound to lose today.

Once the fan base realises we won't be anywhere near the top half this season, the better for all concerned with the club.

UTO.

yep we were bound to loose but is still hard to take, feel sorry for bannan and the youngsters.

50 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

UTO.

The person who needs to get some perspective is DC.