Perspective needed - no need to freak out yet

Whilst a loss today is disappointing it was always going to happen.

Brentford are a top 8 side. We're a bottom 8 one.

Mass hysteria and panic should not happen yet. We have 3 matches upcoming against sides who will likely be in and around the bottom 8 come the end of the season. If we fail to take at least 5 points from them I'll start to worry. Before that, we need to look at the situation and see the bigger picture. We're a poo team who was bound to lose today.

Once the fan base realises we won't be anywhere near the top half this season, the better for all concerned with the club.

UTO.

I didn’t think we were that bad today, in fact with a few notable exceptions I was shocked how competitive we were, as we’ve played a lot worse than that this season so far. 

A few of our players lost their heads at times today. I hope they keep at it and keep composure as we won’t face a team as good as that every week. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

I didn’t think we were that bad today, in fact with a few notable exceptions I was shocked how competitive we were, as we’ve played a lot worse than that this season so far. 

A few of our players lost their heads at times today. I hope they keep at it and keep composure as we won’t face a team as good as that every week. 

Ha ha ha ha are u taking wee wee mate 

Just now, Philb125 said:

3 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

In what sense? Possession was 50/50 last time I checked. We gifted a good team, in rich form at home a pen and then have to change game around against one of best counter attacking teams on league? 

Their second goal im still curious where our defense was. 

For large parts of the game though we were competitive. We could have scored. I’ve watched us play lots worse than that this season let alone in years gone by. 

What I don’t get what our fans were expecting playing a top team, away, and gifting pens? 

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Mass hysteria and panic should not happen yet. We have 3 matches upcoming against sides who will likely be in and around the bottom 8 come the end of the season. If we fail to take at least 5 points from them I'll start to worry. Before that, we need to look at the situation and see the bigger picture. We're a poo team who was bound to lose today.

Once the fan base realises we won't be anywhere near the top half this season, the better for all concerned with the club.

UTO.

I reckon 90% of the fanbase KNOW we aren't going to be top half..Its not the f.ookin' "Fanbase" thats deluded..Its those that are running it..Which is halfway to ludicrous ..isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

UTO.

its not about people realizing  we won't finish in the top 8.

most people know that .

its about the fact we will be lucky to stop up if something isn't done.

But of course its our fault that we have had a bad start for knowing this situation isn't going to get any better with JL in charge.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

UTO.

It seems you went in to today's game EXPECTING defeat, I would class that as cause for concern 

Whilst I agree that it's too early to start panicking, it doesn't look great does it?

Admittedly, Brentford are no mugs, but we've hardly played the best 3 sides in this division have we, yet we only have 1 point.

Not good enough.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

In what sense? Possession was 50/50 last time I checked. We gifted a good team, in rich form at home a pen and then have to change game around against one of best counter attacking teams on league? 

Their second goal im still curious where our defense was. 

For large parts of the game though we were competitive. We could have scored. I’ve watched us play lots worse than that this season let alone in years gone by. 

What I don’t get what our fans were expecting playing a top team, away, and gifting pens? 

They could have easily had 6 if it wasn’t for poor finishing and decision making. 

We were second to every ball yet again. 

Expected to lose but that performance was shocking.

I don’t think anyone is freaking out, just people calling it like it is.

Weve played Wigan, Hull and Brentford..and for 1 point

The players look confused, the tactics seem to come from a tactical randomizing machine and Jos’ only solution seems to throw another sub-par kid into the mix. 

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Whilst i'm with ya for the no need for mass hysteria or panic,the fact that yet again this place underestimates teams that we have to play frankly winds me up more that the eleventy threads about Jos/Chansiri/Team etc.

I've said this before, but we have a sense of entitlement. We look down on Brentford because we're a 'big' club and they're not. And a lot of our fans just can't handle it when smaller clubs teach us a lesson.

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No no no.

Everyone out

Chansiri out

Jos out

Players put

Bullen out

Tea lady out 

Ozzie out

All a disgrace

In

Some rich local billionaire 

Mccarthy,  Allardyce. The Fulham bloke.

Messi. Ramos. Ben Marshall. 

Ozzie out?

No.

I'll personally kick that rascal Barney out the side door, though.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I reckon 90% of the fanbase KNOW we aren't going to be top half..Its not the f.ookin' "Fanbase" thats deluded..Its those that are running it..Which is halfway to ludicrous ..isn't it?

Agreed.DC needs to realise this and pretty soon or otherwise there's a real danger that an element of the fanbase will turn on him.:tango: