Perspective needed - no need to freak out yet

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

With due respect, that we are at this point and how we have got to it, while continuing to be financially exploited to watch the most expensive football in the division, is why people are annoyed.

Saying “once the fans accept it” sounds like asking people to just quietly ignore the failings of the rest of the club while accepting how bad it’s all become. And, of course, to shut up and put up whilst funding it.

I get what you’re saying but it’s more complex than that. Today’s frustration isn’t just because we lost 2-0 to a very good side. 

One big problem we have is we have too many soft fans who will happily take the garbage and accept anything, never wanting to raise the bar. As much as it kills me to say this, do you honestly believe Leeds fans or them lot across the city, for example, would put up with a mess of this proportion? 

And on another note, in my opinion, the so called threats and abuse line was a complete over exaggerated defence tactic by Chansiri to deter away from his failings as owner of the club.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've said this before, but we have a sense of entitlement. We look down on Brentford because we're a 'big' club and they're not. And a lot of our fans just can't handle it when smaller clubs teach us a lesson.

This is true,winds me up no end,this thing that this place has about us belittling everyone who doesn't get 20,000 fans at home,don't get it,never will.

24 minutes ago, S6 Stroller said:

I already have. In my opinion, the bloke's a footballing ignoramus and I find most stuff at the business end of the club, tacky, poorly-executed and/or ill-advised.

"But he's put millions in..." Indeed he has but if that investment lacks an educated direction, what's the point? It's like me driving past S6 and chucking a grand out of the window every couple of months.  

Great Post that.that just about sums up what going wrong at S6.:tango:

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Our fans have handled that for years..........................Sodding hell!!!.... We have nigh on 2 decades of handling it...What the fans can't handle is loads of money been spaffed onj crap, while these "Smaller" clubs do it on a shoestring, year in year out...Its not the fans that assume "Sheffield Wednesday" should be better than these by doing mainly f.ook all..Its the folk that run the shambles

Agreed. But I can't see that the weekly meltdowns achieve anything. Maybe we need to start acknowledging our diminished circumstances, recognising that teams like Brentford are beating us on merit and accepting that these sorts of games are the now the norm  rather than lashing out against the players, the manager and the owner every time we fail to win.

7 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Agreed. But I can't see that the weekly meltdowns achieve anything. Maybe we need to start acknowledging our diminished circumstances, recognising that teams like Brentford are beating us on merit and accepting that these sorts of games are the now the norm  rather than lashing out against the players, the manager and the owner every time we fail to win.

How do you expect the fans to acknowledge our "diminished" circumstances when the Owner more or less says We have to go up this year?

the prices haven't been diminished 

maybe if Chansiri had fronted up in the first place

and simply said it's going to be s hard season etc etc

our hopes would have been set at a reasonable level

Edited by asteener1867

Fletcher needs to be starting. Our best centre forward, very smart player who with a run of games could hit some form 

We knew this would be a transition time for us so get ready for a long season, I just hope we have enough to stay up as I really can’t be fekked with another season in L1

I'm not defending the owner. 99% of our problems ultimately originate from his poor decision making and lack of understanding of English football.

Maybe I'm too much of a pragmatist but we are where we are and jumping on the outrage bus every weekend isn't going to change that. All I can really do is try and stay positive, keep my expectations modest and hope that Jos manages to grind out some results with meagre resources and that Chansiri has learned from his mistakes.

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

We do have two winable games coming up. If we beat Millwall and Ipswich, panic may ease.

We won't be any more that a mid table side this season, that I am sure of, but it is a bit early to panic for me.

Millwall aren't a bad side, i think we will struggle to beat them.

59 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

One big problem we have is we have too many soft fans who will happily take the garbage and accept anything, never wanting to raise the bar. As much as it kills me to say this, do you honestly believe Leeds fans or them lot across the city, for example, would put up with a mess of this proportion? 

And on another note, in my opinion, the so called threats and abuse line was a complete over exaggerated defence tactic by Chansiri to deter away from his failings as owner of the club.

Spot on regarding our fans accepting sh!te

9 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Millwall aren't a bad side, i think we will struggle to beat them.

Agreed.Unlucky not to make the Play-offs last season.Will be up there this season unlike ourselves where staying in the Championship will be considered success given our financial constaints. :tango: