The players are a disgrace

Tin hat at the ready.... we’re we really that bad? I expected to lose and to be worse losing. I’m actually surprised it was only 2:0 and that other than the pen in first half it was fairly even. 

With a few notable exceptions I thought it’s the most competitive we’ve looked this season. Against a team that are likely top six material. 

The chopping and changing isn’t filling me with confidence but I think we’ve looked better each game this season and after a few better results I’m hoping the confidence is back in some players who look very scared at present. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Tin hat at the ready.... we’re we really that bad? I expected to lose and to be worse losing. I’m actually surprised it was only 2:0 and that other than the pen in first half it was fairly even. 

With a few notable exceptions I thought it’s the most competitive we’ve looked this season. Against a team that are likely top six material. 

The chopping and changing isn’t filling me with confidence but I think we’ve looked better each game this season and after a few better results I’m hoping the confidence is back in some players who look very scared at present. 

Yes.

That is incorrect we played a good team and did reasonably well some good performances. We lacked a centre forward with athleticism if we had this certain of different outcome.

Jpos indicated we would have fluid style and we changed shape I do not think this is bad thing. Lots of young players and some did very well.

Sorry Phil, I have to disagree. That was shambolic. They had so many one on ones that we could have been hit for 7.

We looked second best all over the field and in every way you could think of. Disorganized, disjointed, lacking desire or ambition. Not at all sure what our tactics were supposed to be, but a team of relative unknowns on much lower wages tore us apart - they are hardworking and play together as a team, while we looked like strangers picked up from a local park. And that's all down to the manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daz said:

...but a team of relative unknowns on much lower wages tore us apart...

We should not lose sight of the fact that 8 of the 18 in our squad today were Academy players this time last season. It is simply unfair to assume that we are better than teams like Brentford with the players we have right now. I'm afraid a struggle to stay up is very much on the cards for us.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We should not lose sight of the fact that 8 of the 18 in our squad today were Academy players this time last season. It is simply unfair to assume that we are better than teams like Brentford with the players we have right now. I'm afraid a struggle to stay up is very much on the cards for us.

Aye, can't disagree with this 

We've seen it a million times... team of overpaid over-the-hump players mixed with academy players thrown into the deep end about 6 months too early... it's the anatomy of a relegation team. At least one every season is like it. 

You make a good point DJ, and I'm not assuming anything other than we looked like a bunch of strangers with non-existent organization and they wanted it much more than we did. At the very least, I'd expect a good coach to organize us, make us compete and to motivate them enough to get in opponent's faces throughout the game. We achieved none of these sadly.

The players and performances are a reflection of how the club is being run at the moment.

That's what happens when you don't have a plan to replace your ridiculously stupid plan.

I fear for the damage this will do our young prospects.

Give them a break please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

The players and performances are a reflection of how the club is being run at the moment.

That's what happens when you don't have a plan to replace your ridiculously stupid plan.

I’ve been thinking that this is the worst possible time to blood young players. They’re going to feel the pressure the most, justified or not. 

14 minutes ago, Daz said:

Sorry Phil, I have to disagree. That was shambolic. They had so many one on ones that we could have been hit for 7.

We looked second best all over the field and in every way you could think of. Disorganized, disjointed, lacking desire or ambition. Not at all sure what our tactics were supposed to be, but a team of relative unknowns on much lower wages tore us apart - they are hardworking and play together as a team, while we looked like strangers picked up from a local park. And that's all down to the manager.

I made it six not seven 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Difficult to argue too much with this. Chansiri gambled everything on promotion with a somewhat scatter gun approach of spending plenty on attacking players with little thought about the long term or defensive positions. When that failed, we had nothing left to fall back on and we are now standing on the precipice with empty pockets and spirits in decline.

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday

Watching Brighton now.....how football fortunes and management from all areas has changed both clubs massively in 2 seasons !