The players are a disgrace

41 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Gutless, passionless, cowardly, lazy, weak and ultimately crap at football and remember we the fans must take the blame for this. 

I think this is unfair. 

I suspect we’ve all played in teams that have been set up wrong etc. No way  should we have tried to take on Brentford without a midfield. This one is on Jos.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

8 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’ve been thinking that this is the worst possible time to blood young players. They’re going to feel the pressure the most, justified or not. 

Correct.

It's great for the future of the club that we have several youngsters breaking through into the first team. However asking them to perform regularly during a run of poor results which could extend into a relegation battle, poor team spirit, frustration & negativity in the crowd will only destroy their confidence & stall their development.

15 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I reckon the team had some bad news either yesterday or before the game today. Looking back the heads were down from the very start.

Also think there were handbags at halftime. Could be wrong but something was off today.

Losing Reach in the warm-up was a blow.

I don't believe that the players are a disgrace.  If ' Colin ' had our players ..... we would be top six . Our squad is decent.  Our coach is as cheap as they come . Not his fault . 

Our owner has received terrible advice on every level .

Every week seems to bring a new PR disaster. 

1 minute ago, Kernow_Blu said:

I don't believe that the players are a disgrace.  If ' Colin ' had our players ..... we would be top six . Our squad is decent. 

Really !?

:ohmy:

Our defenders are Tom Lees and then a selection from Liam Palmer, Daniel Pudil, Morgan Fox, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Jordan Thorniley, Ashley Baker, Frederik Nielsen, Matt Penney, Connor O'Grady, Jack Lee and Alex Hunt.

Half of that lot put together have got a few hours more experience playing in the Championship than I do.

6 minutes ago, Kernow_Blu said:

I don't believe that the players are a disgrace.  If ' Colin ' had our players ..... we would be top six . Our squad is decent.  Our coach is as cheap as they come . Not his fault . 

Our owner has received terrible advice on every level .

Every week seems to bring a new PR disaster. 

Colin would out 90% of this squad, he likes players with a strong mentality mixed with ball carrying athletes. Our squad is the complete opposite of that.

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Colin would out 90% of this squad, he likes players with a strong mentality mixed with ball carrying athletes. Our squad is the complete opposite of that.

True. But still, he's the type of manager who can get a bang average group of players playing as a proper, competitive unit. As is Mick McCarthy.

Really don't think Jos is. 

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Really !?

:ohmy:

Our defenders are Tom Lees and then a selection from Liam Palmer, Daniel Pudil, Morgan Fox, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Jordan Thorniley, Ashley Baker, Frederik Nielsen, Matt Penney, Connor O'Grady, Jack Lee and Alex Hunt.

Half of that lot put together have got a few hours more experience playing in the Championship than I do.

I always thought top clubs defend as a team . Did you tip Cardiff to go up at the start of last season. 

Colin is a top ' Championship manager '  .... JL looks like a dinosaur.  We're only going one way under this non motivator. 

And don't get me started on Westwood. 

I am sorry guys but it's gone on long enough now this team needs a big kick up the arse they need tearing into by the likes of McCarthy or big Sam. No way would they not know they have fizzed up today if one of them were in charge. I know we can't afford it but I can't afford to take my boy anymore to support by beloved club with these ridiculous prices and why would i want to with things as they are. Everything is a complete shambles and will only get worse. Most of this squad it will be their last season with us due to the ffp poo we are in so how are they going to bother fighting for the shirt and do their best for us. If a player gets too scared playing in front of a large crowd they should be shipped of to play for Bournemouth with 10k a game !!!!!!!!

We lack aggression and drive 

as soon as we start getting the ball higher up the pitch and pressing higher the better 

bannan is our most creative player and he’s playing 40 yard balls we try playing out from the back giving teams plenty of time to reshape and get their breaths instead of getting the ball quickly to our creative players higher up the pitch 

I keep saying the first year under Carlos we was hungry and attacked quickickly and closed players down all over the park 

now we sit back and are too slow to attack a complete mismanagement of this team 

the times our creativity are helping out the defence is unreal 

it should be the other way around 

we must be one of the easiest teams to play against and we look drained of confidence and 1 point against hull Wigan and Brentford looks like it’s going to be a long season the results need to change before the rot kicks in 

Edited by fpowl

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

We lack aggression and drive 

as soon as we start getting the ball higher up the pitch and pressing higher the better 

bannan is our most creative player and he’s playing 40 yard balls we try playing out from the back giving teams plenty of time to reshape and get their breaths instead of getting the ball quickly to our creative players higher up the pitch 

I keep saying the first year under Carlos we was hungry and attacked quickickly and closed players down all over the park 

now we sit back and are too slow to attack a complete mismanagement of this team 

the times our creativity are helping out the defence is unreal 

it should be the other way around 

we must be one of the easiest teams to play against and we look drained of confidence and f

I believe we are the easiest team to play against in the the entire league. We are crap in every department we have no strengths to counteract our weaknesses. Forestieri is our only hope and we need him more than ever before.

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Because he played mainly from the left and we had 2 battling central midfielders in Hutch (or Lopez) and Lee. If Bannan plays centrally, he needs the right type of player(s) alongside.

Midfield is a huge problem at the moment. We're so weak and passive.

We need a settled system and a manager to control them, the laissez fair approach to game management is not working, needs orchestrating from the touchline. 

If our main player is having to ask the bench for guidance during the game this is worrying but getting nothing back suggests we are in trouble.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Because he played mainly from the left and we had 2 battling central midfielders in Hutch (or Lopez) and Lee. If Bannan plays centrally, he needs the right type of player(s) alongside.

Midfield is a huge problem at the moment. We're so weak and passive.

Most of us on here have been crying out for a strong central midfielder for the last three seasons. We’re still waiting!

5 hours ago, Quist said:

That is incorrect we played a good team and did reasonably well some good performances. We lacked a centre forward with athleticism if we had this certain of different outcome.

Jpos indicated we would have fluid style and we changed shape I do not think this is bad thing. Lots of young players and some did very well.

It was a terrible performance by everyone bar the keeper and bannan.

who do you think performed well other than them?

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

They look completely and utterly bemused. 

Three league games, three totally difference defensive line-ups

Much the same as the start of last season. Wonder if DC  will let our season go down the crapper again before he makes a change ?