#SWFC Player Ratings (official ones from Opta)

1 minute ago, mark77 said:

Reach's final ball in the last third was very poor (with the exception of the Fletcher chance). On numerous occasions he got into great positions and lost the ball. Might just be me but for the money we paid he needs to have an end product.

No-ones saying he's a world beater, but we have what we have...Fletcher should have buried that chance...Every cross is not going to be pinpoint, but that 1 should have brought the points home

Just now, asteener1867 said:

No-ones saying he's a world beater, but we have what we have...Fletcher should have buried that chance...Every cross is not going to be pinpoint, but that 1 should have brought the points home

Totally agree, however my point was about Reach. On more than one occasion he found himself one on one in the final third and lost possession. I'm not saying he was poor, I just can't say he was as good as people made out.

I thought Thorniley and Baker were very solid today.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 hours ago, akbuk said:

Reach was more than good ,Thornily should play left side CB and Hutch should replace Pelupussy 

I’m a Reach fan but sorry he was awful yesterday. Ran down blind alleys, lost the ball on a regular basis and his final pass was poor especially in the first half. For me, he plays on the left side or not at all.

All down to personal opinion

I was impressed with fletchers all round game but with the 3 chances he had he must stick one in (the final header miss was the type of chance you expect him to put in the back of the net) - MoM for me if he would have scored one

was really impressed with thornily, game changed when he came on, felt a lot more secure and in control 

Thought the whole team played pretty well, especially second half, unlucky not to get the 3 points 

I genuinely don't think we were that bad especially 2nd half

For me Fletcher's misses were key if he'd buried one of them we win the match and the mood on here is totally different 

If DAVE had missed those chances he'd have got pelters the only defence for Fletcher is it was his first start for 8 months
he might be fit but he ain't match fit or match sharp but at least he was getting into those positions.

There keeper made 2 or 3 cracking saves coupled with Fletcher's misses on another day that game finishes 4 or 5 - 1 and

were all delighted

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I don't see why Fletcher can be excused cos he was out for months. Surely to kick the ball towards the white posts sticking out of the ground is something he should be able to do if he is capable of running onto the pitch?

He is an experienced striker. He should at least hit the target. 

I did not say he should be excused, but he could use in his defence that he had not played much and we all know sharpness improves with game time. I agree he should have done better with chances he had.

On 11/08/2018 at 17:03, @owlstalk said:

DkVLRQ5W4AECGT8.jpg

That score for Fletcher is ridiculous.

If it is only about finishing then fairy snuff but if it is about leading the line, getting to most headers and giving us options then they are nonesense.

Other than hit the target Fletcher played well.

1 minute ago, 33 said:

That score for Fletcher is ridiculous.

If it is only about finishing then fairy snuff but if it is about leading the line, getting to most headers and giving us options then they are nonesense.

Other than hit the target Fletcher played well.

It's Opta Index scores so whatever they use  (I'm not sure personally what they score)

Owlstalk Shop

Opta marks count actual stats and do not put any preconceived ideas into the mix. Ok there are other factors to consider, like the Pelupessy passes were normally, very short range and his tackling, running, long passing etc rarely led to anything spectacular, but I thought Reach had a good game especially as he had to play most of the game on his weakest side. If we had played him on his strongest side he would have been our highest scoring player. In my book he Bannan and Forestieri were equally effective and Baker's game was at least a couple of points in front of Morgan Foxes as far as effectiveness, alertness, tackles made and passes completed. Baker made a couple of crucial tackles, including one in the first half which would have been a sending off or a penalty if the timing was just slightly out.

Ah well. We need a few more 7's and an 8 or two if we are going to win a few more games this season, lets hope those higher scores come quickly.

Maybe if we play Reach on the left, Hutchinson on the right of defence and Lees back in the middle, Lees, Hutch and Pudil will score higher. Pudil and Lees having to cover for Hutch and pudil also having to cover for Fox, obviously does not go for/against Opta ratings either! 

12 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m a Reach fan but sorry he was awful yesterday. Ran down blind alleys, lost the ball on a regular basis and his final pass was poor especially in the first half. For me, he plays on the left side or not at all.

The neutral, objective Opta, basically say he was joint Man of the match, you say he was crap and I saw what I saw.

Wasn't his best game to be fair, but if anything was going to happen 2nd half, it was going to come through Reach.