Another pathetic manager

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's a good job social media wasn't about when Sir Jack tool over in 1976, some fans would have been marching on Hillsboro with flaming torches screaming " Burn the Monster".

13 games before we got going?

But didnt the "Lyons" Roar after that though? lol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You make good points mate. However, Carlos had Westwood, Loovens and Hunt in his defence. Our current defensive line and system looks massively short of quality.  Hull could have been 3 up at half time. 

This.

Also could rely on Sasso who is much better than Van Aken.

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t dispute that we’ve recruited in the wrong areas. However, post Wembley we needed to replace Loovens, so we can’t really bemoan his loss now Likewise, not sure that losing Hunt will have made much difference Injuries to Lee and Hooper are significant of course Basically, embargo, or no embargo, Jos has to get us up there challenging

Agree. Bit he only has the players he has. The debate whether anyone else could do better with that group of players is pointless and all subjective

30 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You make good points mate. However, Carlos had Westwood, Loovens and Hunt in his defence. Our current defensive line and system looks massively short of quality.  Hull could have been 3 up at half time. 

In fairness Jos could have Westwood if he wanted.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness Jos could have Westwood if he wanted.

That's if you really believe the whole "Westwood is third choice" thing...

Personally, I don't. 

Think those above Jos are making that decision for him. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
27 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's a good job social media wasn't about when Sir Jack tool over in 1976, some fans would have been marching on Hillsboro with flaming torches screaming " Burn the Monster".

Comparing Jos to Big Jack

LOL

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Agree. Bit he only has the players he has. The debate whether anyone else could do better with that group of players is pointless and all subjective

Yes, pointless and irrelevant, as no change is likely while we are financially hamstrung.

Jos does have to step up though Unrealistically, DC expects promotion, more realistically, my expectations are, playing exciting football, and perhaps a top half finish The Norwich game gave us a taster of what was possible, but now with virtually the same players, Jos has reverted to type Personally, I won’t put up with the grim attritional stuff, I didn’t when Carlos turned to it in his second season, and I won’t accept it from Jos

He’s had enough games now, his selections are just bizarre. 

What was he doing in pre season?!? Why are we still chopping and changing formation, he’s playing players out of position consistently..

With the players available we should have the first 11 nailed down before a ball was kicked at Wigan....so frustrating.

Fox

Palmer

Pelupessy

Van Aken

The above are no where near good enough. We all know it, Jos should as well...no excuses.

Not picking and playing Westwood is a disgrace, don’t care wether it’s coming from the boardroom or Jos’ idea rubbish Man management.

I gave him the benefit when he came in of having to play 5 defenders just to stabilise us but now it’s ridiculous.

Jos negative approach & bizarre formations will cost us plenty of points this season.

I don’t expect silky total football....but I’d like to see the player look like they know each other....first half yesterday was awful.

Need to improve massively in his approach to English football for me.

• Thanks 1

He's makes the fans question him when he's always chopping and changing ... especially after we ended last sseason so well.

Not sure about 3 in attack. It leaves us lightweight in midfield and we only have bannan that can create or do something with the ball. cat struggling to get involved as each game comes and with klee injured we miss his energy and guile getting up and down.

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

He's makes the fans question him when he's always chopping and changing ... especially after we ended last sseason so well.

Not sure about 3 in attack. It leaves us lightweight in midfield and we only have bannan that can create or do something with the ball. cat struggling to get involved as each game comes and with klee injured we miss his energy and guile getting up and down.

We can sacrifice a man at the back, even with five at the back, we don’t look anymore secure, but lose so much in attack

2 hours ago, Owl_80 said:

I expect we'll hold on to this run-of-the-mill manager like we always hold on to them until the season is dead or we're even worse relegated. :rolleyes:

We're not helped of course by the thousands of happy clapping Wednesdayites who will put up with anything no matter how bad it gets and back the manager with their dying breath.

A Wednesday manager has to almost commit murder to get the chop at our club.

Get rid now he's not up to it and never was. :angry:

Go to Mick McCarthy's house and beg him on our bended knees to be our manager.

He knows this league inside out, is a player motivator, uses good sensible tactics and can no doubt recognise a great goalkeeper when he sees one unlike the current incumbent.

As I keep saying. In the 20 league game Luhukay was in charge last season, he got 3 points more than McCarthy did at Ipswich despite an incredible injury situation and a team that was getting accustomed to losing. And loads of their fans wanted rid of him for many of the same reasons being put forward for our manager.

"“The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

To be quite honest Pep Guardiola would struggle with DC’s system of running a football club. I don’t get the Westwood treatment, the radio fiasco, player contracts and the club’s (which in effect is DC) application of FFP rules.

Other than for that, my optimism is unblemished. WTF:

35 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

He’s had enough games now, his selections are just bizarre. 

What was he doing in pre season?!? Why are we still chopping and changing formation, he’s playing players out of position consistently..

With the players available we should have the first 11 nailed down before a ball was kicked at Wigan....so frustrating.

Fox

Palmer

Pelupessy

Van Aken

The above are no where near good enough. We all know it, Jos should as well...no excuses.

Not picking and playing Westwood is a disgrace, don’t care wether it’s coming from the boardroom or Jos’ idea rubbish Man management.

I gave him the benefit when he came in of having to play 5 defenders just to stabilise us but now it’s ridiculous.

Jos negative approach & bizarre formations will cost us plenty of points this season.

I don’t expect silky total football....but I’d like to see the player look like they know each other....first half yesterday was awful.

Need to improve massively in his approach to English football for me.

Problem is the 4 players you mention above are in our squad. We have no money to replace with better. End of.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Only Pelupessy is a Jos signing.

Hes working with players Carlos signed. And unfortunately half of those players are poo or past it. 

Jos is not the man to point the finger at for our troubles.

That's what I thought until he picked Fox yesterday.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Gotta love Owlstalk, 53 negs that Jos is useless and then 6 pages of the same people saying he's useless and getting plussed!

Trouble with this site pal, is that people don't like being told the truth, even when it's staring them in the face.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Trouble with this site pal, is that people don't like being told the truth, even when it's staring them in the face.

Shows the amount of confusion in the whole club doesn't it?

Theres an argument that he hasn't got the tools to do the job, and a reasonable counterpoint that he has SOME tools but is not using them properly.

yesterday for instance, the second half was improved by a forced sub, Fox getting himself injured, Thornily coming on and playing more positively, whether that sent Reach over to the left more, I dunno, but he had wandered about for long enough, FF came into the game, and we should have won in the end.

The fletcher sub I presume was due to fatigue, Matias looked lively, but didn't have long enough.

I simply found the initial set up too timid

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Comparing Jos to Big Jack

LOL

Tell me, were you around in the 1970's?.

If you were then you would remember the truly awful time it was for SWFC.

If you think we are in a financial mess now, then compared to then, we are Rich, we did not even have enough money to literally cut the grass, it took a supporter to get down to the ground and do that.

'Sir' Jack came along when we were getting gates below 9k, took the job, even though it looked hopeless, kept us up in his 1st 'Part' season, then using the young players from within the club, began the long journey back, began to bring in journeyman players, because the club could not afford his 1st choice players eg, 'Sir' Jack wanted Ronnie Moore, but the club would/could not pay the £100k asking price, and so bought Andy Mculloch for £60k instead, and in that time some fans were calling for him to be sacked.

Does all this sound familiar to you.

I have watched Football and Wednesday in particular for the past 50 yrs, and I found that nothing is new.

In all my time of watching Wednesday, all that I have wanted is to see the club run as a professional Sporting business, sadly it has not happened yet, it has always been run on a knee jerk, ad hoc basis.

So, in answer to your question, yes, I am comparing Jos to 'Sir' Jack.