Another pathetic manager

Guest Grez Bez

It takes time. He's inherited a side that is badly misshapen.

He's under a transfer embargo so can't change that. Give him time to build his own team...

6 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

He's under a transfer embargo so can't change that.

Not according to one chap on praise on grumble!

"We can't play this wing backs. We need better ones"

"I'm sure Luhukay would have loved to have brought some players in and wingback is an area I'm certain he was looking at. But he's not been allowed to with the club under a transfer embargo has he"

"Well he should have"

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, brando said:

very,very true Wigan and Hull 2 of the poorer teams and weve scraped a point we need to change summat and quickly

Did you go today bud??, I had to go rescue two 13 week old ferret Jill's, so wasn't able, were we that bad?? Or was it a case that we just failed to convert our chances, not having a go, just was wondering what the actual view was, as the right up seemed to assess us as not great to start... (nothing unusual there) took control but failed to convert our chances and were unlucky not to get all three points. 

What so called manager has to have a sheet of paper to give a press conference?.

Who is he really ? but don't forget he cost more then CC, yep pull the other one.

We ( The Fans) are being treat like mugs, just over 2 seasons ago with had 1 of the best keepers in the league, Westwood is better then the other 2 keepers put together but can.t get in the team.

I've always felt it but Wednesday fans never seem to do anything about it apart from sat on their keyboards and moan about it on here, at least we could chant Westwood name at the next home game and let Jos know we're not happy about it. Sorry forgot he a yes/no man and has not got a say what happen at the club, he must feel like he won the lotto.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Really?

In goal and up front we've got quality and options. But everywhere else in the squad we are either mediocre, lacking in depth, or both. Injuries to a couple of Lees, Bannan and Forestieri would leave us with something not far short of a League One team.

Ok when all fit then

Firstly he’s inherited a real mess. A squad that was generally unfit, lacking in physicality, pace and power (basic requirements to be successful in this league) and in general an ageing squad with players who are past their best.

Secondly he is unable to recruit from outside the club so he’s having to find solutions from within which in itself is difficult with the knowledge that he could lose players at any time due to the P&S situation.

He had a reputation in Germany as an individual who was no nonsense and didn’t stand for interference from the people above him. There’s one or two issues that have suggested that this has happened (Hirst/Westwood?) but despite this he’s stayed firm in his post. I believe this is probably down to a combination of being on a lucrative contract and being out of the game for the best part of two years prior to coming here?

Is he the man for the job? If we were genuinely geared up for a promotion tilt and given his track record of promotions in Germany then maybe? The fact is the job is no longer the job it was at the outset of Chansiri’s time as chairman/owner. This period reminds me of Laws’ time in charge where he was trying to keep our heads above water with precious little support from above but eventually the waves engulfed him and he ended up drowning.

Arguably Lukuhay’s got it tougher because he’s unable to enter the market though he does have a greater base of quality to work with than Laws had. I’m unsure if Lukuhay has the staying power to handle this current situation and he’s certainly not to blame for it but he doesn’t help himself at times with tactics and selections that don’t work and haven’t done for years and coming across to supporters in interviews as someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing or doesn’t know what’s happening at the club in general?

The squad needs freshening up both in personnel and approach but for reasons stated above it’s a real struggle/impossibility to do this now. Perhaps his only option is to gamble with the kids as we don’t know for certain what his squad will look like on September 1st and the kids maybe all he is left with? 

In summary it it looks like a desperate situation where Championship survival would be probably deemed a success but I just can’t see Lukuhay lasting the season unless he gets assurances and help from those above him?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Did you go today bud??, I had to go rescue two 13 week old ferret Jill's, so wasn't able, were we that bad?? Or was it a case that we just failed to convert our chances, not having a go, just was wondering what the actual view was, as the right up seemed to assess us as not great to start... (nothing unusual there) took control but failed to convert our chances and were unlucky not to get all three points. 

yes got a season ticket cocka,true we missed a couple chances in the 2nd half but Hull imo could have been out of sight in the 1st half,worrying tactics again,was better than at Wigan,we really should have got a hammering there,but there doesn't seem to be any belief on the pitch,seems to be back foot from the off,we ought to have had a real go at home to Hull,confidence seems to be non existent and at home to the likes of Hull it shouldn't be in my opinion

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Only Pelupessy is a Jos signing.

Hes working with players Carlos signed. And unfortunately half of those players are poo or past it. 

Jos is not the man to point the finger at for our troubles.

The signing of Pelupessy is itself a worry.

If Jos can't see, like everyone else can, that he's not up to standard then that's a worry too.

15 hours ago, Ridgeback owl said:

According to many on here we were going to be top by the time the first 4 ( easy win) games had gone , 2 games in and it already looks like it could be a hard season. Does anyone on here think that Jos will last the season or will DC hold on for too long like he did with CC ?

I expect we'll hold on to this run-of-the-mill manager like we always hold on to them until the season is dead or we're even worse relegated. :rolleyes:

We're not helped of course by the thousands of happy clapping Wednesdayites who will put up with anything no matter how bad it gets and back the manager with their dying breath.

A Wednesday manager has to almost commit murder to get the chop at our club.

Get rid now he's not up to it and never was. :angry:

Go to Mick McCarthy's house and beg him on our bended knees to be our manager.

He knows this league inside out, is a player motivator, uses good sensible tactics and can no doubt recognise a great goalkeeper when he sees one unlike the current incumbent.

4 hours ago, gaz62uk said:

What so called manager has to have a sheet of paper to give a press conference?.

Who is he really ? but don't forget he cost more then CC, yep pull the other one.

We ( The Fans) are being treat like mugs, just over 2 seasons ago with had 1 of the best keepers in the league, Westwood is better then the other 2 keepers put together but can.t get in the team.

I've always felt it but Wednesday fans never seem to do anything about it apart from sat on their keyboards and moan about it on here, at least we could chant Westwood name at the next home game and let Jos know we're not happy about it. Sorry forgot he a yes/no man and has not got a say what happen at the club, he must feel like he won the lotto.

What a load of guff

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I think Jos is Joeys dad

BUT...the most ridiculous thing he has ever done is give a starting shirt to Fox

..simply how does anyone think that's a good idea??? Worst signing since Beswetherick

Who else does he play there at the minute?

11 minutes ago, Owl_80 said:

I expect we'll hold on to this run-of-the-mill manager like we always hold on to them until the season is dead or we're even worse relegated. :rolleyes:

We're not helped of course by the thousands of happy clapping Wednesdayites who will put up with anything no matter how bad it gets and back the manager with their dying breath.

A Wednesday manager has to almost commit murder to get the chop at our club.

Get rid now he's not up to it and never was. :angry:

Go to Mick McCarthy's house and beg him on our bended knees to be our manager.

He knows this league inside out, is a player motivator, uses good sensible tactics and can no doubt recognise a great goalkeeper when he sees one unlike the current incumbent.

FFS

10 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Overall today we were cr#p....a season playing like today and we will be relegated...yet again we just put up with it...

Didn't go to many games last season then?

It was an improvement on a lot performances from last season, especially second half, we'll face better teams than Hull this season but we'll also face weaker, I didn't think they were too bad. 

We will play far worse at some stage this season and win.

23 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

The signing of Pelupessy is itself a worry.

If Jos can't see, like everyone else can, that he's not up to standard then that's a worry too.

Yeah. Fergie never signed duds either. Its one signing who cost us peanuts

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Until he came here he'd worked 3 months in 4 years.

He fit the bill perfectly. Desperate for a job and would do what he's told.