Another pathetic manager

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Tell me, were you around in the 1970's?.

If you were then you would remember the truly awful time it was for SWFC.

If you think we are in a financial mess now, then compared to then, we are Rich, we did not even have enough money to literally cut the grass, it took a supporter to get down to the ground and do that.

'Sir' Jack came along when we were getting gates below 9k, took the job, even though it looked hopeless, kept us up in his 1st 'Part' season, then using the young players from within the club, began the long journey back, began to bring in journeyman players, because the club could not afford his 1st choice players eg, 'Sir' Jack wanted Ronnie Moore, but the club would/could not pay the £100k asking price, and so bought Andy Mculloch for £60k instead, and in that time some fans were calling for him to be sacked.

Does all this sound familiar to you.

I have watched Football and Wednesday in particular for the past 50 yrs, and I found that nothing is new.

In all my time of watching Wednesday, all that I have wanted is to see the club run as a professional Sporting business, sadly it has not happened yet, it has always been run on a knee jerk, ad hoc basis.

So, in answer to your question, yes, I am comparing Jos to 'Sir' Jack.

Yes, I was.

Pretty much ever present at home games since 1972. I was only a young lad then - but I knew just how important it was to us as a club when we beat Southend to avoid the 4th Division. And of course I remember Big Jack - and of course I remember him being hampered by a board who would refuse to spend any money. 

All Ive ever wanted is for us to be run well as a club - in all that time. Sadly, even McGee didnt run us that well and the desperation to keep Hillsborough being chosen for semi finals for a much needed annual cash boost led to corners being cut.

Only Dave Richards ever ran us like a top club, in all of that time. And won us trophies. And bought us players the likes of which weve never seen since

Milan did a great job of preparing us for sale - and sadly it looks like this takeover is more Portsmouth than Leicester.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Yes, I was.

Pretty much ever present at home games since 1972. I was only a young lad then - but I knew just how important it was to us as a club when we beat Southend to avoid the 4th Division. And of course I remember Big Jack - and of course I remember him being hampered by a board who would refuse to spend any money. 

All Ive ever wanted is for us to be run well as a club - in all that time. Sadly, even McGee didnt run us that well and the desperation to keep Hillsborough being chosen for semi finals for a much needed annual cash boost led to corners being cut.

Only Dave Richards ever ran us like a top club, in all of that time. And won us trophies. And bought us players the likes of which weve never seen since

Milan did a great job of preparing us for sale - and sadly it looks like this takeover is more Portsmouth than Leicester.

I am truly sorry to disagree with on this.

Dave Richards has to go down as the worst Chairman in the history of the club while I have been watching them.

Yes, he was Chairman when we won our only national trophy in 80 years, but he inherited a well run club/business and instead of continuing to invest in the infrastructure of the club, Scouting, Yth development and ground improverments to grow the business, we spent the money from the Prem league on buying any  player that became available, and in all but the Petrescu signing, lost a complete fortune.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am truly sorry to disagree with on this.

Dave Richards has to go down as the worst Chairman in the history of the club while I have been watching them.

Yes, he was Chairman when we won our only national trophy in 80 years, but he inherited a well run club/business and instead of continuing to invest in the infrastructure of the club, Scouting, Yth development and ground improverments to grow the business, we spent the money from the Prem league on buying any  player that became available, and in all but the Petrescu signing, lost a complete fortune.

Hardly any of that is actually true.

The club was hardly 'well run'. We'd just seen the club operating without a valid safety certificate leading to the Hillsborough Disaster, 2 dreadful seasons leading to relegation, Howard Wilkinson walking out and going to Leeds (to build a title winning side) citing the Board as the reason and consistently (still) missing out on transfers (as you originally quoted)... Richards massively invested in the ground - the entire South Stand redevelopment was done nder his tenure, including the executive boxes and catering facilities that have generated so much for the club in the last 20 years. He not only created the structure that saw us win the League Cup, our first trophy in 50 odd years - his Chairmanship saw us finish in the top half of the Premier 5 times out of 9 seasons.

Regards players - you must be forgetting the likes of Thome, Alexandersson, Warhurst, Waddle, Walker and so so many more

20 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Bloody ell, you must have only been watching em while he was in charge then.

Wasting money on players....never have I seen a chairman do that:rolleyes:

Guest Hillsborough Mole

My favourite set pieces are the ones that end up with the ball back with our keeper

But at least we retained possession

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

5 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

My favourite set pieces are the ones that end up with the ball back with our keeper

But at least we retained possession

Annoying that ain't it?

keeps happening...there are even times when we are within shooting distance and its....Reach, to pelepussy, to Lees to dawson...

Thats why I thought Thornily made a difference, he moved it forward.

Lee in for Joey and I think we have the makings, going forward....

He’s far too cautious, in my opinion Don’t know what made him experiment with the three up front at the end of last season, but it worked a treat Everyone went away from that game with high hopes of an exciting season However, despite having practically all the same players available from that Norwich game, it’s back to the dreary stand off stuff

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s far too cautious, in my opinion Don’t know what made him experiment with the three up front at the end of last season, but it worked a treat Everyone went away from that game with high hopes of an exciting season However, despite having practically all the same players available from that Norwich game, it’s back to the dreary stand off stuff

I suppose you have to think like JL must be thinking.....Nowt to look forward to as regards players,"If we don't go up this season we are in big trouble"...can't buy, can't get loans

Hooper, abdi, Lee and Joao  injured....Nuhiu suspended......It must be difficult to go "Up and at 'em"

I find it difficult to be hypercritical, given the circumstances

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I suppose you have to think like JL must be thinking.....Nowt to look forward to as regards players,"If we don't go up this season we are in big trouble"...can't buy, can't get loans

Hooper, abdi, Lee and Joao  injured....Nuhiu suspended......It must be difficult to go "Up and at 'em"

I find it difficult to be hypercritical, given the circumstances

Doesn’t really wash with me Against Wigan, he had that front three available, but decided not to play Joao This weekend, he could have played Forestieri, Fletcher and Matias, but chose not to He even hauled Fletcher off, when he finally did introduce Matias 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Doesn’t really wash with me Against Wigan, he had that front three available, but decided not to play Joao This weekend, he could have played Forestieri, Fletcher and Matias, but chose not to He even hauled Fletcher off, when he finally did introduce Matias 

You're not wrong mate.......

Its a bit of a timid approach I admit, but but with all the peripherals going on....I think JL is under pressure that shouldn't be there..Its a total dogs breakfast

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletch wouldnt have started if nuhiu was available and lj was injured. Dont get your point.

16 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Fletch wouldnt have started if nuhiu was available and lj was injured. Dont get your point.

The point was quite simple really For the first game of the season, he had the same forward line available, that did so well against Norwich. He chose to field just Nuhiu and Forestieri Even for the home game on Saturday, he still decided against a three up front He’s too cautious

7 hours ago, billyblack said:

VA isnt a LWB. Reach was playing in midfield wasnt he? Boyd may not be fit. Penney isnt even in the first team squad. Dave jones and lee woukd be wasted in this position. The fact is its all we have until the financial issues are resolved.

Nonsense I'd rather have Ozzie owl at left back than that pathetic bottler. Jos got it wrong again, thorniley is clearly 100 times better than fox

So much negativity. We knew this would be a 'difficult' season. Make do and mend till we get our finances sorted.

We are 2 games in, the second was better than the first, a step in the right direction.

Carlos isn't here this year which is a positive development, We've got good players still out injured but starting to train with the team. We might manage to get a couple of loans in to fill the gaps. There's still time for things to happen.

There was more positivity when we were in the pub league.