lol if hooper is fit you don't leave him out no way you should even contemplate doing so his intelligence up front is second to none and he knows where the goal is and that is what we are missing , when he plays the team seem to click , that said it's the defence that needs tightening up stop the leaks at the back and build from there

8 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Sorry really struggling with the Hooper 'love in' he's a decent finisher I'll give you that, but often his first touch is woeful and passing erratic at best. His movement is good, but hardly has a great turn of pace.

it would be good to have him back as an option as he does give us something that we don't have, a forward that can play in the hole but I'm not convinced he's the messiah.

Very very happy to be proved wrong.

Eh? Have you ever watched us play with him in the team? I’m not even joking. Baffling comment.

1 hour ago, EssexOwl said:

When fit, he is the most important player in the team. 

I’d argue that’s Keiren Lee ...   but Hoops is a very very close second ,  both absolutely vital to us 

14 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

A fully fit Gary Hooper for the whole season would be top scorer in the division!

If he and Kieran Lee got fit and stayed fit I'd say we'd have a chance of playoffs but not without them!

How many times have the words ‘if hooper is fit’ or ‘if we can get lee back’  been typed 9n this forum ... sad times , but the reality is , these guys are finished 

Edited by james o connor

16 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Sorry really struggling with the Hooper 'love in' he's a decent finisher I'll give you that, but often his first touch is woeful and passing erratic at best. His movement is good, but hardly has a great turn of pace.

it would be good to have him back as an option as he does give us something that we don't have, a forward that can play in the hole but I'm not convinced he's the messiah.

Wow. You watch an entirely different sport to me then.

Playing as the link man, the amount of balls that get fizzed in to his feet from all angles for him to hold it or play it off....and it just sticks!

are you chansiri's advisor?

Wow.

He’s got a superb first touch, and the strength of an ox to keep the ball before almost always doing something constructive with it.

Never going to race away from a fast defender but watch what he does when there’s an opening. Watch again for example his 70 yard run at some pace for his goal in the 2-1 defeat at Brum, or his speed and effort to get to the ball before the Cardiff keeper in our 3-0 win.

Terrific player. Probably the best we have and certainly, along with Lee, in our top 3. Love to have him back, then used sparingly and caringly.

20 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Seems to be getting a mixed bag of views on here at the moment, saying we wouldn't miss him when his contract is up etc - but when he comes back in the side, would you start him? I'd look at having Forestieri, Hooper, Joao in a front three - which is frightening on paper... 

I'm not close to our win to lose ratio when he plays - does anyone have the figures? 

For me - he starts everytime he's fit, I've not doubt the boost he would give to the team as well would be huge with him in the side. Even if we got 20 games out of him, it could drastically improve our season. Would love to see the one touch Bannan, Forestieri and Hooper football again this season.... 

He's the biggest miss of all the injuries, easily the most intelligent in football terms striker at the club .

I’m trying to think of a player who’s first touch is “often woeful” and his passing is “erratic at best” but plays in the hole.

No, I honestly can’t think of one player as nobody in their right mind would put such a player in that position.

I was always a fan of Hoopers backside (yikes), it’s a bit like Kenny Dagleish’s (sp?) ‘arris, always sticking it into people or defenders, using it as battering bum if you like. An often forgotten art in these more fancydan days of step overs and rainbow kicks.

Hooper and Lee are both top drawer players and are the most intelligent players at the club. 

If we had them back, Id start to get my hopes up but I am really starting to wonder whether we will see the best of them again. I am particularly concerned about Lee - I have been told by a few he’s just about done! I really hope this isn’t the case.