Cometh the hour, cometh the man

17 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

When he bought the club from Milan instead of messing about with the committee etc, what he needed to do was do his upmost to get Milan to stay on as a chairman for the first one or two seasons, listened and learned how to run a football club then taken the reigns when he was more knowledgeable. He didn't and were here now and he needs to get the shovel out and start filing in the big hole he's dug himself and us into. 

At the risk of stating the obvious, the longer that DC stays, without bringing in any proper football people, the deeper the big hole will get.

Guest addedtime
3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Never really understand why there’s hate for Howard Wilkinson 

I flipping love him. List what he's done for the club and anyone should.

Much as I respect HW as a person, he far from led us away from disaster. Quite the opposite. We were at the mercy of the Tax Authorities and our respected 'Shareholders and loan owners' when he was in charge. The man who saved our club was Milan Mandaric!

The thing that has got us into this position is the rash spending spree at the begining of his reign. This consisted of buying names  at high wages with the intention of immediate promotion, a thing that we all bought into. There were some very poor buys, but how much of this was due to the Chairman, and how much onto the football committee, which included Roeder, and doubtless Carlos.  I cannot believe ANY chairman would have bought players without some input from the 'Manager'.

Anyway, why all the cries of DOOM? At the end of last season, the club was playing well, and people were starting to say 'thank goodness Carlos has gone. We have played , and lost, ONE league game this season. We may be under an embargo, but that simply means we cannot strengthen the playing staff. It does not mean we have to sell the gold reserves, simply make do with what we have. We have 45 more matches before us.

I honestly cannot understand the melodramatic stance taken by so many Wednesdayites (no new thing)

12 minutes ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

Can't believe how many of our fans are deluded. Need to get in the real world. In danger of becoming a laughing stock.

Don’t think anyone’s deluded and I think you’re judging how people ‘perceive’ us from a very insular ‘in house’ perspective,

No one sees us as a ‘laughing stock’ (pigs excepted) - small man syndrome .

I don’t think people even think about us.

The majority of the ‘bigger’ championship clubs have more or less gone through what we are going through.

Forest did it, Wolves did it (worse), you throw everything at it & it doesn’t come off.

You dust yourself down, re group & go again when the dust has settled.

Too many hyper over reacting.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

These two posts are clear evidence that Megson the Memorable lives in our hearts and minds.  

garymegson

HE has many names. 

I would say it's more likely evidence of your creepy obsession with him.

28 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You’re right, I don’t remember any threads laughing at Leeds when they made ridiculous pricing decisions and seemingly treat their fans with derision.

Its not small man syndrome, it’s the ability to read, digest and understand what others are saying. A concept that has eluded you thus far.

What has eluded you, is the fact I was talking about pig fans having small man syndrome.

As for Leeds, they were league champions in recent memory, a much bigger profile club than us and it was this fall from grace coupled with the real off the scale farce re managers & owners that people were gobsmacked at. 

Our situation re ownership & managers is not in the same stratosphere and outside the Wednesday bubble and a few snide comments about ticket prices, I reckon we largely have dropped off people’s radars.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

My thinking was that the Chairman could bring HW in for a year to get the ship righted.

Some novice owners of football clubs when realising that the whole set up is collapsing might question themselves or their existing advisors.

My suggestion is that Chansiri is at that point  now and if he does not do something like bringing in a proper football man like Wilko his whole investment of what must already be £60m  plus may simply dissolve.

Bottom line is a club the size and scale of Wednesday needs a tough chairman with deep pockets and has done it somewhere before.

..sadly not two a penny. 

Its not the starting place for people with no experience and we are now seeing the results of that.

We are in a terrible state at boardroom level and it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

I just  hope someone can come in before we go some sort of point of no return (if there is one!) 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Never really understand why there’s hate for Howard Wilkinson 

There's no Hate from me.

However, for some people it will never be forgotten , that he left our club , raided our best players and won the League Title for one of the most disliked clubs in British football..........

"The Damned United"

4 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

These two posts are clear evidence that Megson the Memorable lives in our hearts and minds.  

garymegson

HE has many names. 

But unfortunately only one style.

Actually, don't mind Gary.

I only really said it for the fatuous sound bite one liner.

garymegson

• Thanks 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 hours ago, simpark said:

Like he did with Stevie May you mean?

Didn't we turn a small profit on him though?

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

But unfortunately only one style.

Actually, don't mind Gary. I worship HIM. 

I only really said it for the fatuous sound bite one liner.

garymegson

HE has many styles. Give HIM what HE asks for and HE will deliver. 

garymegson