Adam Reach

He will play wing back in the winnable games where we play a 3-4-3. But he won't in the ones where we have to be more defensive in a 3-5-2 as Boyd and fox can put in a better defensive performance in that position.

Edited by pazowl55

To be honest, if someone offered good money for him I’d take it Of all our saleable assets, he’d bring in good money, and would be the least difficult to replace

I’m not saying that because he doesn’t have talent, far from it, there is untapped potential there To my mind, he has yet to find his best position

He can do a job at wing back, but it’s not a position he will shine in My thoughts are, that will ent up starring as a midfield player In an ideal world, I’d keep him because of his potential, however, given our predicament, he is a player who we could maybe cash in on, without weakening the side too much We can find better at wingback, and it’s hard to see how he might fit into the type of midfield we currently require A good player though

• Like 1

Ideally he should play wing back, told to run forward all day and Pudil has got your backside covered.

However if we are going to play 352 with that midfield that played Saturday then I would play him in there instead of Hutch, move Hutch to right sided centre back.

If you are playing 352 it helps if one of your midfielders is happy going over the half way line. Unless we have somebody else fit to do it. Abdi?

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

LWB all day, engine, left peg, covers the ground. It's also his favoured position. 

I'd be interested to see Boyd of left of a front 3,  with FF wide right and Joao through the middle.

Has FF ever played on the right for us.

Everyone always says his best position is out wide. When you see formation/team prediction threads he is on the left in most, with some putting him central but never wide right.

Edited by Yoshihiro Sunbeam

11 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Remember when he used to get slated off on here by morons and now he's one of our most important players. WTF:

Hes improved, no doubt about that, but we should still sell Will get good money, and we can surely replace what he’ currently offers, with a couple of loans

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, s.armo said:

I agree with Guru if we were offered good money he can be replaced.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Hes improved, no doubt about that, but we should still sell Will get good money, and we can surely replace what he’s currently offers, with a couple of loans

I'm genuinely gobsmacked at this

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hes improved, no doubt about that, but we should still sell Will get good money, and we can surely replace what he’s currently offers, with a couple of loans

Who'd wanna buy him though?

We'd probably ask for 15 mil for him. He isn't good enough for the prem yet so that rules those clubs out. For that price in champ, you could get better than him in the positions he can play.

2 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

One of the things I'm really hoping we've worked on during the summer is making our 5-3-2 formation more of a 3-5-2.

Jos obviously felt we needed the solidity of 5 at the back when he came in, and while in the short-term it made us harder to breakdown, it was never going to inspire offensively. 

When playing as a conventional full back I think Reach is lacking defensively, but as others have said, the modern WB role is primarily about work rate, something AR certainly has. 

LWB for me.

Are you considering supper?

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Are you considering supper?

I'd love to Mr C, but I'm currently watching my two year old throw his all over his lap. 

It's putting me right off the whole idea. 

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who'd wanna buy him though?

We'd probably ask for 15 mil for him. He isn't good enough for the prem yet so that rules those clubs out. For that price in champ, you could get better than him in the positions he can play.

I don’t know who might buy him We don’t really want to sell any of our better players, and you’d have to include Reach in that group Not sure we’d get £15m, but if we could get £10m with a sell on clause, let’s do it Of the other saleable assets, who might fetch similar money, it would be difficult to replace the likes of Forestieri or Bannan Reach though, should not be too difficult to replace

We cannot make headway until we address the shortcomings in the squad 

Loans will do it, but if we can’t even do that, then maybe it might be worth cashing in on Reach

Why would you want to sell the player with the most assists and some decent goals last season to bring in a couple of unproven loans who may or may not do the trick for us.

If we're going to sell anyone it will be Westwood imo. We have 3 really good keepers and could safely afford to lose one. 

Lose Reach at LWB and you're left with Fox and an aged Pudil. Not ideal