Adam Reach

Guest Kameron
Just now, s6 owl said:

He isn't a CM and our WB options are a joke so surely he has to play LWB.

A LWB that can't tackle.

Guest Kameron
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Ashley Young can't tackle.

You don't need tackle to be a wing back. Need energy to get up and down and just need to stop crosses getting in.

Reach is capable of that. 

Ashley Young has bags of pace though

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ashley Young can't tackle.

You don't need tackle to be a wing back. Need energy to get up and down and just need to stop crosses getting in.

Reach is capable of that. 

Ashley Young can't tackle and can't beat a man. In the World Cup his only redeeming feature was his dead ball deliveries. He was so poor down that left hand side

LWB for me. Did well during the injury crisis in midfield but most effective on the wing. Could Boyd go right wing back if Baker and Palmer don't work out?

Could be player of the season again and get a move to the PL at the end of this season.

One of the things I'm really hoping we've worked on during the summer is making our 5-3-2 formation more of a 3-5-2.

Jos obviously felt we needed the solidity of 5 at the back when he came in, and while in the short-term it made us harder to breakdown, it was never going to inspire offensively. 

When playing as a conventional full back I think Reach is lacking defensively, but as others have said, the modern WB role is primarily about work rate, something AR certainly has. 

LWB for me.